I'm confused on how you know the schedule..

katyringo

DIS Veteran
I'm researching for our first cruise-

One thing I'm confused about it how do you know the schedule when it's time to book activities?

We want to do a couples massage but not on a port day..

The itinerary will show where the ship is going and whether it’s a port day or not. When you can book stuff is based on your castaway status, since it’s your first cruise it would be 75 days out.

Attachments

• IMG_8069.png
    IMG_8069.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 5
The itinerary will show where the ship is going and whether it’s a port day or not. When you can book stuff is based on your castaway status, since it’s your first cruise it would be 75 days out.
Oh gosh duh. I can already see the itinerary..

I meant how do you know which days are pirate days or when you have what dinning room?

One thing I'm confused about it how do you know the schedule when it's time to book activities?

If you're asking about the "schedule" of onboard activities and times, so that you don't book something when there's something else going on you want to do - you won't know the daily activities schedule until you're onboard.

If you're talking about when it's time for you to schedule your reservable activities, it's based on your Castaway Club level.

Oh gosh duh. I can already see the itinerary..

I meant how do you know which days are pirate days or when you have what dinning room?
You don’t know what your dining rotation is until you get onboard. You can look at BBB for pirate make over and that will tell you when it’s pirate night. I that’s what I did when you can book your activities

Some itineraries are common and you can guesstimate when you have Pirate Night. It’s never the first or last night.

The best answer is as @Skippyboo stated. It’s when Bibbidy Bobbidy Boutique offers Pirate Makeovers (not just Princess).

Many of us just wait to know our dining rotation once onboard. Once you can connect to the app at the port, you should be able to find where you will eat. I think there’s a tab for dining that shows your order of daily MDR venues.

If you search the internet for "disney cruise personal navigator", you will find a place to see previous cruises and the full details on schedule, menus, etc. Obviously each cruise can vary a smidge, but usually things like pirate night remain consistent.

You won't know your restaurant rotation until you board the ship. If there's one MDR you're really set on attending and it's a short cruise, you might want to wait until boarding to make a Palo or Remy dinner reservation- if you're sailing on any ship other than the Wish, they usually have dinner spots (not brunch) for these available upon boarding if you have a small party and are flexible with times, even if it appears sold at during online activities booking. I've never been unable to make a 1 or 2 person dinner reservation at Remy or Palo onboard one of the Fab Four ships. Can't speak for the Wish as I haven't sailed her yet.

You can tell which night is Pirate Night by checking onboard activities booking for each day. The day that pirate makeovers are offered will have Pirate Night.

You won't know your restaurant rotation until you board the ship. If there's one MDR you're really set on attending and it's a short cruise, you might want to wait until boarding to make a Palo or Remy dinner reservation- if you're sailing on any ship other than the Wish, they usually have dinner spots (not brunch) for these available upon boarding if you have a small party and are flexible with times, even if it appears sold at during online activities booking. I've never been unable to make a 1 or 2 person dinner reservation at Remy or Palo onboard one of the Fab Four ships. Can't speak for the Wish as I haven't sailed her yet.

You can tell which night is Pirate Night by checking onboard activities booking for each day. The day that pirate makeovers are offered will have Pirate Night.
We are doing a 7 night on the magic. But I don't want to miss any night in the MDR as based on our previous Disney experiences will probably be one of favorite times.

What are the chances of first time cruisers getting a palo brunch on a 7 night cruise?

We are doing a 7 night on the magic. But I don't want to miss any night in the MDR as based on our previous Disney experiences will probably be one of favorite times.

What are the chances of first time cruisers getting a palo brunch on a 7 night cruise?

It depends on the itinerary and how many sea days there are. And if it's a more unique itinerary with more pearls/platinums, it might be more challenging but not impossible.

We went on our first cruise in January (7 night Eastern Caribbean on the Fantasy) and we were not able to get a Palo Brunch reservation when our activity booking window opened up originally, they were sold out. I checked the app everyday leading up to the cruise and saw a couple that opened up (we weren't able to book them as they didn't line up with any of the nursery availability), so if you don't manage to get when right away, keep checking the app because sometimes they open up (especially closer to the cruise when people are finalizing their plans).

ps. We are able to book Palo dinner and it was amazing! Hoping for our next cruise we will be able to snag Palo brunch!

If you haven't tried Palo dinner, I recommend it. I always preferred it to brunch.

If this is your first cruise, I guess your expectations about the MDR are from WDW dining? You can’t really compare those. The MDR serves well prepared mass produced food. They need to serve thousands in a very limited time frame. Only Palo dinner can be compared to WDW signature dining. However, there are some entertaining shows happing in the MDR which might be of special interest to a first time cruiser.

If this is your first cruise, I guess your expectations about the MDR are from WDW dining? You can’t really compare those. The MDR serves well prepared mass produced food. They need to serve thousands in a very limited time frame. Only Palo dinner can be compared to WDW signature dining. However, there are some entertaining shows happing in the MDR which might be of special interest to a first time cruiser.
We never do signature dinning at the parks, but we absolutely love character meals. I've watched videos of the three MDRs on the Magic and it's absolutely our vibe and with it being our first cruise I don't want to miss any nights in the MDR.

We never do signature dinning at the parks, but we absolutely love character meals. I've watched videos of the three MDRs on the Magic and it's absolutely our vibe and with it being our first cruise I don't want to miss any nights in the MDR.
We are about to do cruise #3 and I haven't wanted to miss a night at the MDRs either. I'm sure Palo is delicious, but I'd rather have the experiences.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest