I'm back! Family trip with DDE, Aug 13-20! Pics included, of course! updated 11/2

i love seeing this picture! we stayed at SSR last may and you could see fulton's from our room - so pretty at night! brings back those great memories.....:cloud9: thanks for posting this!

one of my favorite rieslings! :thumbsup2

you've made me add fulton's to my list of future must-try restaurants. thanks!

awesome, yeah the view was really nice! i'm sure it was awesome the other way around too. hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for the great review of Fulton's, we're planning our arrival day lunch there - Crab & Bloody Mary's!:woohoo:

you're welcome, enjoy!

OMG - Love, love, love Fultons! Aaah - those crab legs!:love:

Did they by any chance do anything special for your mom's birthday? I'm taking my DD in Feb. to celebrate her 13th birthday and she just loves Fulton's too. Wondering if they make as big a deal out of birthdays as the Disney restaurants do!

they didn't do anything for her bday, but i also hadn't noted it on the adr. since i made it the day before, it wasn't made with all my others, so i kinda forgot. i'm sure if you ask, they'd do something though.

I was going to say the same thing :goodvibes

The make your own surf & turf looked incredible! What was on top of the filet? It looked really good :cool1:

hmm, what was on top of the filet...i have no idea! obviously, some sort of sauce, but i really don't know. sorry bout that!

That looks charming. I like the view from the riverboat.

yup, it was very nice :thumbsup2

Awesome review of Fulton's!

thanks!

I'm loving your reviews!

thank you!

Wow that food looks good! Esp. what you got! But alas they are generally too expensive so I prob won't go there but how awesome fo you to do it for your bros!!

yeah, def expensive, but for the boys, it was worth it :cool1:

Thank you so much for the Fultons review! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I cancelled my Kona dinner ressie for Fultons too! Dh and I figure we will be eating alot of steak and pork so we needed to throw in some seafood and we love love love crab claws and legs!

Awesome pictures!

awesome! i hope you enjoy it, they really have awesome seafood, and it's a nice change of pace

I'm also looking forward to Fulton's this trip!!:cool1:

hope you love it!

That looked DELISH!!! It really looks like you guys had an amazing trip. How nice that your brothers offered to foot the bill. They sound like nice guys!

we sure did, and yeah, they are really great!

Sunshine Seasons, breakfast, 8.19.08

This morning, we did morning EMH at Epcot, and we had a full day of eating ahead of us! Since it was my mom's birthday, we had lunch planned at Les Chefs de France, and dinner at Ohana. So we didn't really want a big breakfast. Well, I didn't want a big breakfast, but apparently the boys (and my mom!) will just eat all day, every day!

pic802.jpg

One of them got the breakfast platter, I think Stephen
pic797.jpg

Chris got the egg and cheese croissant, as he doesn't eat pork products
pic798.jpg

My mom got the same thing as Chris, but with bacon as well. There's a banana in the pic too. I think I probably ate that.
pic800.jpg

And I got a bowl of oatmeal with raisins on top, and ate a few bites. Looks like somebody also got a side of bacon. Probably eaten by Stephen. As he eats a lot.
pic799.jpg

We were all really happy with this breakfast. The oatmeal was fine, but I really wasn't hungry and knew we had a big lunch coming up. The rest of them demolished their food. This place is always nice, whether it's breakfast, lunch, or dinner. Pretty sure I've eaten all 3 meals here now, and it's got a nice variety.

next up: lunch @ Les Chefs de France

Marsh my ptr's can't compare to yours with all the pix . But I hope you enjoy my way of showing PP pix and why!! It has become quite a game to some!!:rotfl2:

Loved those Fulton reviews!!:thumbsup2 I think what strikes me the most about your reveiws, is how much fun you have with your family. It is so refreshing to see a close knit family having fun and sharing with one another.:hug:

First off, let me apologize for my long absense! I've been crazy busy with work and travel/etc, I just haven't had a chance to get to this! But I'm back, and I promise to finish!

Les Chefs de France, lunch, 8.19.08

Our ADR was for 12:30, but we arrived a bit early and were seated at 12:15. Awesome. First thumbs of for Les Chefs. The boys were sick of me taking pictures, as you can see
pic820.jpg

Ah well, too bad! Order your drinks! They each got a French beer...Kronenburg it looks like? They liked them
pic822.jpg

Mom and I both decided to start with a Kir Royale, oh these are so good and I don't really like Champagne!
pic823.jpg

We were each given a nice warm roll
pic824.jpg

Now, it's been a while, and I didn't write down who got what, so I'm not really sure about the soups...anyway, someone got the French Onion, someone got the Lobster Bisque, and I got some sort of Cauliflower soup.

French Onion
pic825.jpg

Lobster Bisque
pic827.jpg

Cauliflower Soup
pic826.jpg

The French Onion soup was a big hit, but you'd expect that from France, wouldn't you? The Lobster Bisque was a bit of a letdown, after that amazing Bisque the boys had at Fulton's. But it was okay. And I liked the Cauliflower. It was nice and creamy without being heavy. I think it was a special that day though, they might not always have it.

For main meals, I got the Goat Cheese Salad. This is good stuff. But I love goat cheese. If you don't like goat cheese, you probably wouldn't like it, but it was great for me! Along with the goat cheese, there were tomatoes, grapes, walnuts, field greens, and a light dressing
pic828.jpg

My mom and Chris both got the Chicken Crepe. It came with mixed greens on the side. They both liked it.
pic831.jpg

And Stephen got the Chicken with Mashed Potatoes and Braised Tomatoes. I ate his tomatoes as he doesn't really do veggies. I liked them. I don't really remember this dish, but he was probably fine with it. If he didn't like it, I'm sure I would have noted that. So it was probably just fine, nothing special.
pic830.jpg

Everybody was too full for dessert, but Chris has this rule that if there is Creme Brulee on the menu, he has to order it. So he did. And he barely made a dent in it!
pic832.jpg

Mmmm mmm good!
pic833.jpg

This was my mom's birthday lunch, but they didn't do anything for it. That's okay though. The server was a really nice French guy. My brothers and I all took French at least up to one semester in college, and while it's been a while for me, they still remember some stuff. So they tested it out, and amused our waiter very much! Haha, it was a good time.

I know this place gets some bad reviews, but I've always had very pleasant meals here. So yes, I would say that if the menu appeals to you, give it a try! :thumbsup2

bonus drinks!

Tangeriene Cocktail
pic834.jpg

next up: mom's bday dinner @Ohana

Hey Marcia - glad to see you're continuing with the reviews!

We just tried Chefs for the first time in June. My DD and I enjoyed it; nothing too spectacular, but good just the same. I also had the french onion soup - delish! And, oh those cocktails in France - so many drinks to try; so little time! The Kir Royale was a good choice!:thumbsup2

I LOVE Chef's their Shrimp and Scallop dish is Delishas are the apple crepes for dessert !! Great review Marcia !!

Thanks for the great reviews Marcia. Taking my mom to Chefs de France 12/16, Candlelight Processional package for the 5:00 show. My grandparents and generations before them are all from France and Canada so my mom really wanted to do one of the French restaurants this time. I appreciate the review. Doesn't sound like a spectacular place but the boards give the food okay reviews. We are hoping for ambience with the food. Looking forward to more of your reviews. You always do a great job with them.

Dontcha just hate when work gets in the way of DIS'ing?? Am I right in thinking you're also planning a December trip?

The food in France looks great. And the Kir Royale is going on my list! I believe you have added quite a few adult beverages to my list, Miss Marsh. :worship: ;)

Hey Marcia - glad to see you're continuing with the reviews!

We just tried Chefs for the first time in June. My DD and I enjoyed it; nothing too spectacular, but good just the same. I also had the french onion soup - delish! And, oh those cocktails in France - so many drinks to try; so little time! The Kir Royale was a good choice!:thumbsup2

yeah i'm back again...after another long absence! but yes, i'm gonna finish this! i promise! and really, i could spend all day drinking france's coctails!

I LOVE Chef's their Shrimp and Scallop dish is Delishas are the apple crepes for dessert !! Great review Marcia !!

ooh yes, i've had the shrimp and scallop dish before and loved it too! never tried the apple crepes, i've tried the crepes from the stand outside though

Thanks for the great reviews Marcia. Taking my mom to Chefs de France 12/16, Candlelight Processional package for the 5:00 show. My grandparents and generations before them are all from France and Canada so my mom really wanted to do one of the French restaurants this time. I appreciate the review. Doesn't sound like a spectacular place but the boards give the food okay reviews. We are hoping for ambience with the food. Looking forward to more of your reviews. You always do a great job with them.

ambience will definitely be a thumbs up, at least for me it was. i hope you enjoy your meal and the CP!

Welcome back!!:goodvibes

thanks...and i'm back again!

Your reviews were great and your family looked SOOOO happy to be there! How nice!!

thank you so much, we really had a blast together

Dontcha just hate when work gets in the way of DIS'ing?? Am I right in thinking you're also planning a December trip?

The food in France looks great. And the Kir Royale is going on my list! I believe you have added quite a few adult beverages to my list, Miss Marsh. :worship: ;)

seriously, stupid work! anyway, i'm glad to contribute to your adult beverage list....it's so one of my favorite parts!!! big surprise, i know :rolleyes1

Ohana is coming!

Ohana, dinner, 8.19.08

So it was pouring this day. After the morning in Epcot, the boys went back to the room and mom and I spent the rest of her bday in Animal Kingdom...it was so awesome! No lines whatsoever, everyone was worried they would melt! LOL! Well, the park closed at 7, and we saw the 6:30 Lion King, so we were on a bus to the Poly at 7:20. We arrived at the Poly at 7:45 and I went to check in to Ohana. The boys hadn't yet arrived, so I walked around and took some pictures.
pic997.jpg

Ah, here come the boys!
pic998.jpg

And by this time, my mom had disappeared. And that's when our buzzer went off. So we were taken to our table, where they had a birthday button for my mom, since it was her Bday! They put it with the bread
pic999.jpg

My mom came and joined us soon enough, so then we were ready to feast. My mom loved this place when we came last year, so she was thrilled to have her birthday dinner here. Although, we were seated at the back, no where near the windows, this wasn't a problem. We were more interested in the food anyway! And so, they started bringing it out. First up, the dipping sauces, and the salad.
pic1002.jpg

pic1003.jpg

I love the dressing on this salad. It's got a great light honey lime dressing. We devoured the entire bowl. Well, me and my mom and Chris did. Stephen won't touch veggies. What a weirdo!!

I got a pic of the firepit, which we had a good view of from our table
pic1005.jpg

Next came the side dishes. Noodles, veggies, and chicken wings. I don't see the potstickers yet, maybe I got them later.
pic1007.jpg

pic1008.jpg

pic1009.jpg

The broccoli was really good, nice and crunchy. The noodles were fine, just like regular lo mein. And the chicken wings, I don't eat those. The others enjoyed them, though. And I was really waiting for the shrimp! Last year I got the vegetarian meal since I don't eat red meat, and the shrimps weren't skewered last year, but this year, I just made a meal out of the skewered shrimp!

Oh, of course we ordered drinks. Backscratchers for me, Stephen, and Chris, and Lapu Lapu for my mom (she actually had 2!)
pic1010.jpg

pic1013.jpg

Then the lady went around and did a parade...yes, let's notice the grown men right behind her leading the way! :rotfl2:
pic1017.jpg

More meat on a skewer, maybe pork
pic1018.jpg

And this is probably the beef, that my brothers ate craploads of!
pic1020.jpg

A pile of shrimp...
pic1022.jpg

My next plate with more broccoli, some pork, and shrimp
pic1023.jpg

Loved this shrimp! Yes, it's a pain to have to peel it, but really, it's worth it!

Aaaaand here is the carnage! The table after the main meal!
pic1025.jpg

pic1026.jpg

Here's my mom enjoying what I think is her second drink
pic1027.jpg

Then came out the bread pudding with ice cream and sauce, oh man, sooo sooo good! This stuff was awesome!
pic1028.jpg

pic1029.jpg

My mom was also given a birthday cupcake, here she is blowing it out
pic1031.jpg

And then she decided to scrape all the remaining pineapple out of her drink. Please note, the 2 pineapples. Yup, she drank them down real nice.
pic1033.jpg

pic1034.jpg

We all were very happy with this meal. It's really perfect for my family....lots of meat, and as much of it as you want! Add in some tasty cocktails, and we're good to go. Really doesn't take much, now does it? Hehe.

next up: Crystal Palace b'fast (and i promise it won't be 2 weeks til this one!)

Hi Marcia! Glad you're back with a new update :thumbsup2 Looks like a good meal and I need to get me a Lapu Lapu :goodvibes

is it just me, or does it look like who ever made the b-day cupcake had a couple of pineapple drinks before making it??? ;)

DROOL!!!!!!!!!! great - now i have to clean up the mess i made on my keyboard!

Then the lady went around and did a parade...yes, let's notice the grown men right behind her leading the way! :rotfl2:
pic1017.jpg

is it just me or does she look like a very made-up hawaiian britney spears???

And then she decided to scrape all the remaining pineapple out of her drink. Please note, the 2 pineapples. Yup, she drank them down real nice.
pic1033.jpg

your mom is a smart lady. any kind of fruit infused with alcohol is the BEST! :thumbsup2

hi,
great update and pics.

we are eating at Chefs in December and also O'Hana. first time for dinner there.

She had 2 Lapu's? WOW.

I might try that backscratcher

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter