I'm back! Family trip with DDE, Aug 13-20! Pics included, of course! updated 11/2

The candy lady picked you... how awesome! The italian margarita and grey goose slushie have secured places of honor on my to-do list. ;) I've been toying with the idea of a meal at the Plaza and just may do it. We'll see. Can't wait to hear what happened next!!

Great Update Marsh !!Your salad looked really good!!

thanks, it was delish!

Great reviews again! Thanks so much for posting them! :thumbsup2

thank you!

One of these days, I'll get around to trying the Plaza. Love the booze pics too. Thanks.

yeah i never went for the longest time, and now i just love it!

OOOOh I love the tomato bisque soup!!!! YUM!!

Your frog candy is so cute!

so good, yes, and thank you :)

Oh Wow - that salad of yours did looked scrumptious! I just may have to get over to The Plaza one of these days; never been before!

Congrats on the being picked by the Candy Lady! That's quite an honor!:banana:

i know, and it's the second time! not same trip, last nov she picked me too, so i thought that was awesome!

That candy lady in Japan is awesome. That is too cute!

yeah, she's really cool, i love catching her show

Can't wait for Fulton's!:banana:

coming soon! sorry it's taken so long!

In all of my trips to Disney, I have never seen the Candy Lady :sad2: That frog looks really cool :cool1:

Plaza is a great little hidden spot :thumbsup2

Can't wait to hear about Fulton's, I've never been there.

oh you must try to catch her if you can :thumbsup2

The frog is so cute! Love seeing all the pics! :)

thanks!

The candy lady picked you... how awesome! The italian margarita and grey goose slushie have secured places of honor on my to-do list. ;) I've been toying with the idea of a meal at the Plaza and just may do it. We'll see. Can't wait to hear what happened next!!

awesome, i hope you enjoy them as much as i do!

Must subscribe...great reviews!:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

thank you so much!

fulton's...coming up!

Fulton's Crab House, dinner, 8.18.08

Originally, we had planned for Kona Cafe for dinner for this night, but my brothers had heard about Fulton's, and would not leave Disney without visiting. So I figured, I've been to Kona a lot, my mom has been there a couple times, and I'll go back. So why not let the boys have their fun? So I told them if I could get an ADR for a suitable time, I would book it. And they had it available at 8ish pm. Which was perfect. And this was the night before (Sunday) that I called for Monday night. Pretty good if you ask me.

We were seated asap, which was really nice, and we got a really pretty view as well.
pic759.jpg

And inside the restaurant
pic760.jpg

Anyway, of course I had to start with a coctail. It was called a Blast from the Past, and I got it with the Bacardi float which was optional. Very good. Can't remember what was in it though, sorry! I had 2 over the course of the meal :rolleyes1
pic761.jpg

My mom ordered a glass of Chateau St Michelle Riesling. She liked it
pic763.jpg

Okay, now, let me preface all the food. By telling you. It was a LOT of food. Our bill came to something over $300. My brothers went way over the top, and promised my mom they'd pay for their extravagance. Okay crazy boys, fill up! Here they are, ready to go
pic764.jpg

And the girls
pic765.jpg

First up, bread. A nice crusty roll, and some flat bread type stuff. I don't remember what the stuff other than butter was, but I'm pretty sure everyone liked it.
pic766.jpg

Here we have 2 crab cakes...I think? Or it's just 1 from 2 different angles. But I'm gonna guess each boy had one. Yeah, I see 2 different colored shirts. They each had their own.
pic767.jpg

pic768.jpg

These were fantastic. Full of crab, not any filler. They were very happy with them.

Chris also got a bowl of the crab and lobster bisque. It came out with the meat in the bottom of the bowl, and then the soup was poured over it. High quality stuff here.
pic769.jpg

I'm boring, I got a salad. But, ya know, I love salad :worship:
pic770.jpg

The boys both got the Filet Mignon and added on the Crab Legs, to make their own surf and turf. They were in heaven! The steaks were cooked perfectly (rare for Chris, and medium rare for Stephen, I think). And the crab legs were full of yummy meat.
pic771.jpg

pic772.jpg

I'm pretty sure this is the inside of Stephen's
pic781.jpg

Chris's picture came out a little darker, but you can see the rareness
pic778.jpg

(sorry if the cut open steak pictures are not suitable...i know some people don't like half eaten food, but oh well! there they are!)

My mom ordered the Grilled Shrimp - with sauteed broccolini. Good stuff.
pic773.jpg

I got the hmm, I don't see what I ordered on the menu. It was a crab cake, shrimp, and a piece of white fish. It came with mashed potatoes. This was so good! I loved the crab cake, as my brothers had as their appy. This whole dish was fabulous. Maybe not as over the top as the boys, but perfect for me
pic775.jpg

Here's a family shot at the table
pic777.jpg

And the boys, enjoying themselves like crazy!
pic784.jpg

pic788.jpg

pic789.jpg

The boys were stuffed. Big surprise. My mom and I were happily satisfied. All around, I was very pleased with this meal. Granted, I didn't foot the bill, and I probably won't go back because they don't take the DDE. But it was a nice change of pace, and I was just really happy to make the boys so happy.

next up: mom's bday b'fast @ Sunshine Seasons

We were seated asap, which was really nice, and we got a really pretty view as well.
pic759.jpg

i love seeing this picture! we stayed at SSR last may and you could see fulton's from our room - so pretty at night! brings back those great memories.....:cloud9: thanks for posting this!

My mom ordered a glass of Chateau St Michelle Riesling. She liked it
pic763.jpg

one of my favorite rieslings! :thumbsup2

you've made me add fulton's to my list of future must-try restaurants. thanks!

Thanks for the great review of Fulton's, we're planning our arrival day lunch there - Crab & Bloody Mary's!:woohoo:

OMG - Love, love, love Fultons! Aaah - those crab legs!:love:

Did they by any chance do anything special for your mom's birthday? I'm taking my DD in Feb. to celebrate her 13th birthday and she just loves Fulton's too. Wondering if they make as big a deal out of birthdays as the Disney restaurants do!

Wow that food looks good! Esp. what you got! But alas they are generally too expensive so I prob won't go there but how awesome fo you to do it for your bros!!

Thank you so much for the Fultons review! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I cancelled my Kona dinner ressie for Fultons too! Dh and I figure we will be eating alot of steak and pork so we needed to throw in some seafood and we love love love crab claws and legs!

Awesome pictures!

Thank you so much for the Fultons review! :worship: :worship: :worship:

I cancelled my Kona dinner ressie for Fultons too! Dh and I figure we will be eating alot of steak and pork so we needed to throw in some seafood and we love love love crab claws and legs!

Awesome pictures!

I'm also looking forward to Fulton's this trip!!:cool1:

I'm also looking forward to Fulton's this trip!!:cool1:

Ooh what are you going to order? DH wants the fried fishermans plate with the lobster tail and I want the Crab claws....this is our break the bank meal :goodvibes

That looked DELISH!!! It really looks like you guys had an amazing trip. How nice that your brothers offered to foot the bill. They sound like nice guys!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter