Illuminations Dining Package at Rose and Crown

I have this booked for March 10 and was a little discouraged by Joshs review of the dreaded hedge.
I was ready to cancel.
I'm short and thought UGH this will have a bad impact on my viewing. I was so sure i was going to cancel at that point.
But after reading reviews that you are able to stand (if need be) that info has helped in my decision to keep the ressie.

I also ran this by my DH and what he thought about the whole pkg and its price. Which I though he would totally say no to.
Not knowing I had already booked this:p. He said he thought that it was worth it especially with the 3 course menu and alcohol included it seemed like a small up charge to sit and relax and enjoy probably the last time we would be seeing Illuminations:(

I mean we already wanted a sit down dinner that night so I think we're going to keep the ressie.

And maybe someone could trim the hedge a little:goodvibes lol

Our date is already sold out. Does anyone know how many people they sell this too:confused:

Liz:rose:

I have this booked for March 10 and was a little discouraged by Joshs review of the dreaded hedge.
I was ready to cancel.
I'm short and thought UGH this will have a bad impact on my viewing. I was so sure i was going to cancel at that point.
But after reading reviews that you are able to stand (if need be) that info has helped in my decision to keep the ressie.

I also ran this by my DH and what he thought about the whole pkg and its price. Which I though he would totally say no to.
Not knowing I had already booked this:p. He said he thought that it was worth it especially with the 3 course menu and alcohol included it seemed like a small up charge to sit and relax and enjoy probably the last time we would be seeing Illuminations:(

I mean we already wanted a sit down dinner that night so I think we're going to keep the ressie.

And maybe someone could trim the hedge a little:goodvibes lol

Our date is already sold out. Does anyone know how many people they sell this too:confused:

I had nabbed 4 seats for the 2/26--only to cancel it after that review---wasn't thrilled about the food choices anyway. I also heard the volume of the speakers could be improved there anyway, and lastly, I once had spectacular views there only to have to run away because the wind blew all of the fireworks smoke directly at us. Note: If wind is blowing hard and at your face---find a different viewing spot!

Sure thing! I think the weather forecast is for a warmer day/evening so I'm thinking we will be on the lower patio. I will also ask about vegetarian options.

Yes, please. We are a party of 6 and I was wondering how they will seat us. Can you let me know if you see any larger parties? I am wondering if they will do 2 tables of 3.

I have it 2/16 FYI. I'll try to post pix. Any requests?

Yep I booked mainly to have somewhere to sit while waiting for it to start. To sit or stand during it? That's not an issue.

Thx for the posts people :)

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I saw this! I have regular R&C reservation booked for 8pm on our upcoming trip, and was hoping for a good view of Illuminations, and now I know to cancel it. Neither my husband, nor I, are drinkers, and I'm not a dessert eater, so booking the dining package makes no sense for us. So disappointed.

Oh my gosh, I'm so glad I saw this! I have regular R&C reservation booked for 8pm on our upcoming trip, and was hoping for a good view of Illuminations, and now I know to cancel it. Neither my husband, nor I, are drinkers, and I'm not a dessert eater, so booking the dining package makes no sense for us. So disappointed.

Wait to hear back before cancelling. I too have a regular ressie but want to see how they are treating those. Should find out this week it seems.

We are going on Thursday night, I'll post feedback.

I can't wait to hear how you liked this pkg. I also hope that we are seated on the lower patio(in spite of the dreaded hedge:teeth:) Curious to see what they do.
Thanks again

Have a great time!!

We are planning on booking this package at R&C. This seems to be the norm now...Prime locations being used for packages. An alternative for those looking for a view with dinner....A few years back I took a chance with a 7:15 pm ADR at La Hacienda de San Angel for a 9:00 pm Illuminations. I asked when we arrived for a window seat but was told it was not guaranteed. We lucked out with a table against one of the huge windows in the main dining room. It poured and poured. The show went on and we were nice and dry with one of the best views of the fireworks. This restaurant is close to some of the barges. Food and drinks were good but it was well worth the view and staying dry. They waiter in the beginning tried to rush out the food but we made it clear we were taking our time to stay and see the fireworks. Any table in the main dining room will provide a great view.

Wait to hear back before cancelling. I too have a regular ressie but want to see how they are treating those. Should find out this week it seems.
I think the concern was not a matter of what they might do with those ADRs but rather how likely it is that one would get a table with a view. If half or more of the tables with a view are allocated for the package, then it makes sense to assume that it will be that much more unlikely to get a table with a view otherwise.

I think the concern was not a matter of what they might do with those ADRs but rather how likely it is that one would get a table with a view. If half or more of the tables with a view are allocated for the package, then it makes sense to assume that it will be that much more unlikely to get a table with a view otherwise.

I know, that is why I am waiting before cancelling. How are they going to treat/sit us people that already had normal ADR's before this ever was anounced? I am concerned too, but not going to cancel until I know that answer.

Yes, but they have, or at least use to have, a standing room area for those who were at a table without a view.

We haven't heard back about whether this has changed, or not.

Would the lower tables be used if it was raining ? Or would they move us to upper? Wondering? Thanks for all the updates!

I ended up cancelling! Several factors led me to cancel, not just the view or the timing of the courses. In the end we just decided we didn't want to do it. We preferred to try some selections from the Festival of the Arts booths for our dinner earlier in the evening. (Everything we had was very tasty!)

On the whole we aren't huge Illuminations fans anyway, and we wound up leaving the park before the show even started. We were tired!

Last edited:
We had great time and a great view. The package was just the lower balcony, and I did see people getting seated on the upper. I asked the waiter if they could accommodate vegetarians, and he said yes, they will accommodate all dietary needs. I saw two parties of 5 seated at round tables, 1 being right next to us. They were not cramped as far as I could tell, but I'm not sure they would have fit a sixth. I think there would be room for a larger square table at the end of the seating area. The tables were all pre-assigned so no benefit to get there early. They seated us starting at 7:45, and the waiter told us the bar would not serve until 8 on the dot. We were at the second table from the ramp, so no hedge! The service was great, maybe a little too great. The woman behind me was slurring pretty good by the time illuminations started, and she did not shut up the entire show . My husband said he counted 6 rounds for that table. We finished our entrees just before the show, and dessert was served just after. Overall a great experience!

We had great time and a great view. The package was just the lower balcony, and I did see people getting seated on the upper. I asked the waiter if they could accommodate vegetarians, and he said yes, they will accommodate all dietary needs. I saw two parties of 5 seated at round tables, 1 being right next to us. They were not cramped as far as I could tell, but I'm not sure they would have fit a sixth. I think there would be room for a larger square table at the end of the seating area. The tables were all pre-assigned so no benefit to get there early. They seated us starting at 7:45, and the waiter told us the bar would not serve until 8 on the dot. We were at the second table from the ramp, so no hedge! The service was great, maybe a little too great. The woman behind me was slurring pretty good by the time illuminations started, and she did not shut up the entire show . My husband said he counted 6 rounds for that table. We finished our entrees just before the show, and dessert was served just after. Overall a great experience!

Thanks for this! I'm attending next Wednesday and I'm so excited!

Thank you for your review. I was kind of hoping to request a table on one of the sides for my daughter. But we will make it work for her.

Have any actual pictures of the view been posted yet on Dis? I saw a review online but nothing in the forums.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter