Illuminations Cruise or Happily Ever After Cruise??

karensi

My Family and Disney are my two favorite things!
Hi, I just called to book the Illuminations Cruise and I was told none available for the date I need right now but I was able to book the Happily Ever after Cruise, which I did.
I was thinking that I will just keep calling back to see if I would be able to get the Illuminations Cruise at some point but now I'm wondering if I should just keep the Happily Ever After Cruise.
We're a family of 6, me (the Nana), my DD, son in law and 3 grandsons (ages 14, 12 and 11) all of whom are into Disney.
We've done the Illuminations Cruise before, we've done the Pirate's Cruise, IDK, what would you do?
What did you like better? Illuminations Cruise or Happily Ever After Cruise?

TIA,

Karen

HEA cruise you won't be able to see any of the castle projections, which I understand plays a big roll in the display. I'd try to hold out for the Illuminations, or book a HEA dessert party

HEA cruise you won't be able to see any of the castle projections, which I understand plays a big roll in the display. I'd try to hold out for the Illuminations, or book a HEA dessert party

Ditto.

I haven't done either. As noted, the castle projections are a huge part of HEA and you can't see them on the cruise.
I have seen where the boats dock for the Illuminations cruise and it would be a great view as its close to where we often watch.
I would keep checking to see if the Illuminations cruise becomes available.

I have not done the HEA cruise but have watched HEA from all over the Seven Seas Lagoon / MK resorts. I’m in the camp that doesn’t think you HAVE to see the projections for it still to be a good show/good entertainment. HEA fireworks alone are very impressive, frankly more-so than Wishes, in my humble opinion.

Sure there’s an element to the storyline that you miss that’s very impressive in its own right, but it’s not absolutely critical... especially for repeat viewings of the show or if you have another in-park viewing night during your trip.

Hi. Did you ask for an AP discount? Can you get AP discounts on these cruises?
Thanks.

I've done the HAE cruise and thought it was amazing. If you've never seen the show, sure I would recommend seeing it up close the first time. But if you've seen it before then I feel like the music and the fireworks are more than enough. Seeing them from a different perspective trumps seeing the projections again. The one thing I will say about the cruise though is that the audio on the ship was not very loud and I didn't like that. Try to position yourself near one of the speakers. I don't know why they don't play it louder.

Thanks so much to all who replied. It seems that the consensus of opinion is to try for the Illuminations Cruise, which I will do.
Right now my thinking is, at least I have the HEA cruise but I'll keep trying for the Illuminations Cruise.
To js (my DD), yes I got the AP discount on the HEA cruise. I didn't ask if it was offered for the Illuminations Cruise since I wasn't able to book it anyway. Will definitely ask if/when I am able to book it ::yes::

OP here, I just called again and I was able to get the Illuminations cruise for the date I needed :flower:
After reading everyone's replies here I'm so happy I got it.
And to my DD, js, yes, I did get the AP discount :D

Thank you all for the information. If I hadn't known about the way most people feel about the HEA cruise I may have just stuck with that but after reading what everyone had to say I really wanted to keep trying for the Illuminations cruise. I'm very happy and surprised I called back and was able to get it!!

Thank you all again :flower3:

OP here, I just called again and I was able to get the Illuminations cruise for the date I needed :flower:

Thank you all for the information. If I hadn't known about the way most people feel about the HEA cruise I may have just stuck with that but after reading what everyone had to say I really wanted to keep trying for the Illuminations cruise. I'm very happy and surprised I called back and was able to get it!!

Yahoo!!!!

Hi I appreciated reading your posts as I am in a similar situation looking for the illuminations fireworks cruise on a specific date that is currently unavailable. If you don’t mind me asking how often did you keep checking back on availability, and did you have to call in each time or was there some way to more speedily check online? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated as I try to pull off a surprise for my parents’ anniversary. Thanks again

Hi I appreciated reading your posts as I am in a similar situation looking for the illuminations fireworks cruise on a specific date that is currently unavailable. If you don’t mind me asking how often did you keep checking back on availability, and did you have to call in each time or was there some way to more speedily check online? Any information you can give me would be greatly appreciated as I try to pull off a surprise for my parents’ anniversary. Thanks again

I called every day, usually in the morning. If I remember correctly I didn't have to make too many calls until it became available. My best piece of advice for you is to not give up. People's plans change all the time. I'd even call up to and including the date I wanted.
I don't think you can check for this on line, on the MDE. It's been a few months now so my memory isn't crystal clear but I think you have to call as opposed to going on MDE. If I'm wrong hopefully someone will correct me.
GOOD LUCK!!! I really hope you get what you want.
Oh, also there is a thread here on the Dis where people are looking to share an Illuminations cruise. If you don't mind sharing maybe you might have some luck there. Wish I knew how to insert a link to that thread but I'm not that computer savvy. Again, maybe someone else here can help you find that link.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter