If you've tried Remy...did you get enough to eat?

kay1864

DIS Veteran
I love the idea of a V&A meal for $95...but the reviews seem to show tiny portions. OTOH there are quite a few courses!

Were you still a bit hungry after the meal, or were you as full as you would be at a regular MDR meal?

(Yes, I know the service, ambiance, and high quality of the food is part of the experience. I'm just curious if you felt like you got the same amount of food overall.)

Also if you still aren't full after the meal you can literally head right to the snack bars or order room service. :)
Yes of course, I know there are options. I'm just curious about the amount of food at Remy.

We walked away stuffed....... It was a great dinner with lots of courses. YUM

I love the idea of a V&A meal for $95...but the reviews seem to show tiny portions. OTOH there are quite a few courses!

Were you still a bit hungry after the meal, or were you as full as you would be at a regular MDR meal?

(Yes, I know the service, ambiance, and high quality of the food is part of the experience. I'm just curious if you felt like you got the same amount of food overall.)

Heavens, yes! As a matter of fact, I very quickly realized that there was so much food that I was going to have to select the courses I preferred and eat most of those, and just pick at the remaining courses.

Stuffed! Hubby and I thought the same thing when we went the first time after they brought out the first couple of courses. We were very full at the end and the food and ambiance is phenomenal!

How was the meal compared to Palo? $95/person just seems a bit steep and wanted to make sure it was "worth it."

How was the meal compared to Palo? $95/person just seems a bit steep and wanted to make sure it was "worth it."

They aren't really the same experience. Palo is a nice upscale restaurant. Remy is true fine dining experience. I think these review from the Disney Food Blog will give you a good sense of both

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2015/03/06/guest-review-disney-cruise-lines-remy/

http://www.disneyfoodblog.com/2014/...-cruise-lines-fantasy-cruise-ship/#more-73846

I agree that Remy is an order of magnitude above Palo. My meal there was one of the top 3 in my life, with the other 2 being at Victoria and Albert's.

We had vegetarian/fish plates with no meat, and my husband and I were definitely full (too full to enjoy the chocolates we had at the end of the meal -- we ate them the next day).

On our first visit to Remy, my husband felt that he needed to add a couple more courses. He did, and he's never done it again! :) There is more than enough food in the planned menu. Enjoy!

Plenty to eat. One of the best meals of my life. Certainly the best service-ever. Still waiting to try Victoria and Albert's

I would be shocked if you get out of Remy with less than 2000 calories. Ample food, served in 5 courses over 2-3 hours plus dessert and bread service. And don't forget the complimentary champagne cocktail and any wine with the meal, which helps it all fit so comfortably in the stomach!

Dirk

Yikes, I didn't realize it had gone up from $75 to $95/pp.

Wish the platinum benefit would allow you to choose Remy for your free meal ;)

My experience with those multi course meals at French restaurants is that yes the portions look small but the food is so rich that you walk away more than full. Usually stuffed. They like using quite a bit of eggs, cream, butter in the preparations. The only way my system can handle the food is if we get the wine pairings as well. The alcohol helps break down all of the fats which helps with digestion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!