If your child wins a lava lamp at the arcade...

JerseyJanice

A Disboards original...
and you want to get it home on your flight, make sure you pack it in your checked luggage. It has too much liquid to be carried onto a plane.

Just an FYI because I don't know if they try to warn you verbally or with a sign at the arcade redemption counter. (I stayed out of the arcade personally.) Two of the kids in our group won lava lamps that they had to give up at the airport security checkpoint.

Can you even put it in your checked luggage? I assume it's like the snow globes and I didn't think they could even be checked - they have signs by the snow globes at the stores saying something about the TSA regulations. Most people have them shipped. But of course, maybe that's because no one wants to put any liquid-filled glass item in their checked luggage.

would also go with shipping them back. get take it to concierge and they should be able to do it.

we had to ship a snow globe back only after not being able to bring it on the carry on with us. it cost me more to ship home than it did to buy the globe itself. if you buy a snow globe at the airport you are able to carry it on because it's already been cleared for them to sell it there.

Anything purchased at the airport is subject to the same 3-1-1 carry-on regulations that your 'home' purchases are. If the snow globes are sold inside the secure area then, yes, you can carry them on the plane - assuming this doesn't exceed one's airline-mandated carry-on limit. Are there airside gift shops that sell snow globes?

But the lava lamps - likely Walt Disney World presumes air travelers will know these contain more than 3.4 ounces of liquid and need to be packed in checked luggage; equally possible, there IS signage warning Guests traveling by air.

You can pack the lamps and/or snow globes in your checked bags.

There are no TSA limits on liquids on checked baggage.

The signs in the shops tell you not to attempt to carry-on snow globes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter