If you were a first timer, would this itinerary seem overwhelming?

Going with some first timers, I’m the only seasoned veteran in the group so I’m planning. Lol. This is my itinerary so far.

Day 1: Arrival Day, Disney Springs Mid-day, Dinner at the Boathouse.

Day 2: Rope Drop Magic Kingdom, Breakfast at Sleepy Hollow, Lunch at Steakhouse 71, Mid-day Break, Dinner at Kona Cafe/Trader Sam’s, MK till Park Close.

(I don’t love MK quick service, so I usually visit the monorail hotels.)

Day 3: Rope Drop Hollywood Studios, Breakfast at Woody’s, Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby, Dinner at Backlot/Oga’s Cantina, DHS till Park Close.

Day 4: Resort Breakfast, Rope Drop Epcot, Mid-day Break at Port Orleans, Epcot till Park Close.

Day 5: Departure Day, Rope Drop Animal Kingdom, Lunch at Satuli, Leave for Airport.

I tend to pack a lot into days, so I can get my money’s worth, and always do park open to close, with mid-day breaks/naps. I also try to do a few table service and quick service mixed in. Would this itinerary scare a first timer?
If I was first timer I probably wouldn’t be interested in eating at steakhouse 71, I’d be fine with quick service in MK and enjoying the Parade for the first time to experience “the magic”. Go back to hotel after that and rest/snack and return for evening if up for it.
I would switch Day 3 and 4 so there’s more time to sleep and enjoy Epcot after big first day. Maybe plan a sit down meal at Epcot. Also need to let them enjoy the resort pool etc.

If I was first timer I probably wouldn’t be interested in eating at steakhouse 71, I’d be fine with quick service in MK and enjoying the Parade for the first time to experience “the magic”. Go back to hotel after that and rest/snack and return for evening if up for it.
I would switch Day 3 and 4 so there’s more time to sleep and enjoy Epcot after big first day. Maybe plan a sit down meal at Epcot. Also need to let them enjoy the resort pool etc.
I agree with soaking up the Magic at MK. I think too much time will be wasted leaving the park for those other meals. As a first timer at 40, going with seasoned veterans, I remember feeling so rushed when all I wanted to do was see the castle, watch the shows, etc.

I don't think your itinerary is bad but there are a few things I would change.

I would spend more time at MK. For first timers I feel that MK IS Disney World. You are barely spending 6ish hours in the park. For the Epcot day I would sleep in, start later and just stay through close with a dinner ADR as our "rest" time. I am a fan of midday breaks if you are doing RD but sometimes you just want to sleep in a bit and give your legs/feet a little extra rest in the morning. I think you have way too many dining plans for such a short trip but that's my opinion. As a first time I would want to see the parks more.

This would be my plan:

Day 1: Arrival Day, Disney Springs Mid-day, Dinner at the Boathouse.

Day 2: Rope Drop Magic Kingdom, Breakfast in the room, Lunch at Steakhouse 71 as your break (you can also do shows from 1-4 and use that as rest), QS dinner at MK, MK till Park Close.

Day 3: Rope Drop Hollywood Studios, Breakfast in the room, Lunch at Hollywood Brown Derby, Dinner at Backlot/Oga’s Cantina, DHS till Park Close.

Day 4: Sleep in, Port Orleans for beignet breakfast (although I would skip this entirely. They aren't that good) Arrive at Epcot by noon, dinner ADR as a break, Epcot till Park Close.

Day 5: Departure Day, Rope Drop Animal Kingdom, Lunch at Satuli, Leave for Airport.

One of my friends loves beignets. I told her they have them, she wants to go.
Yeah, but they aren't that good, especially if she is expecting New Orleans quality beignets.

I think it's overwhelming. I would hit a wall after day 2; I'd be exhausted and need a break. Also... I don't know your style, but have you considered that maybe people will want to go out for a drink or two in the evening? That's going to add time to the end of your day and make rope drop even more challenging.

You are a veteran Disney person and know how you like to do the parks. I would lay out my plans and say this is what I've planned, but definitely be prepared to make changes. While I understand that here you've been trying to explain your choices, it does seem like you are committed to doing the parks "your way." If you think you'll be back again for a solo trip (and you will, if you really want a solo... I had a solo planned for August and ended up taking someone with me- so I just planned my solo trip again), maybe try to do less running around to resorts and more time in-park (and use places like Hall of Presidents for down-time). Also... I see no characters here. I know you probably are over that, but maybe they'd enjoy a meal at Crystal Palace to meet Pooh and the gang, or something like that.

And really... the beignets are NOT very good. We had two bites and pitched them, but we go to NOLA annually to visit family, so maybe we are spoiled in the beignet departmant.

Stumbled upon this zombie thread. How did the trip go with the first timers?! Did they love it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter