If you make specific requests for your room, when should you do so?

BLTLDZ

Loving our DVC :)
Just curious. We usually don't make any requests, but after getting a GREAT room at BLT last year, we would like to make a request for a similiar room. I have heard conflicting info on this. Some say have MS note it on your reservation, then I have also heard that the rooms do not get assigned until the actual day, so it's best to ask when you check in :confused3 Not really sure how it works.

Note it when you make the reservation. That way the room scheduler sees the request and can do their best to meet the request. Make sure you do this or your "best" match may disappear before you check. Then bypass the online checkin process and checkin onsite. While checking in ask about your request again. The CM can tell you how closely it was met and can also do a last minute check for something better if possible. The room scheduler doesn't have access to last minute changes like the CM at checkin.

Good Luck! pixiedust:

Griz

Just curious. We usually don't make any requests, but after getting a GREAT room at BLT last year, we would like to make a request for a similiar room. I have heard conflicting info on this. Some say have MS note it on your reservation, then I have also heard that the rooms do not get assigned until the actual day, so it's best to ask when you check in :confused3 Not really sure how it works.

I agree, both. I've found BWV always preassigns rooms so it's best that they have your request in advance, plus you can ask at the desk. One time I checked in at 10:00am and didn't like they put us on the first floor. The cm was able to find a room on the 4th floor with a great view. After that, I always requested top floor, never got first again.

I agree, both. I've found BWV always preassigns rooms so it's best that they have your request in advance, plus you can ask at the desk. One time I checked in at 10:00am and didn't like they put us on the first floor. The cm was able to find a room on the 4th floor with a great view. After that, I always requested top floor, never got first again.

Concur.... I add the request as soon as known to the notes when I call in to make the reservation. Then when I check in as well to see if the request(s) are available. :thumbsup2

I used online check in at AKL and just followed their template. I got upgraded from standard view to savannah view and my room was ready when I got here this am.!

I used online check in at AKL and just followed their template. I got upgraded from standard view to savannah view and my room was ready when I got here this am.!

Glad you're enjoying your room!

FYI - DVC almost never gives free upgrades. If you asked at check in then you should double check your points and see if you were charged. More than one person has reported that happening.

However at AKV there are several rooms that were savannah view that have been reclassified as standard. Some CM's will tell you that you must have received an upgrade although DVC had announced this classification change prior to it happening. Those rooms that changed did not have the best savannah views. At Jambo they are back in the corners of the wings or above the "people" pens and at Kidani they are by the fence line of the Pembe savannah next to the pool.

We did online checkin at akv and got upgraded from a 2 bed to a gv. We were only there 1 night

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter