If you could design your own disney resort hotel

I posted in a thread like this some time ago... A moderate resort near DHS called "Disney's Hollywood Hills Resort," with the buildings themed after the glamorous movie star mansions of the 1920s-30s.

I always wanted to stay at the Persian Resort which was included in the master plan for WDW. It was to be located north of the Contemporary Resort.

My daughter had a creative idea! (have not read all responses so it may duplicate someone's similar idea) but she suggests a Tangled Tower!!! With limited space, they could build UP and have it look like a stone tower on the outside...the slide at the pool could of course be her hair :) Many fun things for that one! :)

My daughter had a creative idea! (have not read all responses so it may duplicate someone's similar idea) but she suggests a Tangled Tower!!! With limited space, they could build UP and have it look like a stone tower on the outside...the slide at the pool could of course be her hair :) Many fun things for that one! :)

it could work!! any resort featuring a princess would be a success. just look at the popularity of the LITTLE MERMAID rooms. it's hard to find discounts on them already!!popcorn::

I'd like a resort based on Venice! With canals, bridges, etc.

Don't know the exact details but Disney actually intended on building the Venetian Resort in the 70's. Not sure why it never happened. I agree it would be cool though.

I didn't stay there but I walked through the Venetian in Vegas and it was incredible. The inside of the hotel was themed like you were outside with cobblestone walkways, shops, and restaurants. You could even take rides on gondalas in a stream along those streets.

Something in tune with World Showcase, each building would be themed after one of the WS countries.. The food court would be international..

I love this idea!!:worship:

I always wanted to stay at the Persian Resort which was included in the master plan for WDW. It was to be located north of the Contemporary Resort.

Don't know the exact details but Disney actually intended on building the Venetian Resort in the 70's. Not sure why it never happened. I agree it would be cool though.

I didn't stay there but I walked through the Venetian in Vegas and it was incredible. The inside of the hotel was themed like you were outside with cobblestone walkways, shops, and restaurants. You could even take rides on gondalas in a stream along those streets.

I just looked both of these up, along with the Asian and Mediterranean Resorts, they all sound perfect for someone like me!!

As for the Venetian in Vegas, it is gorgeous!!

With Disney the sky should've the limit! Wdw needs a reorst that isn't just pretty or cool but something people from around the world would talk a.bout! They have Marvel now so have a super hero city, or a princess castle and town or a star wars world ! They don't need another Saratoga springs you can find a resort like that anywhere!

I would take an existing theme and upgrade the amenities!! Think current value resorts meet Disney deluxe resorts
I would love to see a deluxe hotel that is larger than life icons (like Pop, ASMo and AOA) with multiple themed pools with slides, hot tubs and maybe even a beach. Rooms in this hotel would have queen beds and plusher linens, separate bathrooms with two sinks, an option for a balcony. Table service restaurant as well as a CS restaurant maybe on the monorail or at very least boat transportation.

The one thing that keeps me from wanting to go to a mod or deluxe is because our family loves the whole fun theme. We do not think the mods and deluxe scream Disney. I have often wished for a hotel like I mentioned above. It stinks that to get more deluxe amenities you have to loose the over the top kid fun themes!!

I really like this idea....I love the "in your face" Disney feel of the Value resorts and would love to see that for a Deluxe Resort.

Not so much about the theming, but the actual design of the rooms. I've always been disappointed that Disney didn't do something better than "2 beds in a room" for their room design. Family suites are nice, but they cost more than 2 rooms and they're in value resorts so no pool slides. Besides the expense (yes, even on points) the DVC 1 bedrooms "spend" so much of their space on the kitchen and bath areas, but don't have such great sleeping options for the kids.

I would love to see "room and a half" type rooms in a Moderate level resort. Similar to what Great Wolf lodge and Nickelodeon have done where the kids get their own semi-private space with bunk beds and their own tv and the adults get a queen or king sized bed in a space of their own.

I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents... I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

Kind of like an extension of the attraction of DHS. I think sometime we overlook how much Walt did during his career. Like a museum to him.

GREAT idea!!!

I have always been stuck on a name. You can't call it Disney resort, because, well you know, that is the whole darn place..

How about "Walt's House"?

Not so much about the theming, but the actual design of the rooms. I've always been disappointed that Disney didn't do something better than "2 beds in a room" for their room design. Family suites are nice, but they cost more than 2 rooms and they're in value resorts so no pool slides. Besides the expense (yes, even on points) the DVC 1 bedrooms "spend" so much of their space on the kitchen and bath areas, but don't have such great sleeping options for the kids.

I would love to see "room and a half" type rooms in a Moderate level resort. Similar to what Great Wolf lodge and Nickelodeon have done where the kids get their own semi-private space with bunk beds and their own tv and the adults get a queen or king sized bed in a space of their own.

Yes we love the wolf lodge room lay out as well!!!

Hopefully The Disney design team reads some of these and will use our collective Genius to design their next resort!!!!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter