If you could design your own disney resort hotel

hardrock01

Mouseketeer
What would you like to see as a disney themed resort/hotel. I think a Star Wars themed hotel near the monorail would be cool.Make it very futuristic and have a restaurant at the hotel that was like the bar scene in the first Star Wars movie! Maybe even a hotel like Jabba's palace would be cool!

see what everyone thinks!! you all are very creative!!popcorn::

Being an architect, I have always been intrigued by this question myself.

I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents. It would focus on his love of trains, by being accessed by train and have a train theme. One of the guys in our office takes his grandkids to Lancaster, PA to stay at a hotel which you stay in a train car. I would design it similar to that.

I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

Kind of like an extension of the attraction of DHS. I think sometime we overlook how much Walt did during his career. Like a museum to him.

My favorite holiday is Halloween, and I love The Tower of Terror and The Haunted Mansion, and I always thought it would be cool to have a haunted looking type of resort. Little kids might not love it.... but I would. LOL

Being an architect, I have always been intrigued by this question myself.

I would like to see a resort that celebrates Walt's life and talents. It would focus on his love of trains, by being accessed by train and have a train theme. One of the guys in our office takes his grandkids to Lancaster, PA to stay at a hotel which you stay in a train car. I would design it similar to that.

I would like it to celebrate things that he developed like the Mouseketeers and the Wonderful World of Disney, his wildlife documentaries, etc.

Kind of like an extension of the attraction of DHS. I think sometime we overlook how much Walt did during his career. Like a museum to him.

That's a cool idea! I never thought of that, but it makes sense! Hopefully, some Imagineer overhears your idea and makes it happen ;)

I would take an existing theme and upgrade the amenities!! Think current value resorts meet Disney deluxe resorts
I would love to see a deluxe hotel that is larger than life icons (like Pop, ASMo and AOA) with multiple themed pools with slides, hot tubs and maybe even a beach. Rooms in this hotel would have queen beds and plusher linens, separate bathrooms with two sinks, an option for a balcony. Table service restaurant as well as a CS restaurant maybe on the monorail or at very least boat transportation.

The one thing that keeps me from wanting to go to a mod or deluxe is because our family loves the whole fun theme. We do not think the mods and deluxe scream Disney. I have often wished for a hotel like I mentioned above. It stinks that to get more deluxe amenities you have to loose the over the top kid fun themes!!

Two words that turn into one word: Steam Punk.

Urban victorian style, lots of pipes, lots of gears, copper and brass galore, maybe a few Tesla coils for fun.

All the pipes and tubes make theming the pool easy.

sjc011 said:
That's a cool idea! I never thought of that, but it makes sense! Hopefully, some Imagineer overhears your idea and makes it happen ;)

I have always been stuck on a name. You can't call it Disney resort, because, well you know, that is the whole darn place.

I would make a Peter Pan/Neverland themed hotel.
You could target both boys and girls. I would mix up pirates and faires.
I envision a property like POR. an island with a pirate boat docked ( here would be themed dining, with planks etc. ) and surrounded by foliage ( fairyland. ).

I simple, uncomplicated idea!

Check-in I would make London themed.. You check-in as an adult and your KTTW is your ticket to Neverland!

My favorite holiday is Halloween, and I love The Tower of Terror and The Haunted Mansion, and I always thought it would be cool to have a haunted looking type of resort. Little kids might not love it.... but I would. LOL

I always thought it would be cool to have a Hollywood Tower Hotel on property, near DHS. Maybe it could be themed pre-lightning strike so that it wouldn't be quite as scary.

Snow Lodge

It would be similar to the wilderness lodge but you would have manmade snow there and makeing it come down at certain times throughout the day/evening.

Not everyone can make it during Christmas holiday.. so a Christmas all year round theme would be nice.. Beauty and the Beast characters would be there in their Christmas outfit and the rest of the gang from the Beauty and the Beast movie. The whole entire resort and restaurants would be decked out with Christmas decorations.

Not everyone can make it during Christmas holiday.. so a Christmas all year round theme would be nice.. Beauty and the Beast characters would be there in their Christmas outfit and the rest of the gang from the Beauty and the Beast movie. The whole entire resort and restaurants would be decked out with Christmas decorations.

That would be kind of cool! Though it'd be a little strange to be in the midst of Christmas in July it would be nice to get a chance to see a part of the World all done up for the holidays!

How about a resort themed like the castle in magic kingdom . Each building would be like a castle.

I always thought it would be cool to have a Hollywood Tower Hotel on property, near DHS. Maybe it could be themed pre-lightning strike so that it wouldn't be quite as scary.

I would be one of the first guests at a resort like that! Where could a resort like that go? It would make sense for it to be very close to HS, within walking distance or boat transportation--but I don't this there is space left in the whole Boardwalk/BC/Swalphin area. Plus, you wouldn't want a tall structure to detract from the TOT ride at HS...

A resort themed on Disney's "pets"--Pluto, Dalmatians, Lady and the Tramp, Stitch, etc.--that accepts dogs.

Also someone once wanted a 20000 leagues resort ! With rooms partially underwater and a restaurant under water too!

Something in tune with World Showcase, each building would be themed after one of the WS countries.. The food court would be international..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter