If you could ask Yavn one question what would it be??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, Yavn, and Welcome to the DIS! :wave: Thanks for taking the time to answer some of our questions.

Will the person who comes in first in fireworks ever get more credits than the people who come in behind them and hit the 240,000? I always wondered why the person who comes in first doesn't get the top prize.

Who is most lava of them all???? (I think we all know the answer but it would probably be a good idea to get it answered officially once and for all)

OK :) I love the sorting that was done, I wonder if you could think about the future taking it one step further. How about a little number showing how many of the item there are rather than having pages and pages of inventory. And another suggestion :) when you add a magic pin during trade, how about it saying 2 stars or whatever.

Oh, and welcome to the DIS :)

SurfingGirl said:
Will we be able to ride any rides in VMK ?

Hope Yavn comes to the Dis!

Good question...We opted for allowing guests to make rides instead of having the VMK Team create them. If this is something people are interested we can revisit this.

Yavn

AdioSkater said:
Hello yavn!

Any news on the new quests at DLR and WDW?

New Pirates In-Park quest (DLR & WDW) very soon...I'd saw a week or two at the most.

Yavn

HI! pirate:
Is there a limit to how many furnishings we can hold as well as any other items, like clothes.
I wish there was NOT a limit to pin holding.

birdman94 said:
when will we have tron costumes and when will flying carpet and pirate detector and ticmp magic come out

I've been waiting for the carpet question!

No date set yet for carpet...I know that's not a good answer but it's the truth. As for Tron, perhaps late summer...The real question is should we do more Tron stuff?

Yavn

AmberDaze said:
How about a feature where we can "lock" our rooms and allow no one to come in...unless we allow them? I know this would be a great help during competitions like the current slide competition. :)

Right now you have to use the "Friends Only" feature to lock your room. We have a plan for something cooler but it's still in concept for now.

Yavn

Yavn said:
Good question...We opted for allowing guests to make rides instead of having the VMK Team create them. If this is something people are interested we can revisit this.

Yavn
i would be very interested in virtual rides created by vmk , since they do a great job with their public guest rooms.. and may i say, Yavn that new pirate treasure public room rocks my socks!

Yavn said:
Right now you have to use the "Friends Only" feature to lock your room. We have a plan for something cooler but it's still in concept for now.

Yavn
A virtual Bouncer? :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao: :rotfl2: :lmao:

Question Was Posted And Answered Above When I Was Typing It.. lol

dippydawg said:
How do you pronounce your name?

Does it rhyme with haven, as in "safe haven", or is it more like haven't without the "t"? Or is it pronounced like "Yawn".

Is it an acronym for something, like "Yet Another Virtual Name"?

Sorry, that's more than one question.

P.S.

Welcome to the DIS, and thanks for creating VMK. It's a great outlet for those of us that don't get to the parks too often.

It's like Yah-Vin

The short version of the story is that it's from that Star Wars planet Yavin. I had a poster from Star Tours and liked the name. Back in early Nintendo days you could only use 4 letters for a character name so I dropped the "i"

Yavn

Yavn said:
I've been waiting for the carpet question!

No date set yet for carpet...I know that's not a good answer but it's the truth. As for Tron, perhaps late summer...The real question is should we do more Tron stuff?

Yavn

Still having bugs with the carpet? Or should I say moths?

Yavn said:
The real question is should we do more Tron stuff?

Yavn

Since you asked... :thumbsup2

LightCycle magic would be awesome, or maybe even a game in VMK similar to the light cycle portion of the old video game.

dippydawg said:
Since you asked... :thumbsup2

LightCycle magic would be awesome, or maybe even a game in VMK similar to the light cycle portion of the old video game.
yea just make it very very different from the light cycle game in Kingdom Hearts 2, that was so annoying!! but yea i think tron rocks and i can't wait for the new suit
EDIT: yea i would love more tron stuff.. they would look great in the space mountain room or even a new room would be cool

OK, here's a good one. :) How about making it easier for us to buy multiple items in the stores? Right now if you know you are going to need many of one item, you have to buy them one at a time. Very, very time consuming. It would be great if we could either put in the number of items we wish to buy, or buy in multiples of 10, 20, etc...

And thank you so much for taking the time to visit and answer our many questions! :thumbsup2

:goodvibes

Something I have been wondering is when are the Seagull Lights going to be released and if you can say.. How will they be released?

Also: What are the flags that we saw in the HOST_ room going to be used for? We know they are staff only but can you say what their purpose is?

HAHA so much for the creator story we have all heard huh? :)

ooo ooo I got a couple more.

Green car quest. will the restrictions ever be relaxed as in the fireworks score?

will green flips ever be buyable or obtainable in any way other than trading 15 infernos for them?

What will happen to our quest cards that expire on sept 30th. Do the codes still work after that?

how about badges? are they pretty much done with what we have (day 1, cl , vip, born in park)

Jack sparrow costume, we got bits & pieces about how it would teach us patience (LOL they dont know us DIS'ers!) but could you elaborate? will the odds of winning it ever improve?

May I ask a question about the dissemination of information to VMK Central CM or do I have to keep the question to in game only?

Welcome to the Dis, Yavn!! Thanks for taking some time to answer the myriad questions we all seem to have.

I would like to know what the plan is for dealing with the very very short connection times. Way back when the avg players on the game was 1,000 or so, it was nice to be on for an hour before getting the boot. Now with an avg of 3,500+ it seems like 20 minutes is lucky. It makes trying to get into a host game very difficult.

I would like to also comment that adding the ability to adjust the queues is great. In the last slide-a-thon, there was a noticable difference in the day with the 50 person queue as opposed to the 75 person queue. Kudos on that. Also *HUGE* kudos on organizing our inventories! Now we just need closets :) After all, we girls need to keep our dresses pressed and our shoes(never too many shoes!!) orderly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter