If I have a booked "regular" reservation...

NJ2Boardwalk

DIS Veteran
If I already have a booked reservation paying regular cash, but then become a DVC member - can I transfer this reservation to my membership and use my points??

If I already have a booked reservation paying regular cash, but then become a DVC member - can I transfer this reservation to my membership and use my points??

No. But you CAN check for availability and then book a reservation with your points after you go to settlement and are in the system. Cash reservations and point reservations come from separate inventories and there are many threads explaining this in great detail.

They used to give guests an incentive to do this if they bought on vacation. My understanding is that it is no longer an option.

I had a cash ressie booked at the Contemporary in August. But decided to add on at BLT. They are offering a cruise but that didn't work for me so I asked for the developer points that can be used at SSR. I cancelled my ressie at the Contemporary and booked one there.

I used the money that I was going to pay to the Contemporary as m down payment on my BLT points. While I love the Contemporary, I know from now on I will be at BLT so I can deal with one vacation at SSR!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter