If DL's reopening is for CA residents only at first...

As a Canadian this makes sense. I was windering if they would ever open back up!!! It’s called “steps” and we all need to show a little patience. I have tickets for my family sitting in our safes. They expire in December and as a teacher from Canada I probably won’t get to use them till after so will end up paying extra. Do I like it? No. But there’s bigger things in life at the moment and we’ll survive (I hope!) and when we finally make it back it’s going to be the most epic trip ever!!!

Requiring physical ID could be seen as disenfranchising folks without physical IDs..
Are there adults without physical IDs? California issues Identification cards for those without Driver's Licenses for this very reason.

I ended up turning it on while I was doing other things. I feel so manipulated.

If I end every sentence with "right?" does that mean I really am right?

Are there adults without physical IDs? California issues Identification cards for those without Driver's Licenses for this very reason.

I don't think so, and I don't mean to get political but the best way to see why people use the term "disenfranchised" when they talk about adults and IDs, just Google Voter ID Laws.

As someone above mentioned, Disneyland has forever used ID to establish residency when selling SoCal tickets and Annual Passes, I don't expect things to be different for this.

I don't think so, and I don't mean to get political but the best way to see why people use the term "disenfranchised" when they talk about adults and IDs, just Google Voter ID Laws.

As someone above mentioned, Disneyland has forever used ID to establish residency when selling SoCal tickets and Annual Passes, I don't expect things to be different for this.
I think even mentioning ID to vote is odd given this is about amusement park admission. But face it, you can't fly, open a bank account, get a job, enroll in school or get a covid-19 vaccination without ID.

I think even mentioning ID to vote is odd given this is about amusement park admission. But face it, you can't fly, open a bank account, get a job, enroll in school or get a covid-19 vaccination without ID.

Totally agree. I was mostly responding to another poster who had mentioned that the requirement for ID was disenfranchising.

I have to say that I'm surprised there's no third party health service that's sprung up to verify vaccinations. It's relatively easy to use backend APIs into Health information exchanges for vaccinations. It's one of the few things that is readily shared through multiple entities - Pharmacies, VA, Health systems.

Allow a third party this specific information to share and release - verify a QR code for vendors like DLR to say, okay - your risk is lower - come on in - welcome home!

This is, of course, that our vaccines work in reducing spread and with the variants. A lot more to come these coming months, but data from our vaccinated HCWs is very encouraging in slowing asymptomatic cases and hence spread from there.

Regarding IDs - my daughter for whatever reason doesn't have a California ID. She's only ever lived in California. She uses her passport card and a utility bill for proof of residence and she has done that at Disneyland in the past. So, they will take a passport and a utility bill as proof of residence.

Regarding IDs - my daughter for whatever reason doesn't have a California ID. She's only ever lived in California. She uses her passport card and a utility bill for proof of residence and she has done that at Disneyland in the past. So, they will take a passport and a utility bill as proof of residence.

Yes, a passport is a legal ID.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I have reservations for the first week in August. I'm crossing my fingers out of state residents can visit by then.

You can still spread the virus to others. You just won't get sick or as sick since you have had the vaccine. But you can still be a carrier.

Growing evidence (particularly Israeli studies) show this isn't necessarily the case - I think especially with a mask requirement, this could be a legitimate consideration. We were fully vaccinated as of mid-February and I'm ready to show my card!

Growing evidence (particularly Israeli studies) show this isn't necessarily the case - I think especially with a mask requirement, this could be a legitimate consideration. We were fully vaccinated as of mid-February and I'm ready to show my card!
Congrats on your vaccinations. We are now over two months into trying to vaccinate the first tier, and that tier isn't done yet. They just don't have the vaccine supply yet to give all those people their shots. The imbalance in vaccine availability across the nation is amazing. The first tier was supposed to include anyone over age 65, but one group (Kaiser) imposed a limit of 75 and older because they don't have enough vaccine. That changed last week, and they expanded it to 65 and up. Another medical group started cancelling appointments for first vaccines because promised vaccine did not arrive and they were 90,000 doses short. Last week they got 60,000 addition doses, and today an additional 30,000 doses so they can finally start vaccinating people who were supposed to have been vaccinated in December.

Will the start limiting the people going to DTD to only local? I know many people who are not from CA who have gone up for the weekend. DTD and DL people will mingle making Local only thing pointless if something is not done about DTD.

Also since they are having everyone buy tickets online only... I would assume that the card and bank has to be form CA as well as the addy. I doubt they would check at the turnstile ID's everyday... that would take WAY to long especially if they try to do some kind of half day thing. and all the paper and touching... they want it as quick and touches as possible. I keep thinking that is how the brackets from DW will come here. Kids also early have id's and are not vaccinated.. so they could be coming from anywhere...

Just thoughts when I am laying in bed and NOT sleeping like the rest of the world.... sigh.

But hey.. closer everyday to getting a chimichanga!.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter