Iconic Kermit the Frog Balloon is on it's way out!

I thought I read that the Disney Springs balloon ride was going to be down for an extended time for refurb. Maybe they will add the Kermit balloon to the outside.
Sadly that would not fit the theme of Disney Springs.

I thought I read that the Disney Springs balloon ride was going to be down for an extended time for refurb. Maybe they will add the Kermit balloon to the outside.
Sadly that would not fit the theme of Disney Springs.
Yes the Disney Springs characters in flight balloon is currently down for refurb for a new balloon. That balloon is a helium balloon, the Kermit balloon is not real.

a little off topic, but what exactly is/will be the DHS park icon going forward how that the hat + earful tower gone?

Correct, but it's become an icon as a decoration, just like the Mouse Ear water tower. Perhaps there is something in the works to replace it was all my post was suggesting.

I am not sure its an "icon". I had to really think about it and look at pictures to even remember it.

It's different for everyone. I know I myself found Tower of Terror much more of an icon for HS than the ear tower ever was, however that is just my personal opinion. Fans of the Muppets may look at the balloon as an icon - I know members of my family who did. It's all subjective, however not so much so that it should cause any sort of debate.

The very nature of an "Icon" is its universality, not its subjective relevance. Thus the earful tower, being a center piece of all HS advertising, would be far more worthy of the term "iconic". The muppet balloon, many people might have liked, loved, etc, but lacking universal appeal, iconic can not be properly associated with it.

You are very welcome to be sad to see it go though, and I feel your pain.

This is sad to me. Everything from the past is being thrown to the wayside to make way for Star wars. Now don't get me wrong I love Star Wars but I also love history. With the throwing aside of the earful tower, the muppets balloon and a big group of street performers, I don't know how I feel because they have thrown aside so much history to make way for new.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter