Icewine at Le Cellier?

summersalt

DIS Veteran
I was just reading a very interesting article regarding Canadian icewine. Being that the wine is made while the grapes are still frozen, it is said to be expensive. Does anyone know what the price of a glass is at LeCellier?

I was just reading a very interesting article regarding Canadian icewine. Being that the wine is made while the grapes are still frozen, it is said to be expensive. Does anyone know what the price of a glass is at LeCellier?

Can't say how much at LeCellier. But at F&WF in 2007 we got a glass the size of large thimble for about $6. I would hate to think what a full glass of it would cost.

Have you ever had it before? It is SUPER sweet. I think it taste almost like syrup. And yes, super expensive. My parents love it, I hate it.

Monica

Can't say how much at LeCellier. But at F&WF in 2007 we got a glass the size of large thimble for about $6. I would hate to think what a full glass of it would cost.

I ordered a glass the last time I was at Le Cellier. There was no prices on the menu but I wasn't worried about it too much. After I was done with the decadent Ice wine, the waitress asked: "Was it worth it?" I knew that could not be a good sign:eek: :scared:

It was 24.00 for a glass about 1/3 of the way full.

Found this in a copy of the Le Celier Menu. It may be a little out of date, but you can get the picture with the prices!

Canadian Icewine
When temperatures dip to -8 Celsius, the frozen grapes are carefully picked by hand and immediately pressed in this frozen state when the sugars are most concentrated. The Icewines complement our desserts but can be appreciated as desserts themselves.

Inniskillin Vidal Icewine Niagara Peninsula 375ml Glass - $22 Bottle - $85

Mission Hill Reserve Riesling Icewine Okanagan Valley 375ml Glass - $17 Bottle - $69

Chateau des Charmes Vidal Icewine Niagara Peninsula 375ml Glass - $17 Bottle - $69

I'd expect to pay $20+ for a small glass at a restaurant.

We don't buy it often (1-2 times a year), but we have paid $35-$60 for a 375ml bottle (1/2 size of a regular bottle of wine).

Forgot to add....

It's a thick and very sweet wine. I offer it with dessert when we have it at home parties.

I think they sell bottles in the store in Canada...they are very expensive

I personally can't stand Ice Wine...we have a lot here in the Finger Lakes too. It's just too sweet for me. But yes, this is a wine meant to sip, don't expect a regular sized glass, it's definitely a dessert drink. If you decide to order it, I hope you enjoy!!

If it's something you'd like to try and you enjoy wine, I suggest a long weekend visiting this area. I never knew ice wine was so expensive until I saw it at WDW. I tried it for $1! Granted flying up here and staying is more expensive than a glass at LeCellier, but it's a nice weekend anyway ::yes::

VERY Expensive, as other have stated, HOWEVER, the requirements for true Icewine are difficult and very time consuming. Has to be harvested before they start to thaw, so freeze during the evening and harvest during darkness (in some case's) From what I understand Canada is extremely stringent on there ice wine production which I suppose = more $$

Forgot to add....

It's a thick and very sweet wine. I offer it with dessert when we have it at home parties.

Personally, I didn't think it was that thick, but it is sweet, that's why I like it so much!

I read in a food report that someone recently had dinner at Le cellier and they now no longer sell ice wine by the glass only by the bottle, can anyone confirm if this is true?

MY DH and I love ice wine. We always have a couple of glasses while having dinner at Le Cellier. We have the Inniskillen Niagra Vidal Ice Wine - it is very very good but pricey - it's about $22.00 per glass but worth it in my opinion.

I read in a food report that someone recently had dinner at Le cellier and they now no longer sell ice wine by the glass only by the bottle, can anyone confirm if this is true?

We had dinner there in October, 2008 and December 2008 and my DH and I had ice wine by the glass. I do not know if things have changed in 2009.

We love icewine! There's a few good ones, but we think Inniskillin is the best. Naturally, it's also most expensive. :sad2: As another poster mentioned, we get it for $40 - $70 per 375 ML bottle. For us, it's a special occasion indulgence. When we do have it, we think it's worth every penny though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter