ice packs

lucky4you

Mouseketeer
I bought an insulated tote and ice pack for it. Last trip, there was wasted food (ex. yogurt) in parks because we didn't have anything to keep it cool in. They give you sooo much food on the dining plan. Well we leave in the morning and I'm just now relizing we don't have a way to keep the ice pack frozen. I read awhile back that the AOA LM rooms don't have a freezer part to the fridge. DH didn't realize (although I told him several times) that I wanted to bring the bag into the park. He thought it was just for the car trip. Even so, it won't hwlp us on the way home for drinks etc. Sure the hotel has ice. But, I don't think putting it in a ziplock will help me. We will be leaving parks for naps. Can anyone think of a solution for keeping things cool for me?

I bought an insulated tote and ice pack for it. Last trip, there was wasted food (ex. yogurt) in parks because we didn't have anything to keep it cool in. They give you sooo much food on the dining plan. Well we leave in the morning and I'm just now relizing we don't have a way to keep the ice pack frozen. I read awhile back that the AOA LM rooms don't have a freezer part to the fridge. DH didn't realize (although I told him several times) that I wanted to bring the bag into the park. He thought it was just for the car trip. Even so, it won't hwlp us on the way home for drinks etc. Sure the hotel has ice. But, I don't think putting it in a ziplock will help me. We will be leaving parks for naps. Can anyone think of a solution for keeping things cool for me?

I was going to suggest freezing water bottles. Why can't you put the ice in ziploc bags? I would think that since you are going to leave the park for naps it should keep long enough to get the food back to your hotel.

We just brought a styrofoam cooler with us and used that at the hotel (when we didn't have a fridge) and used the ice from the hotel in ziploc bags to keep our food cool in the lunch tote.

May have to try that. If nothing else, for the way home. Thanks for the suggestion. We won't be eating in the parks much anyway. And when we do, we will prob be leaving for the hotel right after. Thanks for the suggestion!

You are right, no freezer section. How about using a wide mouth water bottle filled with ice, much less leaking than a zip lock baggie and keep s about as long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter