I was told I couldn't take a picture of Donald Duck!

Didn't you know that that's how we operate here in Canada? When we are angered by someone, we simply fart on them. :)

This thing is just spinning off into looney land. :goodvibes

For cryin' out loud, the CASTLE is one of THE most-photographed icons on the planet. :3dglasses

And not that anyone asked.. but Disney very tightly controls the use of imagery from the parks for most purposes. Ever notice that the "Unofficial Guide" book includes NO images from the parks?

There's a reason. If you want to use Disney trademarked, copyrighted and owned icons (like the Castle) for your guidebooks etc.. They get to have some degree of say.. in what you SAY. And if you want to publish pictures of any of the Disney parks for any reason, they want you to use their professional pictures ... and give them the (C) credit.

It's fairly complicated... but it does in fact work this way for anything published.

Knox

I love this DIS family... I think the DIS is Italian or Greek.. Obsessed with food, mess with every part of each others lives, talk every day, fight out of "LOVE" Laugh harder than we fight....YEAH I'd say Italian or Greek!!!!

I love this DIS family... I think the DIS is Italian or Greek.. Obsessed with food, mess with every part of each others lives, talk every day, fight out of "LOVE" Laugh harder than we fight....YEAH I'd say Italian or Greek!!!!

......GREEK... Everything comes from Greek!

NiaVardolos-MConstantine.jpg

This thread has been so funny that I forced my boyfriend to let me read him the highlights during dinner last night. The post with the Bhurkas picture made us both laugh so hard the cats ran out of the room, but we agreed (cats included) that Robo has ALL the best lines.

(The one downside is that now DBF is really concerned that some stranger with a camera is going to run up to him and start snapping pictures of his dog. I told him not to worry; I'd go out this weekend and get the dog a pair of sunglasses and a hat.)

Because most good things must come to an end, I wanted to put my stamp on this post before it is too late! Although I haven't been hanging out here long, I predict that this one's going to be remembered until all of the random Canadian foster vampire children being photographed without permission are old enough to protest their own children being photographed.

Cheryl

On our last trip while waiting in line in Toontown to see the Princesses, my daughter and a girl behind her started playing in line. Her mother was the only one with her and just seemed really bothered by this and ill tempered in general. Hubby had been taking pics of our kiddo in line to pass the time and snapped a pic of the two together--without bothering to ask the mom if it was OK first.:eek: She didn't say anything to him but gave him a look that would have melted ice. I, however, was upset with him--putting myself in her shoes, I would have been really mad too if some random stranger was taking pics of my child. (It wasn't as if the child was in the background somewhere of a pic, it was a picture taken OF this child purposely.) I was really upset at his momentary lack of common sense and embarassed. I looked at the pic as he showed me and reached up to hit the delete button making sure the mom saw and knew I was doing it. He got really mad (tired and suffering from the occasional don't-tell-me-what-to-do blues) took the camera and walked out of line. (his loss) I apologized to the mother who was furious and ensured her that the picture WOULD be deleted. Sure enough, when I got home, first thing I did while unpacking was load the pictures on the PC and deleted the one of the mystery child. All the while laying into my hubby (now that we were back in the privacy of our home) for taking it--I think I might have scarred him a bit...he may NEVER take another pic in WDW again.
IMO, blatant pics of someone else's child just shouldn't be taken. Of course you are going to get the random person in your photos, that's one thing, but to outright take a full on pic of someone else's kid....not right.:sad2:

:scared1: :scared1: :scared1:
I'd never do that to DH. He'd probably become XDH.

Speaking as a husband, it's only fair to mention that there have been many times when I have 'admitted' to being wrong simply to avoid dragging a really dumb argument out.

:laughing: You are a wise, wise man!

...There was a Canadian guy (not THE Canadian guy) who was so pissed off at American smokers at WDW that he threatened - and he was dead serious, this was not a joke - to come down here and fart on us. He went into his GI problems and why his farts were so bad and how he normally wouldn't be so rude as to fart on people, but he was going to do it...

OMG, I remember that! Just when you thought you were done being shocked by anything posted on the DIS...BAM!

You people are ALL nuts. But you're also very entertaining and there's a real sense of community on DISboards, even when you fight.

As tempting as it has been for the mods... to shutter this or shuttle it to another board.. I think we're all just too taken with seeing just where this will end..

I gotta say.. where IS the tag fairy when we need her.

And yes.. "All Time Stupidest 23 Page Thread"

- Hands DOWN!

KNOX

There have been alot more innocent threads poofed recently. Don't understand this logic....

(BTW, I could care less if this thread stays open or not but consistency would be nice. It's hard to know what is taboo and what's not)

There have been alot more innocent threads poofed recently. Don't understand this logic....

(BTW, I could care less if this thread stays open or not but consistency would be nice. It's hard to know what is taboo and what's not)
I'm not a mod in these forums, but I think it comes down to whether or not the battles are respectful. It is totally cool to comment on someone's post, but you cannot flame and insult them. This thread has walked the line in that area, but I don't think that it has wandered too far over the line. While it is certainly true that the individuals being disagreed with might feel that they have been attacked, this 'attack' has, for the most part, stuck to the specifics of the post (or posts) in question.

I'm not a mod in these forums, but I think it comes down to whether or not the battles are respectful. It is totally cool to comment on someone's post, but you cannot flame and insult them. This thread has walked the line in that area, but I don't think that it has wandered too far over the line. While it is certainly true that the individuals being disagreed with might feel that they have been attacked, this 'attack' has, for the most part, stuck to the specifics of the post (or posts) in question.

people here have competely insulted a poster. (not that I agree with anything she's stated). Vampire children go a little far (although I understand again, it was making fun of the poster in question...not the child).
I never know if anything I say will be what someone else calls crossing the line because the line seems jagged.

ANyway, back to your regularily scheduled thread.

......GREEK... Everything comes from Greek!

NiaVardolos-MConstantine.jpg

"Give me a word, any word, and I show you that the root of that word is Greek. "

:rotfl:

I'm Greek, so I'm going to have to agree with us being Greek :p

people here have competely insulted a poster. (not that I agree with anything she's stated). Vampire children go a little far (although I understand again, it was making fun of the poster in question...not the child).
I never know if anything I say will be what someone else calls crossing the line because the line seems jagged.

ANyway, back to your regularily scheduled thread.
First, the poster was never called a vampire. Therefore, it was never an insult directed at her. In fact, if you go back and read the vampire-related posts you will find that 'vampire' was initially added to the thread as an answer to the question 'why would you not be able to photograph children?' It was not attributed to any specific children until after she blew a gasket. I'm not even sure that it was ever actually attributed to the specific foster children that she referred to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter