I want to cancel my landline (but keep my number) to save money

I ported my AT&T landline to a prepaid cell number and then on to google voice. It cost $20 to port to the prepaid and then another $20 to port to Google Voice but has been free for the last 4 years.

Google Voice is great because you can receive texts to the number, calls, and voicemail. And it is free.

I do not have the number forwarded to anywhere and just manage the calls through emails I receive. If needed I can easily flip a switch and all calls get forwarded to one or both or our cell phones.

My wife has had the same number since she was 5. It was worth $40 to her to keep it.

I ported my old home phone number to a cell about 6 or so years ago.... people are always astounded they can text to my 'old school' local phone number..... I've had the same number for 30 years now and I like it!

My parents just did this. They got ObiTalk. Then they ported their home phone to a cell phone (they used my dad's phone since he was due to upgrade to something else), then ported the number to Google Voice. Obitalk works with Google Voice.

This way they still use their phone the way they are used to, with the hand sets and answering machines. And when they are away they can login to Google voice to see call logs.

Kept our number and switched it to OOMA, also have the premium so it works out to be a bout $15 a month. No problems ever, was easy and I use it to fax items as well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter