I want the 180 dining window back :(

I’m with you on the dining - maybe they could do something where it’s tied to your reservation, so if you make your reservations 180 days out you could also book dining at that time (like a one time chance code good for 24 hours) otherwise it’s 90 or 60 days. Or give people staying in a resort first crack at reservations for their own resort. I know Disney IT could never. I do wonder if they go up in capacity if reservations will be better at 60 days out.

Got lucky this morning ! Got everything we wanted (Incl BoG, Sci-Fi, B & C) --- Thought I read on a few sites that the system was up by 5:45AM (est) ?? Didnt load for me until 6AM on the dot--- Worked backwards from our +10--- by the time I got to our 2nd day, Via Napoli only had one time slot available 3:15PM, so jumped on it -

I was logged in at 5:30 am. I did read about 5:45 am (it’s on the Disney website as a response to a question - Disney blog?), but dining (grayed out) didn’t open until 6 am. This was for a June trip.

I think dining capacity has increased along with reduced social distancing, opening up more tables. I’m glad you got everything you wanted.

Me too! It is a big part of our planning and helps us keep the excitement alive. Spreadsheets with plans and back up plans :)

I'm OK with 60 days, but I'm guessing it is a "hard 60" every day, unlike the old 180+10 for onsite guests, right? The +10 would be a good start in my opinion, so I don't have to go online to book every single day.

I just made our 60 day reservations and found it a little more hectic than normal. On at 6:00 EST exactly and 2-3 times I looked at availability, checked my list, then turned back to confirm and it was taken by someone else. Was still able to get what I wanted, just a little shuffling. I think at 180 days, you still have a few people that haven't booked their trips yet, so there's not quite as much competition.

What I did like is I have a fair idea of what our trip is going to look like now. No more shifting flights for a better deal or stuff like that, we're locked in. Also, I think I was a little more realistic about what I think we can do than usual. 180 days out I feel like we can be park commandos and still make 2 ADRs a day lol. Now I'm thinking, nah, we'll grab something at the pool that day. Maybe I've missed posts about it, but I haven't heard many people talking about booking and tying up multiple reservations and holding them until they decide. 60 days feels like you need to have your mind made up. I told my husband I hadn't felt that booking rush in a while and it was kind of fun/stressful/familiar lol.

I don’t think changing it back to 180 will do much until they open all the restaurants and increase capacity in them. It’s hard to get a reservation now, not because of the 60 day window, but because there are so few reservations to go around.

In my perfect world, ADRs would be 90 days and FP+ at 60 days. I really don’t need 180 days, but would not want to do both on the same day either. I would also like to see more of an advantage for resort guests. If they went to a 90/60 for resort guests, and a 60/30 for non resort guests, it might not be so hard for resort guests to dine in their own hotel.

I agree, 180 was overkill. The park hours were barely even released at that point, which made the planning even more difficult that far out.

I agree with you....haven't had to do it yet....but I'm going over Christmas and I would have been getting into the spirit in June! Is it still 7 am (at least as of right now)?

I prefer 60 days to 180. It seems like too many people hoard multiple ADRs for several months and cancelled at the last minute with 180 days. (The ADR cancel threads made this super clear and those were only the folks kind enough to share what they were cancelling, so there were surely many more.) With 60, there's less time to hoard them. Plus, parks and party dates/times often weren't released 6-months in advance. Right now, the trickiest hurdle with getting what we wanted was limited restaurant capacity, but that is hopefully only temporary.

I was ok with the 60 days for this trip we're currently planning but if we had to make FP+ the same day I would've been
:scared:
For me, I think 90 days would be a happy medium. From a planning-excitement perspective, I love the 180 day mile marker, but realistically I have a better handle on my plans at 60 or 90 days.

I was ok with the 60 days for this trip we're currently planning but if we had to make FP+ the same day I would've been
:scared:
For me, I think 90 days would be a happy medium. From a planning-excitement perspective, I love the 180 day mile marker, but realistically I have a better handle on my plans at 60 or 90 days.

I agree, I would be happy with the 90 days. I'd rest easier knowing my dining is planned for and I don't have to worry about it closer to the trip.

Yes I totally want 180 days. With a large group, I probably won't get anything where 180 days I could get almost everything.

I would say 90 or 120 days for dining. If FP+ comes back, there's just no way they can keep them both on the same day for resort guests!

Anyone feel like there is no rhyme or reason to anything? Not only at WDW, but most places?
Sixty days for dining, but crazy to not make park reservations ASAP.

I miss the 180-day window! The park reservation system makes it much more stressful too . . . What if you can only get the reservation you want for a day you have a different park reserved, and the park you then need is booked? 😞

I miss the 180-day window! The park reservation system makes it much more stressful too . . . What if you can only get the reservation you want for a day you have a different park reserved, and the park you then need is booked? 😞
You can always get park hoppers for that situation, but I agree it adds to the complexity.

I’m also anxious about the 60 day window. We are going at Christmas and the way I am seeing reservations at places like Ohana snapped up in the current window, I’m concerned about crowds being back to normal for the holidays and a complete free for all to snag dining, fireworks cruises, or even a pool cabana (all either 60 days in advance or not happening yet but clean seems like it will).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter