I want a pedestrian bridge from GF to MK!

They could sell some more of those brick pavers for $500 a pop. It would be paid for as fast as the website would keep up.

I think if they advertise it with a slogan like "complete the walkway for Cinderella to get back to her castle" it could sell like crazy. Just like last time have different levels of brick material priced accordingly.

Glad they don’t and I own at VGF. I like that it feels across the water and disconnected from the park to a degree, you can still here the noises and laughs from the MK. Maybe that’s just me who knows.

Walking over to MK would be nice, but even nicer is the relative tranquillity which the smaller boats and the slightly less easy access to GF afford. ...Just a thought. :sail:
What tranquility? GF has how many restaurants that other people visit? The place is an attraction unto itself. Those people even enjoy the boats and the monorail ride, they don't mind it at all. You couldn't ask them to walk. It only serves to help people get back to GF faster during crowded hours. I mean, the Contemporary is within walking distance and I don't see so many people beyond the residents wanting to walk there. Or maybe they do and I'm too used to it to notice.

One issue, Electric Boat Parade
It would have to be a bridge like they have in Epcot for Illuminations floats to come/go
I'm going to guess that's what has made it not cost effective. If it didn't have to go up/down I bet it would have been built already

No way will they make it be as high as the monorail for the whole distance.
How high it is shouldn't matter. I mean, people already go up there to board the monorail. Just make a detour to get to the walking path, or something. The height is so that the boats can get through underneath. But I don't care how they do it, if there's a better way that's not so high that's even better, just do it!

Last edited:
WOULD be nice, and I think about the exact same thing every time Im at GF. HOWEVER, Im afraid a foot bridge would just inundate the resort with non-resort guests from MK who just want a lookey loo. Sure they can do the same now with the monorail, but that keeps it somewhat in check. Add a footbridge and it will look like Main Street over there.

p.png

But IF they were to add one, why go over the water? It could be done fairly inexpensively following this route.
I don't care what route, they need to figure out the best way, I just want a route!

All I can say @BabybetterDisney is that it is tough to. Want. .
No it's not. Why is it tough to want? Because I'll never get it? But it's still not tough. Tough is when people have to get back to the GF at night, wasting time waiting belong long lines while seeing that GF is actually very, very close. They could have walked it 4 times for the time they have to wait!

We heard a security supervisor at the boat dock back in March 2018 tell his employees that it was a fact that Disney was going to build a pedestrian bridge over the canal so they could have a walkway for pedestrians from GF to MK. Now all we need is a bus driver. LOL

But it would be nice if there was such a path along the water to MK. It would need to be a draw bridge because of the Electric Light Water Parade and the Liberty Belle also comes out that to go into dry dock or for repairs. Also Disney would need to add a sidewalk that follows the lake from GF. Right now the sidewalk goes out to the street.

...The place is an attraction unto itself...

Exactly! The fact that the GF is an attraction in itself (a free attraction at that) is why even easier access (with a footpath or bigger boats) ("We're not gonna need a bigger boat"!! :D) could negatively impact what tranquillity there is. Just because a place isn't that tranquil from one perspective doesn't mean it's the same from another -- and doesn't mean it couldn't get worse.

Some would like a footpath, some wouldn't. The whys and wherefores are subjective for us all.

P.S. Although, a much bigger project, let's see how the new gondolas affect the BW/YC/BC. I'm hoping the knock-on effects won't be too disruptive for their paying Guests.

Exactly! The fact that the GF is an attraction in itself (a free attraction at that) is why even easier access (with a footpath or bigger boats) ("We're not gonna need a bigger boat"!! :D) could negatively impact what tranquillity there is. Just because a place isn't that tranquil from one perspective doesn't mean it's the same from another -- and doesn't mean it couldn't get worse.

It's difficult to imagine that hordes of MK guests have been lustfully eyeing the GF but find it too daunting to take the monorail or the boat over. But give them a chance to walk a half mile or so to get there and they'll swarm over in droves. :)

I think a walking path to MK would way more benefit GF guests than inconvenience them.

It's difficult to imagine that hordes of MK guests have been lustfully eyeing the GF but find it too daunting to take the monorail or the boat over. But give them a chance to walk a half mile or so to get there and they'll swarm over in droves. :)

I think a walking path to MK would way more benefit GF guests than inconvenience them.

Nothing like a bit of exaggeration to distort a different opinion.

My view is my own; other versions are available. ;)

...Ah well, as we know, Disney will do what suits them anyway!

I just happen to like the GF as is.

I'm excited about Tron, a new nightly show at Epcot and the re-opening of River Country, though!! :D

I’ve always thought this, we would use it when at the GF and Poly to avoid waiting in lines. We always choose walking over waiting! Plus no chance of monorail delays, etc... It’s so close, yet so far away! There are obviously many ways to get around the need to get the EWP floats out, they just don’t want to spend money on a bridge that really won’t get them any revenue. It would be sooo nice, though!

Nothing like a bit of exaggeration to distort a different opinion.

My view is my own; other versions are available. ;)

...Ah well, as we know, Disney will do what suits them anyway!

I just happen to like the GF as is.

I'm excited about Tron, a new nightly show at Epcot and the re-opening of River Country, though!! :D

Whatchoo talkin' 'bout, Willis?

I mean, the Contemporary is within walking distance and I don't see so many people beyond the residents wanting to walk there. Or maybe they do and I'm too used to it to notice.
You're just not noticing. Plenty of people use the Contemporary for ridesharing connections, or before/after dining there.

We heard a security supervisor at the boat dock back in March 2018 tell his employees that it was a fact that Disney was going to build a pedestrian bridge over the canal so they could have a walkway for pedestrians from GF to MK. Now all we need is a bus driver. LOL

But it would be nice if there was such a path along the water to MK. It would need to be a draw bridge because of the Electric Light Water Parade and the Liberty Belle also comes out that to go into dry dock or for repairs. Also Disney would need to add a sidewalk that follows the lake from GF. Right now the sidewalk goes out to the street.
It's really marshy along that land. It could wind up being another gator attack area that they would need to fence off completely. Disney doesn't like guests wandering around areas where they aren't. They would need to staff the path/walkway/bridge at all times to keep guests from doing stupid stuff.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter