I wanna go to Izney World! A 1st timer's PTR May/June 2011

pause from freaking out and trying to find a new ADR to thank you :worship: Finding out now is a lot better than finding out after being charged for the meal! :eek:

You're welcome! I noticed it because we too have an ADR for RC (only in DTD). I knew that we would be paying oop for that one, and when I saw it on your list I got nervous for you! lol

Just saw that you replaced it w/ a Boma ressie - we have one there too, also on our AK day! I have read so many great Boma reviews, can't wait to try it out myself!! :goodvibes

Just saw that you replaced it w/ a Boma ressie - we have one there too, also on our AK day! I have read so many great Boma reviews, can't wait to try it out myself!! :goodvibes

I've read a lot of good things about it, and a couple we're friends with love it... the menu didn't sound that great to me, so I went with RC originally. Since I had to change it though I figured I would be adventurous :lmao: I'm usually not very picky with my food and I like to try new things, so hopefully we'll like it! I'm really looking forward to trying the zebra domes... everyone seems to love them!

Day 2- Epcot (open 9-9)
Must Dos-
Turtle Talk/The Seas*
Boat ride in Mexico
Character Spot*
Spaceship Earth
Innovations
The Land Pavillion
Soarin’ (baby swap)

Breakfast in room before we leave
Get to park a little before 9am
Get Fast Pass for Soarin’
Rides- Turtle Talk, The Seas, The Land, Mexico
Stop for lunch (any recommendations for a great CS lunch at Epcot???)
Go back to hotel after lunch for naps/swimming
Back to park
Rides- Spaceship Earth, Character Spot, ride Soarin’ (baby swap) Innovations, Mexico (if didn’t have time before or if we have time and the girls want to)
stop for characters as we see them
Dinner- 6:50pm at Biergarten in Germany
Illuminations if the girls are up to it
Head back to hotel for the night

Typing this out made me realize that I don’t really know how the baby swap works. Can we use fast passes and do a baby swap? Do we have to get passes for baby swap before we get on? Maybe my readers can enlighten me :) There are only a few rides that we really want to ride that we’re willing to wait in line with toddlers for!

on a side note, Alexis (the 2 1/2 y/o) really enjoys the smiley faces on the side of the screen in the full editor :rotfl: especially this one :laundy: and this one :scared1: .

I found this one on esty for my girls

il_570xN.229511566.jpg

It says there's only one available and I'd really like to get matching shirts for the girls, so I contacted her to see if she has more than 1. Also it's only $8, plus shipping, so not too bad!
Oh and she has them available in tshirts too, my 3 year old isn't gonna wear a onesie ;)

I might have to check out Michaels and Joann's though because I'm pretty sure her shirts are just iron ons that you can get at a craft store, so if I can find them myself I could do them really cheap!

Subbing!! I'm arriving may 30 and I have a couple days planned that same as you. I also have CRT on Tuesday and yak and yeti on Friday except mine are a little later! Bcant wait to read more!

Before our first trip, we spent a ton of time on youtube. there are tons of ride videos on there to help prepare/ excite the kids!

If you have a hobby lobby, it typically has tons more disney scrapbook materials than michaels.

i saw that you found those white tees on etsy. here are another couple of options if you have a childrens place/ order online from childrens place (there are usually coupons for them too) both these were in the toddler boy section, and there was one or two in big boys too.

starwarsforotherptrb.jpg

starwarsforotherptr.jpg

Subbing!! I'm arriving may 30 and I have a couple days planned that same as you. I also have CRT on Tuesday and yak and yeti on Friday except mine are a little later! Bcant wait to read more!
:welcome: It's nice to know I'm not just talking to myself :rotfl:

Before our first trip, we spent a ton of time on youtube. there are tons of ride videos on there to help prepare/ excite the kids!

If you have a hobby lobby, it typically has tons more disney scrapbook materials than michaels.

i saw that you found those white tees on etsy. here are another couple of options if you have a childrens place/ order online from childrens place (there are usually coupons for them too) both these were in the toddler boy section, and there was one or two in big boys too.

Thanks for the tips! I'll definitely get on youtube soon with my girls. Alexis (2.5 y/o) loves looking at pictures while I'm reading TRs (yes, I do it that often that it's something she "loves" :lmao: ), but I hadn't thought about youtube!
We live in a kinda small town, so the closet Hobby Lobby is 30 minutes away... I'll keep that in mind though, next time I go that direction!
I went ahead and bought those white ones. TCP shirts are cute though!

Day 3- MK #2 Extra Magic Hours 8-9am 9-10pm

This is the 2nd day at MK, so a lot less structured. Mainly just doing things we haven't done yet or anything that the girls really loved the 1st time :cloud9:

Must dos-
Main Street Bakery*
Dumbo*
Monster’s Laugh Floor*

-Small snack in room before leaving (our girls expect to eat as soon as they wake up)
-Rope drop! (I'd love to do this, but if the girls aren't awake in time we might not make it. The only rope drop we absolutely HAVE to make is DHS on Saturday for Star Wars Weekend! :darth:
-Straight to Dumbo
-Main Street Bakery for a cinnamon roll (*drool*)
-Monsters Laugh Floor
-Monorail to Contemporary for 11am ADR at Chef Mickey’s
-back to hotel for naps/swimming
-Anything the girls really liked, ride again or anything we didn’t get around to
-boat to Whispering Canyon Café ADR 5pm
-Campfire singalong with Chip and Dale 7pm (maybe 8pm?) Everything I’ve read says it changes to 8pm some time in April, but I called and asked and the CM looked it up and told me 7pm…. We’ll see. If it doesn’t start till 8, we’ll probably just skip it and go back to the park for a few more rides before calling it a night

That zebra bag is cute!

My DH is a big Star Wars fan, too, as are the kids now, so we are looking forward to Star Wars Weekends! Can't wait to ride Star Tours again, either....I'm just preparing myself now for the line...

Those Toy Story stickers are cute, too!

Can't wait to ride Star Tours again, either....I'm just preparing myself now for the line...

Oh man, I know... I might end up not riding it and just let DH ride it while I do something else with the girls. I know they have the rider swap, but to wait in line with 2 toddlers for a ride they can't ride seems like torture for all of us :headache:

Hey subbing! We are not going until December, but we have the DDP also so I wanted to see how you planned your days because I keep getting told we are going to be doing more eating than rides, but we are really only making ADR's for b-fast and dinner, lunch will be whatever we feel like and don't have to wait in line for. Any food credits leftover (we are driving too) we figure that we will just cash in at Earl in DTD-without the condiments on it so it doesn't get soggy. We are also staying in all star movies! I am excited and good luck! By the way, is Chef Mickey's on the dining plan? The internet doesn't state that, we would like to do it so do you have to call to get it on the dining plan?

Just found your PTR and I am loving it. popcorn::Your DD's are super cute.:love:

We are going at about the same time as you guys but unfortunatly don't seem to be going to the same parks on the same day.:sad1: Oh, well. I'll have to use my Brain waves to give you a mental hello while we are there.:lmao:

If you do make it down to Hobby Lobby for the t-shirt stuff, take a look at there scrapbooking section. They have alot of great stickers (and other scrapbooking stuff) in both Walt Disney World (Princesses, Mickey, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh. . .) and Star Wars.:goodvibes

Hey subbing! We are not going until December, but we have the DDP also so I wanted to see how you planned your days because I keep getting told we are going to be doing more eating than rides, but we are really only making ADR's for b-fast and dinner, lunch will be whatever we feel like and don't have to wait in line for. Any food credits leftover (we are driving too) we figure that we will just cash in at Earl in DTD-without the condiments on it so it doesn't get soggy. We are also staying in all star movies! I am excited and good luck! By the way, is Chef Mickey's on the dining plan? The internet doesn't state that, we would like to do it so do you have to call to get it on the dining plan?

I'm pretty sure you can book it online with the dining plan, I know I did :) For some reason it doesn't list the dining plan on the main Chef Mickey's page, but if you go to make a reservation and then click on the link for dining plan info this is what you get-
Dining plans accepted at Chef Mickey's
When you book your vacation, you can purchase a Magic Your Way Vacation Package that includes one of our Disney Dining Plans. Each plan offers certain meal entitlements that can be redeemed at select restaurants. For more information, please visit the Disney Dining Plans page

Use the chart below to find the number of Table-Service Meals redeemed per person at this restaurant for each dining plan.

Disney Dining Plan Type Entitlements Used At Location
Breakfast Lunch Dinner
QS dining plan — — —
Dining plan 1 1 1
Deluxe dining plan 1 1 1
Premium dining plan 1 1 1
Platinum dining plan 1 1 1

It fills up pretty far in advance though, so you might have to stalk the website to get an ADR :surfweb: It can work though, I just got one for breakfast at the Tusker House and I've been looking for a couple months with no luck!

Just found your PTR and I am loving it. popcorn::Your DD's are super cute.:love:

We are going at about the same time as you guys but unfortunatly don't seem to be going to the same parks on the same day.:sad1: Oh, well. I'll have to use my Brain waves to give you a mental hello while we are there.:lmao:

If you do make it down to Hobby Lobby for the t-shirt stuff, take a look at there scrapbooking section. They have alot of great stickers (and other scrapbooking stuff) in both Walt Disney World (Princesses, Mickey, Toy Story, Winnie the Pooh. . .) and Star Wars.:goodvibes

:welcome: Thanks :) I'm definitely going to have to make a trip to Hobby Lobby sometime soon, I drive past it a couple times a month but I usually have 2 toddlers with me and a place to be :laughing:

Working on another update... coming up soon is Days 4 and 5 at Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios :cool1:

Day 4- Animal Kingdom 9am-6pm
Must Dos-
Festival of the Lion King
Kilimanjaro Safaris*
Boneyard
Finding Nemo musical*
Maharajah Jungle trek*
Expedition Everest (for me and Andrew)

8:05am ADR @Tusker House
Really excited about having 1 breakfast ADR that we get to go in the park before it’s open!
Straight to Kilimanjaro Safaris for fast pass and ride once. I think the girls are going to like this, so I want to be able to do it twice if they want to.
Jungle Trek
Get fast pass for EE
Depending on times for Finding Nemo and Lion King, we’ll play in the Boneyard or do other attractions
12pm lunch at Yak and Yeti
back to hotel for naps/swimming
Finish up “to do” list and then do any other attractions we missed before
Park closes at 6pm
6:25pm ADR at Boma

This day is packed full of ADRs, so we may or may not make it to all of them. I'm really looking forward to Yak and Yeti (especially the dessert... fried wontons w/pineapple... drool!), but if the girls aren't feeling it, or dinner that night, we may skip it and try out the food court at All Star Movies :confused3

Other trip related news, I have a shopping problem :lmao: The girls have so many Disney shirts/outfits they'll have enough to wear 2 outfits every day :rotfl2: They really already had enough outfits for one a day before I even booked the trip, and since then I've been picking out stuff here and there as I see it :rolleyes: Oh well!

I'm working on a welcome basket for both of them, so far they each have a tshirt (one looks like Belle's dress and the other like Cinderella's dress), stickers, Alexis has a hat (I'd love for Kaitlyn to have one too, but she just won't keep one on... hopefully her little scalp doesn't get burnt :headache: ), Alexis has a sleeping beauty Barbie (I'm going to get Kaitlyn a stuffed animal of some sort... maybe Daisy if I can find one!), and I still need to get a couple more things... some lollipops for both of them and 1 or 2 more things for Kaitlyn so they both get "equal" baskets.

I also recently read a trip report that she made little road bags for each kid with coloring books, crayons and other things to keep them busy on the road. I was already collecting stuff for the road, but hadn't thought about making special bags for each kid, so I might do that too! We already have 2 reusable bags from the Disney store with Princesses on them, so I think I'm going to use those and maybe get some puff paint to add their names to it and make each bag special for that specific girl. I'll post pics when that stuff is a little more organized!

Recently I've been adding a lot of things to my to do list for Disney, but not crossing much off :guilty: 57 days! Only 53 days till we leave though :woohoo:

I'm a big fan of lists... I've got at least 5-6 going for this trip :lmao: Maybe after I'm done with all the touring plans I'll post some more of the lists, packing lists and such. They're loooooooong. I'm glad I drive ;) Hopefully our big SUV will hold it all :rotfl2:

So here's the to do list that I'm working on, it keeps getting longer though :confused3:rotfl:

• finish "touring plan"
  • cancel ADRs we're not using (just a few left to cancel... after I make up my mind!)
  • talk to pet sitter about details/instructions
  • talk to friend that lives near Orlando about meeting for dinner Monday night
  • talk to cousin about details of trip (we're staying with her Monday night)
  • find portable dvd player to borrow (or a reasonably priced one to buy)
  • get backpack we're borrowing from a friend
  • make planning notebook
  • make index cards w/ ADR and must do info on it to take into parks
  • pack!

Howdy, neighbor! (I'm in southeast TN)

Found you PTR... have enjoyed reading! 1st trips are always so exciting... especially with little ones!

My family (me, DH, and our 2 DDs) has been to WDW twice. Our girls were 4 and 6 on our first trip (in 2007). Our 2nd trip was just last October, and they were 7 and 9. Hoping to make another family trip in 2013 (once the Fantasyland expansion is completed)... in the meantime, I'm heading to WDW in September for my first adults-only trip! :woohoo:

Anyway, I was going to suggest changing your dinner from RFC to Boma... and then I read that you already did, LOL! I think you'll enjoy it... the food is soooo good! It's my all-time favorite restaurant. Be sure to explore the resort... you can head outside to (hopefully) see some of the animals.

If you still need ideas for a QS meal at Epcot, I can suggest Sunshine Seasons (it's kind of a mini-food court inside the Land Pavilion), Yakitori House (Japan Pavilion) and San Angel Cantina (Mexico Pavilion)... all of these are really good!

Looking forward to reading more!

Howdy, neighbor! (I'm in southeast TN)

Found you PTR... have enjoyed reading! 1st trips are always so exciting... especially with little ones!

My family (me, DH, and our 2 DDs) has been to WDW twice. Our girls were 4 and 6 on our first trip (in 2007). Our 2nd trip was just last October, and they were 7 and 9. Hoping to make another family trip in 2013 (once the Fantasyland expansion is completed)... in the meantime, I'm heading to WDW in September for my first adults-only trip! :woohoo:

Anyway, I was going to suggest changing your dinner from RFC to Boma... and then I read that you already did, LOL! I think you'll enjoy it... the food is soooo good! It's my all-time favorite restaurant. Be sure to explore the resort... you can head outside to (hopefully) see some of the animals.

If you still need ideas for a QS meal at Epcot, I can suggest Sunshine Seasons (it's kind of a mini-food court inside the Land Pavilion), Yakitori House (Japan Pavilion) and San Angel Cantina (Mexico Pavilion)... all of these are really good!

Looking forward to reading more!

:cheer2:Welcome!:cheer2:

I'm already planning a trip in 2014 :lmao: I want to go again when the girls are old enough for BBB :cloud9:

Thanks for the tips! We'll definitely walk around the resort when we go to Boma :) I've heard such great things about this restaurant.
I was actually just asking my brother yesterday if he had any suggestions for QS in Epcot :) Thanks! I've read some TRs that included Sunshine Seasons, so we might try that. Or San Angel since I have a feeling my girls will like the boat ride in Mexico ;)

I definalty know what you mean about the lists. I have about 5 going on myself and there is only 2 of us going.:lmao::lmao:
And because of you I bought a great binder to keep everything in (also have a notecard binder that I will use for inside the parks) but some how all my stickers disappeared.:headache: I think it is time to check the kids rooms.:thumbsup2

Great planning, it will be our first time at Boma as well and I can't wait!!!
:rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow::rainbow:

I just followed you over from someone else's pre-trip report.

Your girls are so adorable:goodvibes

I can't wait to hear about the rest of your plans.

Finally found a few minutes to zip on over to your PTR and sub. Your girls are so cute and you have some great plans so far. You guys are going to have such a great first family vacation! I am extra fond of the memories I have of our very first family trip to Disney :lovestruc

I'm not sure that you would need to FP Jungle cruise that early in the morning on your first MK day. Maybe you should save it for something else that will get longer lines that early like Peter Pan or Winnie the Pooh. I didn't see PP on either of your MK lists but you should definitely do it--you "fly" in pirate ships; your girls will love it!

Had to comment on this--yes CM is on the dining plan. And we also do DxDP for our trips. You hear that statement a lot--you're going to spend more time eating than you are touring the parks; but don't let it scare you off the DxDP. We really love it and it works for us. Besides, you gotta eat while your at Disney right? It's nice to take a break from touring at a TS restaurant and not have to worry about the hustle and bustle at the CS places. If you feel like you are going to have a lot of meal credits leftover, then book a 2 credit TS meal like a dinner show or a signature restaurant. We have a tendency to book a breakfast buffet and a dinner and we just snack for lunch--that way we aren't doing 3 sit down meals a day.

Just thought I'd let you know that we still felt like we had plenty of time to tour and do rides even though we did the DxDP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter