I outran Snowmaggedan & then ate too much! (w/pics)

thank you so much for your great reviews. The photos are just awesome and I think I could pick it up and eat it right now. I would of liked to have booked O'hana's instead of the Luau. Our son and dil and two munchkins are coming with us and we thought they would enjoy the luau......but your food makes me rethink it.
Thanks again for taking the time to do this

Really enjoyed your report and pictures. Did you eat any breakfast at Capt. Cooks? If so, how were the crowds in the am?

BTW, we lived thru your snowmeggadon for you, LOL. I have a dtr in Richmond and my mom still lives in Falls Church. We liked to have never gotten back to Ky from our original "short visit" plans for superbowl weekend.

Wow !

*Great* pics and reviews ! Thanks for sharing them !

Looks to me like 'Ohana is getting a bit better than it has been in the last year... I sure hope so.

P.S. Sorry about "Snowflake". I miss my Simba everyday. Just a hug from one cat lover to another... :hug:

Really enjoyed your report and pictures. Did you eat any breakfast at Capt. Cooks? If so, how were the crowds in the am?

BTW, we lived thru your snowmeggadon for you, LOL. I have a dtr in Richmond and my mom still lives in Falls Church. We liked to have never gotten back to Ky from our original "short visit" plans for superbowl weekend.

We just did breakfast in the room (cereal and/or bagels) with fruit so no Capt Cooks breakfast. As sparse as the parks were in the AM, I can't imagine people getting much breakfast but not sure. I know Capt Cooks has Tonga Toast (I had in Kona Cafe in 2006) and I wanted some but never made it there.

OMG ... YOU GOT STUCK HERE!!! :scared1: I feel your pain! I could not believe the snow we still have mounded everywhere!

Have any pink drinks? It is my favorite color!

No pink drinks although the Sangria was was sort of reddish pink! Ha Ha -- I love fancy drinks (and martinis) but try to avoid them a little ... I get a little TOO happy if you get my drift. Beer will fill me up and not get me as buzzed! I bet some of the fancy ones at 'Ohana would fit the bill though! Pink is one of my favorite colors too! :thumbsup2

Nice reviews - thanks for writing! :)

The only troll I can think of in Norway other than on the ride is the big one in the store that people are usually sticking things up his nose.. ;)

Jill

Monday 2-8-10 at Magic Kingdom. Everybody must have slept in. We had a great morning. The only thing we had to fast pass was Peter Pan. Rides were walk on! We especially enjoyed the refurbished Hall of Presidents. Very impressive. We finished Big Thunder Mountain in plenty of time to make it to Tony's Town Square -- EXCEPT, we didn't realize the Superbowl MVP would be there and an impromptu parade was formed. We somehow wormed our way across Main Street and made it close to our (lunch) reservation time. We did get to see the MVP from our vantage point on the steps of Tony's. Well I saw a glimpse of him!

One of the things I wanted to see this year was Lady and the Tramp footprints! Here they are!

Picture096.jpg

By the way ... the Goofy statue that used to be near Tony's is gone! :scared1:

Tony's Town Square: This is not a gourmet feast. But it was pleasant and filling. Service was quick and our glasses were filled promptly time after time. We enjoyed a garden salad and I had spaghetti with meatballs. (I ate only 1/2 meatball - too much onion in them). There was crostini with the entree. I liked when they had soft bread sticks better - I am not a crostini fan. DH ate the rest of my meatballs and his baked ziti which was very tasty! We shared the walnut-lemon curd cake. I remembered it from our visit on our 21st anniversary and wanted to relive the moment. It was very different - moist and flavorful!

Picture093.jpg

Picture094.jpg

Picture095.jpg

We had a lovely view out the porch window -- and another nice meal. It was comfortable and warm at Tony's. Here is a picture of the window near us:

Picture092.jpg

Total for Tony's with tip was $66.20.
Yum!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice reviews - The only troll I can think of in Norway other than on the ride is the big one in the store that people are usually sticking things up his nose.. ;)

Jill

I know it is off the "dining" topic ... but I had put a thread on the "theme park" board before I left asking if anyone really found trolls in Norway -- according to the Magic of WDW (which I still love!) there are 23. Some said "yes" ... some said "only duing the garden festival" and some said "LOOK UP" -- well we looked EVERYWHERE. Poor DH was looking up during a rainstorm and I TRIED TRIED TRIED to find any trolls :headache: . I did see the grass roof on the bakery which I hadn't before ... but sadly NO TROLLS -- so I guess they are gone now! :sad2:

(I did find other hidden magic that was in the book)

Bye for now.

Bonus Pic:

DH and I came out of Honey I Shrunk the Audience (HISTA) -- ha ha but I never can remember that short name -- and I was STARVING -- needed something right away! We spotted prezels and then closer - they had CINNAMON SUGAR Pretzels. OMG -- delicious - one of the best snacks we had! (Notice DH attempt to NOT show he had eaten half before I remembered picture - mine was even MORE gone by then!) He is soooo sweet!

Picture102.jpg

What a fabulous trip report! We were there the same week as you (at many of the same parks on the same days too) and never thought of doing our trip report from a food perspective! :) This trip we decided to only have 2 TS meals and to try new counter service places, and after your report I must say that I missed our favorite meals! Thanks for sharing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter