I never want to go back to a value resort again.

Ooohhhh, :headache: I don't want this thread to get rude. Ugh. I was just sooooo impressed with POR that I just wanted to share my thoughts on it. :love:

I stayed at Pop Century and at Coronado Springs. The decorating for the value is a little tacky, but the room wasn't that much different compared to the Moderate Resort.

I'd do it again. Sometimes you have to penny pinch and when you're just using the hotel to sleep in between park visits it's fine. You get the perks for the value.

When I arrived for check-in on November 12th, the cast member at the reservation desk at POR read my room request back to me. They were paving the parking lot next to the building I wanted and had assigned me an adjacent one but were happy to put me in the building I wanted since I didn't mind walking a new extra steps from the next parking area.

I have never stayed at a value and personally have no reason to spend the extra $$$ on a deluxe. POR is our home at WDW now and forever more!!

I am just one of those people who cannot psychologically pay several hundred dollars for a bed to sleep in at night. We stayed at Beach Club when we won a trip and I thought the rooms were very pretty, however, they were not super big and I knew we would never go back there if we were actually paying out of pocket. Too many other things that money could buy.

However, I just don't have any desire at all to stay at a Value Resort. Before doing that I would go over to the Marriott Village and stay on a pillowtop bed at either Springhill or Fairfield Inn.

We did stay @ POFQ once and I loved the trees, river, serenity, and peacefulness of it. Would go back there in a heartbeat. Also have always loved the Swan & Dolphin (prefer Swan due to size). They have a multitude of great rates to help with costs and you can use all of Disney transporation - as well as great access to 2 parks and a beauty of a pool. It's a blessing not to be able to charge at the parks as that can REALLY get away from you. If I am paying out of pocket I actually have to THINK about what I am spending, LOL.

DW and I own DVC but we always stay at a value when we are paying oop. I guess when we get a little older and choose to or need to spend more time at the hotel we may elect to pay oop for a higher tier resort but as some others mentioned we go for the parks, shows and dining so we really only use the hotel to sleep and shower. To each his own however as long as you are happy with where you are then I say stay where you want.

I don't think that CBR would do anything for me either, nor POFQ. My husband who I was actually shocked that he had an opinion on, was rather disgusted with the looks of POFQ. The colors of it really threw him off!!

I've been to the real French Quarter, and I love the architecture, but POFQ is really quite ugly to me. It's kinda tacky looking.

POR is beautiful though.

Back to the original point of the thread. I would rather stay off-site, than at a value. I like staying at Disney hotels mostly for the atmosphere, the values don't transport me somewhere magical like all the other resorts do. It's just a jazzed up motel. For the price, there are much better options IMHO.

I would also prefer to stay offsite than at a value again but in fairness I'm only considering the Allstars when I say that. I didn't care for them at all. I can't comment on Pop even though they look much the same in pictures.

I always drive and I would prefer to have a restaurant on premises and also a few other amenities. We also enjoy seeing what else Florida has to offer so we would go offsite anyway. I guess that if you want to be immersed in Disney the whole time that makes a big difference. We feel no such need.

As for the comment about POFQ, I don't agree that the resort looks tacky but does appear kind of fake. I feel the same way about the Grand Floridian ever since we saw the Hotel Del that it was modeled after. Now THAT is an amazing hotel.

I would also prefer to stay offsite than at a value again but in fairness I'm only considering the Allstars when I say that. I didn't care for them at all. I can't comment on Pop even though they look much the same in pictures.

I always drive and I would prefer to have a restaurant on premises and also a few other amenities. We also enjoy seeing what else Florida has to offer so we would go offsite anyway. I guess that if you want to be immersed in Disney the whole time that makes a big difference. We feel no such need.

As for the comment about POFQ, I don't agree that the resort looks tacky but does appear kind of fake. I feel the same way about the Grand Floridian ever since we saw the Hotel Del that it was modeled after. Now THAT is an amazing hotel.

This is my first post, but just wanted to share the Hotel Del love. :love:

Oh no! Last week was our first experience onsite, and it was POR as well. We LOVED it. But now I have a one-night stay planned for Jan for ASSports. Hope I'm not disappointed! We will probably never be "Deluxe People", and only POR, CSR, ASSports and Pop! appeal to me. But I know it's usually true that you get what you pay for.

Oh and on the requests subject...

we booked our Dec trip in Aug and requested Mansion side verbally. I did online checkin 3 days before and checked "close to transportation" and indicated that we would likely arrive around 930 am. we arrived at 10, and the room was ready in Magnolia Terrace, a building directly in front of the East bus depot. we'll see if we get so luck with our Jan trip to ASSports.

I have to say, I'm very upset by Hardy's comments with regards to the 'class' of people staying at the value resorts.

We're a very hard working British family, who yes, have had to save for 18 months to have the luxury of heading to our favourite holiday destination, but I find it highly insulting to have this accusation thrown in our direction that because we're staying at All Star Sports, we're said to be of a lower class background!

We have previously stayed at CBR when myself and my brother were children, but as we now travel as a family of 5 adults, staying at a moderate adds approximately another £2000 (around $3,200) onto our trip, which is a heck of a lot more cash to have to save, before our spending money.

As we're spending around £7000 (around $11,200) to actually go to WDW I think it's only fair to see why we'd choose a value resort.

We'd love to be able to stay in a Mod or Deluxe, but cash will simply not allow for that, well it would, but you could add another year potentially on when we could go there.

To put it simply, we're not lower class, we behave very well as a family and are at WDW through hard work and we'll enjoy ourselves just as much as any other family there, regardless of what hotel we're staying in.

As others have said, if it's a choice between Value, or no trip at all, then it's a Value for me any day. As long as I can see my Mouse, I'm a happy girl!

And not to be rude to anyone, but there is a difference in the guests from value to deluxe, overall....not saying everyone at Pop is a belligerent hick and everyone at a deluxe is a college professor, but I know I can't be the only one that has observed such things.

Wow, there are no words to describe just how rude and condescending this is. I've witnessed boorish people and behavior at every category of resort.

DW and I own DVC but we always stay at a value when we are paying oop. I guess when we get a little older and choose to or need to spend more time at the hotel we may elect to pay oop for a higher tier resort but as some others mentioned we go for the parks, shows and dining so we really only use the hotel to sleep and shower. To each his own however as long as you are happy with where you are then I say stay where you want.

Same for me -- DVC owner who doesn't mind staying at Pop to avoid the weekend DVC points.

I don't think that CBR would do anything for me either, nor POFQ. My husband who I was actually shocked that he had an opinion on, was rather disgusted with the looks of POFQ. The colors of it really threw him off!!

They're Mardi Gras colors.

They're Mardi Gras colors.

And they are actually pretty soft on person. Not bright at all like traditional mardi gras. But TOTALLY to each their own. :thumbsup2 I just can't get past the blah gray and white exterior to ever stay at the YC. Oh vell, more room for those that love it. ;)

We went from staying at Shades of Green to staying at All Star Sports. We wanted to save money this past trip that is why we did it, but learned our lesson. We have 2young boys, so we tried the sports over the movies. The room size compared to SOG (where we would pay just a few dollars more) isnt worth the savings for us. If we go back we are staying at SOG.

I love Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are quite nice.

Pop is alright they seem to just have families while All Stars seems to have more Teen groups staying there. All Stars needs rehab desparately. The paint was peeling and the tv set didn't work. We called the front desk but were told it wouldn't be fixed until the next day when we were leaving.:sad2: The plants looked overgrown and dishabbled.

I love Port Orleans Riverside and French Quarter. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are quite nice.

Pop is alright they seem to just have families while All Stars seems to have more Teen groups staying there. All Stars needs rehab desparately. The paint was peeling and the tv set didn't work. We called the front desk but were told it wouldn't be fixed until the next day when we were leaving.:sad2: The plants looked overgrown and dishabbled.

Which All Star did you stay at? They recently did refurbish the Sports and Music, but not the Movies. When we stayed at both the Sports and Music last year, the rooms and common areas looked great. I'm hoping the guests are not so destructive that they have ruined them already.:scared:

Which All Star did you stay at? They recently did refurbish the Sports and Music, but not the Movies. When we stayed at both the Sports and Music last year, the rooms and common areas looked great. I'm hoping the guests are not so destructive that they have ruined them already.:scared:

I was there before the rehab. Well it needed it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter