I need some help!!

Winnie McPooh

Earning My Ears
Hi all, not been on for some time. My husband and I were at First Choice today to get a quote for Florida leaving 25th Sept 2010 for 2 weeks. We can get the Fairfield Suites at the Marriot Village in LBV for £3090 (2adults & 2 kids, inc.transfers, flying from Glasgow). Does anyone think this is a good deal??:confused3
I've been having a look on-line, can't get a quote for the Fairfield through First Choice website, Virgin quoted us £2300(ish) flying from Manchester?? W're not sure if it would be worth the hassle of getting to Manchester, paying for a hotel the night before, paying for parking etc... or if it would be easier just to fly from Glasgow and pay the extra:confused3:confused3
Hope someone can help!!!:rolleyes1

Its not cheap but if its direct and everything you want it might be worth paying the extra.
If you are going for transfers does that mean no driving? If its does then consider onsite, Looks like they quoted you for a Thomson Holiday(same group), I also couldn't see Fairfield on First choice. Quote online is just under £3,000+ extras, for another £600 you could stay at Port Orleans but include Free Dining plan(quick service, can be upgraded) if you buy tickets with the package.
One thing you did say, Fairfield Suites? Stayed at Fairfield 3 or 4 times never seen a suite there, I think they are all basic rooms, Their other hotel in the same complex is suites, Springhill.

If you are willing to fly indirect or from Manchester then it will be cheaper.

I think it's definitely a hotel, 'suites' can be a misleading term and it can depend on the hotel chain involved, some can be almost like DVC apartment accomodation whilst others are similar to hotel room layout.

Yeah, you're right enough, it is the Fairfield, I've just misread it:blush:
We did look at staying onsite, but although it sounds good that we'll have paid for most of our food before we go, we would still need to buy food for our youngest, which kind of defeates the purpose I think. Anyway, we like to go to Seaworld, so it's kind of central.
We won't be driving, just gonna bus it or use taxis. What did you think of the Fairfield when you stayed there? Had a look at some reviews, only constant complaint seemed to be the size of the rooms??

Thanks for the help!!:thumbsup2

We love the Fairfield, never paid more than £30/night including wireless internet, fridge and breakfast. Only thing I can knock about the hotel is traffic, we always visit school hols, Xmas, Easter, August, the traffic can be crazy. 25th Sept you should have no problems with that. Other than that can't fault the place, great location and you can use facilities of all 3 hotels within the "village", Golden Corral & Bahama Breeze next door.

A few pics. Sorry for the mess it was towards end of hol.
Its nothing fancy but a great base for a holiday.

IMG_4085.jpg

IMG_4081.jpg

IMG_4083.jpg

IMG_4080.jpg

IMG_4078.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter