I must do this

diskids2

<font color=CC66CC>Not above grovelling for a tag
Ever since my DS was born, I have carried the extra weight and then some. I weigh over 300 pounds. I have trouble putting on my socks, can't walk up stairs without getting out of breath and overall don't feel good about myself.

The time has come.....Thanks for listening.

diskids2 said:
Ever since my DS was born, I have carried the extra weight and then some. I weigh over 300 pounds. I have trouble putting on my socks, can't walk up stairs without getting out of breath and overall don't feel good about myself.

The time has come.....Thanks for listening.

diskids2, I know what you mean I am around 300. I joined WW in January.

I just take one day at a time. I started walking everyday, even if it is for 15 min or so.

Good luck and I know the people of Wish Dis are very supportive of everyone and are willing to help you out.

Good Luck! This is a great source of support. Like mom23boys said - Take it one day at a time. Don't focus on the end, but small goals that will eventually get you there. I know that I probably need to lose about 80 lbs. If I though about that I would get overwhelemed. I set a goal to lose 10 in March and 15 by Easter. Those are both doable and don't seem impossible.

Welcome to WISH!

You have found the greatest group to work with you as you make your new goal a lifestyle. Join in stop at the top thread and grab a WISH clippie. Come often post lots. We want you to succeed

KathyFP said:
Take it one day at a time. Don't focus on the end, but small goals that will eventually get you there.

I took this advice after trying many diets and am finally succeeding and you can too. Been doing the gym and eating right (not "dieting") for the past 10 months and have dropped 25 lbs. I could lose more faster, but this is a lifestyle change for me and is something I hope to stick with the rest of my life. So start by doing what you can do, then gradually increase your exercise - next thing you know. you'll be on the road to a new YOU!!! :cheer2:

Welcome! The previous posters have given you great advice....take it one day at a time, set small goals, and don't get discouraged by minor setbacks. You can do it! :cheer2:

I started LA Weightloss right before Thxgiving at 272, and I'm down to 235...a weight I haven't seen in about 10 years. I take it one day at a time, plan my meals, and get excersize just about every day.

This is a great board for support....good luck to you!!!!

Dani

Wow!! Good for you to join us!! At the top of the forum page is a journal page. read through a few and start your own to write in when you feel great and when your feeling defeated. I would focus on the exercise(movement) first . I don't focus on the food because it makes me crazy. I pat myself on the back when I make a good food choice. Add water to your diet. Start small and build to the 64+ ounce range. If you start too big your more likely to not make it. Take the kids to the park and start walking. Even 100 steps is a great start. Just keep at it. Your kids love to get outside and spend time with Mom. THey will keep you on track if you try to get out of moving. There are also kids workout videos (Disney, Barney) They are pretty irriatating but if you do them with your kids they will love it and you will be starting at a level that will not be too hard(Very discouraing) Best of luck!! One step at a time!!!!

I agree with the previous posters. Take it slow and in small goals and you will stick with it. With all the times that I have tried to start exercising I just never stuck with it because I think I started out to much too quick and burnt out. I have started to jog/walk and I am surprised I have stuck with it this long (today is a month since I decided to run a 10k in Oct but now has changed to actually signing up for a 5k in April and thinking of doing the Minnie 5k in May ~ I think having a goal in mind has kept me on track.)

So I would say that goes with dieting as well, start slow, don't be too hard on yourself if you have some down days (I have had a few of those since I started) and have a goal in mind. It may help to set short term goals as you progress and always have that long term goal in mind and you will get there. :)

My ultimate goal is to drop 50 pds. but I'm taking baby steps.....13-16pds by June, etc... I can't afford to join WW, but have found a great site:www.fitday.com which is a free site and is set up like the WW site. It's a great site to journal your food intake, your workouts, goals, etc... check it out and don't give up. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter