I LOVE the podcast. But the in-park segments are awful.

I'd actually like to see them advertise when they're in the parks, and maybe do a quick live meet up with some "fans".

RYNO: "Well well well, who we've run into here at Epcot.....DIS fan King Llama!!! King, say hello to the team back at the studio and the fans watching around the world!"

ME: (stares blankly into camera)

RYNO: "Oh, come on now, King....you're always chiming in on DISBoards conversations, and you used to be a regular part of the chatterati. Don't you have ANYTHING witty to say?"

ME: (starts mumbling incoherently, something about Bob Iger)

RYNO: "How about telling us your favorite Epcot attraction? Or maybe your favorite Epcot snack?"

ME: (begins to cry, then rips off shirt, runs away, and jumps into World Showcase Lagoon)

RYNO: "Welp."

RYNO: "Well well well, who we've run into here at Epcot.....DIS fan King Llama!!! King, say hello to the team back at the studio and the fans watching around the world!"

ME: (stares blankly into camera)

RYNO: "Oh, come on now, King....you're always chiming in on DISBoards conversations, and you used to be a regular part of the chatterati. Don't you have ANYTHING witty to say?"

ME: (starts mumbling incoherently, something about Bob Iger)

RYNO: "How about telling us your favorite Epcot attraction? Or maybe your favorite Epcot snack?"

ME: (begins to cry, then rips off shirt, runs away, and jumps into World Showcase Lagoon)

RYNO: "Welp."

See this is the exact problem we are talking about, awkward conversation with no action.

I think we all can agree a good in park segment with King Llama should incorporate Duffy. Now we will have some good television
popcorn::

I definitely agree. Sadly the segment is just unwatchable, to me mainly because of the bad quality of video and sound, not to mention the lack of exact purpose. If there would be some kind of a theme to those segments I could maybe overlook the quality and erratic camera.
It is nice to see the park, but maybe with some more relevant to episode commentary?

I disliked those the most.

There was a definite love it or hate it vibe to those. His mom would pop in on the UNiversal chats and insisted he had a good sense of humor about them though...

I get the feeling that the guys doing the chats don't much care for them either, Ryno was having fun throwing a little shade towards them with the boss out of town on this week's show...

DIS Unplugged newb here... I've only caught a couple of shows so far and enjoyed them both. Unfortunately, I haven't caught one with Ryno and Steve in the park yet, and therefore can't really give an informed opinion. I have seen several of the short segments where they've tried out some restaurants and found them very entertaining and informative. I would love to see more short segments of them visiting the parks!

I think they could find an eloquent "in the park" fan who would be willing to go live on air and talk about their day in the park or news or what stuck them as odd/different/new. Especially if they ask for volunteers in advance. I personally wouldn't do it but there are a few very knowledgeable mods/posters I wouldn't mind meeting as something like junior cub reporters.

The construction updates would be appreciated. I'd enjoyed watching Planet Hollywood and Pizza Rizzo updates since I can't see them in person.

We are all WDW fans so a live from the parks is almost a necessity.

I'm sure the segment adds to the video version of the podcast, but as someone who usually only listens to them, it doesn't add anything for me. I can't appreciate seeing the park as a listener and the discussion is lacking, as mentioned here. I do think it would be cool for the folks in the park to maybe comment on that day's wait times, crowd levels, weather, etc. Give people a feel for current conditions in the park and the things they have done in the park thus far that day. I also like the suggestions of having them showcase some kind of food item or maybe even a unique piece of merchandise (if permissible) to highlight something new/different in the parks.

I do think it would be cool for the folks in the park to maybe comment on that day's wait times, crowd levels, weather, etc.
That's something that would hold no interest to me personally since they're in Orlando and I'm in New Jersey. I really don't care how the weather is or how crowded it is. Giving the weather report on the Daily Fix also doesn't interest me. If I'm not there, it doesn't matter and if I am there, I'm checking the weather on my phone or on TV before we venture out. In either case, the report on the show wouldn't serve any purpose.

That said, I understand that some people might like hearing, "It's a beautiful day in Disney World" to help fuel their fantasies while they muddle through their work day. :)

That's something that would hold no interest to me personally since they're in Orlando and I'm in New Jersey. I really don't care how the weather is or how crowded it is. Giving the weather report on the Daily Fix also doesn't interest me. If I'm not there, it doesn't matter and if I am there, I'm checking the weather on my phone or on TV before we venture out. In either case, the report on the show wouldn't serve any purpose.

That said, I understand that some people might like hearing, "It's a beautiful day in Disney World" to help fuel their fantasies while they muddle through their work day. :)

My thought was more along the lines of planning purposes for listeners. Those who appreciate it might be people who will be there in the near future, people who watch crowd calendars, people who may be thinking of going this time next year, etc. If you think late February/early March can be sometimes cold and somewhat crowded so you've ruled out this time of year as an option, but you hear week after week on the podcast that it's sunny, 80s, and wait times seem decent then maybe this time of year would be a contender for you next year, just as an example. I know I have some times of year in my head that I hear can be crowded or can have poor weather, so I don't ever consider them. Hearing first hand experiences week after week would keep me in the loop at least.

My thought was more along the lines of planning purposes for listeners. Those who appreciate it might be people who will be there in the near future, people who watch crowd calendars, people who may be thinking of going this time next year, etc. If you think late February/early March can be sometimes cold and somewhat crowded so you've ruled out this time of year as an option, but you hear week after week on the podcast that it's sunny, 80s, and wait times seem decent then maybe this time of year would be a contender for you next year, just as an example. I know I have some times of year in my head that I hear can be crowded or can have poor weather, so I don't ever consider them. Hearing first hand experiences week after week would keep me in the loop at least.

I think if it was more around a trend or something like that - "we've noticed that Animal Kingdom has been a bit emptier during early afternoon recently" ... "People seem to like the new menu at Pecos Bill so around lunch time that has seen a spike in crowds" ... "construction at DHS has made the walkways getting to Muppet Courtyard very crowded and congested feeling" - then there could be some value or if something has changed (walkway closed, etc.) that can help people plan ... but just a "point in time" with no real context is not really that interesting to most of us I think as unless you are local/there now it doesn't impact you

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter