I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We're doing the same, except SW Points/CP and the Sheraton! :)

I wish I could make myself pay GC prices, as it is such a lovely hotel, but I just can't. I'm really hoping for a nice, quiet week. All signs point to yes given DL's hotel & ticket discounting and their choice to schedule the DVC event that week. Fingers crossed!

Yeah, the $400 doesn't even look bad to me at this point. I'm seeing almost $700/nt for a standard room in the fall when we are thinking of going. I can't even deal with that right now. It's pretty ridiculous. We may have to start staying off property with these crazy rates.

Anyone figured out what is up with generating support links? I was going to go update mine but I cannot get new ones from the 'refer a friend' site or from the app :confused3

We were on the rope drop till closing team when we were younger. Then we moved to the rope drop until afternoon break team, going back in the evenings and closing down the parks. Now we're more in the rope drop, afternoon break, evening touring but not quite until closing team. :P

This is totally us! Thanks for putting it into better words than I ever could.

Okay those of you with a "business" what are you doing for it?

I know some sell on Ebay, but do you have a name? I sell on Ebay, Poshmark, etc. I've always had my photography business as my business and it was legit. But that is drying up and I'm not sure how much longer if at all I be doing it. I've been in business for 13 years now, website, tax license, etc. But people want everything for $50 now and that ain't worth my time, LOL.

My “business” was dog grooming and dog sitting. That “business” is currently closed and has been for about a year. Therefore, my current “business” is that I might decide to sell stuff on EBay. It’s definitely something I am thinking about and should I ever decide to actually do it, then I will want to have some business credit cards.

I know some sell on Ebay, but do you have a name? I sell on Ebay, Poshmark, etc. I've always had my photography business as my business and it was legit. But that is drying up and I'm not sure how much longer if at all I be doing it. I've been in business for 13 years now, website, tax license, etc. But people want everything for $50 now and that ain't worth my time, LOL.
I sell on ebay - occasionally - when the mood strikes me and I get motivated to throw some items up for sale :) Could be once a month and could be once a year. I go through spurts. I also sell - occasionally - on my local neighborhood site or CL.

I now actually have a more 'legit' business as a Travel Agent (4 clients so far lol!) but I've not applied for any CC's using that business.

Yep, am furloughed myself. We have some non-appropriated funding so I can work a little, but it's only been an hour or two each day at most. I think I got in 10 hours total over the last 2 weeks. It's a bummer.

ouch, i took a trip up the 395, man, US forest service were furloughed and damn, everything was closed... :( My main purpose was to see Manzanar... closed :'(
I feel for you guys... was reading that TSA workers were calling in sick in record numbers because they werent getting paid...

When DH and I were first together and married we were on the rooe drop until closing team every New Year’s. No break. No Fastpass. Stayed off property. No dining reservations. After about 5 years of that DH said no more Disney. We didn’t go for about 4 years. He calls those years the dark ages LOL

I met a friend while showing dogs that also loves WDW. When I described how we did it and why DH won’t go anymore she said we’d been doing it wrong. She introduced us to the Disboards, reservations for dining, staying on property, discounts for FL residents and AP holders, MNSSHP, MVMCP and what sold DH on going back ... naps. He agreed to try it again her way after learning there would be time to go back to the resort and have a nap. The rest is history. Now we go at a much slower pace. He’s happy and I’m happy. Works for us.

I tutor, for realz. I took a few years off while getting my homeschooler through high school, but am slowly getting back into it :-) I'm probably not going to increase my for-pay tutoring hours that much, though (under 10/week now). I just requested information about tutoring for the literacy program in our state which would be a 4 hour/week commitment for the first year.

Oh and one more thing. I have SPG And SPG Business and Marriott and Marriott Business. Are most people just keeping 1 or 2 of these or all of them? Not sure where I would use the free nights (maybe the 35,000 one) and if it is worth it to keep all of these. Was maybe thinking of keeping 1 SPG and 1 Marriott??
P2 has all 4, I think all of his 4 earn the 35k night?!? Which card is the 25k night?
I’ve been trying to book Hawaii for next Christmas but for some reason they haven’t opened up past Dec 14th. If I can get those 4 nights booked I’m keeping all 4, the $400 in fees are worth the 4 night in Hawaii.

Yeah, the $400 doesn't even look bad to me at this point.

Me neither, I actually (briefly) thought "great reason to fly to SoCal!" I :lovestruc the GC and tbh at this point in life prefer DL to WDW.

We were Team Rope Drop when we would go to WDW. I'd have DD list her 6 or 7 "must dos" we'd knock those out, have a TS meal and then back to the resort for nap (for me LOL) and quiet time. Then we'd either return to a park or go to (then) Downtown Disney or hit the pool. We had AP, direct flights on Delta were $200-$250 (the good old days) so DD would never whine because there was always going to be "next time." As a single mom this kept me sane and semi relaxed and thing were still fun for DD. It also left time for spontaneity "want to stand in a 15 minute line for Cruella, sure why not?" or watch the parade or shop at the candy store or whatever. Everyone does it the best way for them and I have very fond memories of our trips:mickeybar

I've stayed in GC twice although not at the R-C. It's a gorgeous property though!
Some reviews for you:

https://lajollamom.com/ritz-carlton-grand-cayman-review/
https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/review-the-ritz-carlton-grand-cayman/

I echo @striker1064 --the R-Cs I've been fortunate enough to visit do not seem to care at all about status, so I don't know if I'd bank on any perk from that. I view R-C sort of like DCL-book the room you're happy to have because upgrades don't happen normally.

Hope your son and husband will get onboard!
Yowza! Thank you for the reviews! $130 for 3 drinks and nachos is ridiculous! Off to cancel that reservation and find some place else to go for vacation.

Yowza! Thank you for the reviews! $130 for 3 drinks and nachos is ridiculous! Off to cancel that reservation and find some place else to go for vacation.

Well, you don't have to eat on property but yes, prices on GC are a still high. I think you could probably get more bang for your buck somewhere else (a place that gives plat benefits and cheaper off property eats), though!

I don’t think there are referrals anymore for the CF and CSR....just checked my link for the CIP and it still works
I was just checking the CF and CSR...hopeful, I guess...but I cannot generate a new CIP or Disney. I was going to update my links since @SouthFayetteFan suggested we do that. My old links work still as well. Just wondering what is going on with generating links. I could get a new one in the app until recently and now that is gone for me too.

I was just checking the CF and CSR...hopeful, I guess...but I cannot generate a new CIP or Disney. I was going to update my links since @SouthFayetteFan suggested we do that. My old links work still as well. Just wondering what is going on with generating links. I could get a new one in the app until recently and now that is gone for me too.
I can generate CIP and Disney thru the app. I was having issues with Disney on the website the other day.

My “business” was dog grooming and dog sitting. That “business” is currently closed and has been for about a year. Therefore, my current “business” is that I might decide to sell stuff on EBay. It’s definitely something I am thinking about and should I ever decide to actually do it, then I will want to have some business credit cards.

What do you tell them your "business" is then? I'm asking because I'm still a scaredy-cat when it comes to applying for a Biz card.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter