I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your plan absolutely scares me. Rope drop every day. Fireworks in the park at 8pm. I long ago gave up staying from opening to close. Not sure if I've ever done it. I've done rope drop at least once a trip but I would be having lunch somewhere or back in my room by noon. And I've been in a park until 2am, but I didn't get there at 8am. Going in the evening, with the exception of a few visits to other parks involves dinner of some kind in Epcot. Park time during a trip is usually 3-4 hours in a day and sometimes I don't even go but 3-4 times in a 7 day trip. Even with an AP.

Once I did a ride in all 4 parks one day. Just for the heck of it. Was actually pretty easy.

I either have an annual pass or a park hopper. Touring style is no plans whatsoever, except for a few rides that I will try to plan for such as recently FOP - had to try it once and now could care less. I have a few things that I enjoy doing and rope drop on an extra magic day will usually take care of that such as Toy Story, Buzz, the Safari in Animal Kingdom. I don't do thrill rides as I would first of all get sick all over everybody and 2nd, I don't enjoy heights or being spinned and turned upside down. Daughters who do like things get to make fast passes and ride twice on my ticket.

I do enjoy the Bay Lake rooms for the views. My all time favorite was a lake view on the North end where you had a sideways MK view and the fireworks were easily seen. We weren't directly looking at the castle but it was a nice surprise. I've also had a lake view corner room at Grand Floridian Villas where you could enjoy the fireworks but you had to be on the balcony to see them. Nice surprise again as nobody was posting about that at the time, as it was in the first few months that VGF were open.

I can't do that anymore! We did commando our first two days our last trip and by day 3 we were both just worthless. DH and I vowed "never again." It's easy to get sucked in to the Disney excitement tho. There's just so much to do and we always hop so before you know it, you've seen all 4 parks in one day, walked 14 miles and even had dinner at Disney Springs... while "relaxing" lol. #Insanity

I am in awe at the people that can go from rope drop to close. I can do one or the other but not both! I never got into the midday break cause it feels like it eats up so much time going back and forth. Not to mention being from the West Coast I have a 3 hour time difference working against me. LOL. I will say our first kid free trip I went hardcore every day. The girls were 2 and 6 and the comparison between the ease of just adults and the trip a few months prior where we were lugging strollers and dealing with tantruming kids was mind blowing. Want to go somewhere? Grab your shoes and magic band and go! Who cares if the restaurant doesn't serve mac'n'cheese!? I was so excited I was basically running through the parks because it was so easy.

And the wait begins on the SW biz approval.

My friend just got denied for hers :sad1:. We've had this big elaborate plan in the making for months to get a CP for each of our families too. I knew it was going to be a stretch with Chase because she got Marriott Biz , Marriott Premier, and then the SW Premier in the last 12 months. I feel bad cause I keep talking about how great churning is to her and every card she tries for is a recon battle or straight denial.

My friend just got denied for hers :sad1:. We've had this big elaborate plan in the making for months to get a CP for each of our families too. I knew it was going to be a stretch with Chase because she got Marriott Biz , Marriott Premier, and then the SW Premier in the last 12 months. I feel bad cause I keep talking about how great churning is to her and every card she tries for is a recon battle or straight denial.

Still hope, I would wait 30 days and try again, especially if the CP is super valuable for her. When were those other apps and current credit extended by chase?

Okay those of you with a "business" what are you doing for it?

I know some sell on Ebay, but do you have a name? I sell on Ebay, Poshmark, etc. I've always had my photography business as my business and it was legit. But that is drying up and I'm not sure how much longer if at all I be doing it. I've been in business for 13 years now, website, tax license, etc. But people want everything for $50 now and that ain't worth my time, LOL.

That’s exactly what our motto is :rotfl2: Quite frankly, that’s our motto no matter where we go. We don’t like to sit still. Even when my mom and I went to NYC the other week, she said she had so many people afterwards who kept telling her they couldn’t believe how much we did on our trip. They all thought we’d been there for several days instead of 36 hours haha.
Same here! My family was that way growing up too - my mom hated to sit in the hotel room :rotfl:

The good news is there is no wrong way to do Disney :) A little more on our style:

We always go in Jan too when parks open at 9a and most nights are all closed by 8p. We are there 8 days and 7 nights. Excluding arrival day and departure day where we only get about 6 park hours; We will have 6 full park days. We will take an afternoon break of 2-3 hours on 4 of those days (usually involves a 30-45 min nap (dad and kids), resort exploration and a swim if temps are 80). So we probably will put in about 75 park hours (this was actually kind of fun to think thru).

If we put the kids to bed by 9p or shortly thereafter they will be up by 7a. Making rope drop with a 5y and 8y old child is pretty easy then for us haha. In a Disney hotel room I’m done sleeping when they’re done haha. We eat a quick cereal breakfast in the room while getting ready.

During those days, some portion of our family will ride almost every ride and see every show at every park (our only “skips” are mission space, figment, tough to be a bug). We will probably attempt to meet every character too although there’s certainly a number of minor ones we inevitable miss.

And the crazy part - I get 8-9 hrs of sleep a night and come home rested and energized. This probably explains why our Disney trip is so sacred to our family lol! That and the fact that I love spending 8 days of nonstop family time together.

Remember me when you hit 65 er almost 66 in 12 more days! I hope you are still at it as strong as ever when you get there! And you are correct: no wrong way to do Disney so long as you want to do it and enjoy being there.

I'm busy rescheduling the part of my trip that involved staying at Vistana Villages. Daughters schedule put another kink in me leaving today. I'm actually behind a few pages but will catch up.

Okay those of you with a "business" what are you doing for it?

I know some sell on Ebay, but do you have a name? I sell on Ebay, Poshmark, etc. I've always had my photography business as my business and it was legit. But that is drying up and I'm not sure how much longer if at all I be doing it. I've been in business for 13 years now, website, tax license, etc. But people want everything for $50 now and that ain't worth my time, LOL.

I sell on eBay..clothing..new and used, kids old toys etc...I’ve applied for cards under my name and SS as business name and EIN..have just applied for Chase and Amex business cards....

That depends on how you value cash back vs points. There is nothing wrong with your scenario if you are a cash back person. If you have a Sams or BJs membership you can likely get nearly 5% off of their discounted Disney gift cards and pay with a cc that earns 2% cash back and do even better.

Unless I am meeting an MSR I tend to purchase the Disney GCs for 5x UR at an office supply store with my Ink Plus (Ink Cash would offer the same option).

Thank you! I'll double dip with Sams or Office Max on a points card. Appreciate the help!

3 Chase cards in 12 months doesn’t seem crazy...if she didn’t already maybe she should reduce her credit limits on the cards she has and try again in 30 days

Last edited:
Instant Approval for DW on the Citi AA Biz - 70k AA miles to look forward to.

That also nicely clears the path for the cancellation of the Barclays AAviator - doesn't seem worth keeping, although I think new benefits are in the pipeline judging by a survey they sent me recently.

All about eve is next since there were already copies available I just have to wait for it to get to my library.
OOH another great one.

My family was that way growing up too - my mom hated to sit in the hotel room
This is me! I finally realized I have to slow down a little. It was in either Yellowstone or Grand Tetons and we pulled to a parking area for a trail head or overview. Both DD and I decided to sit and rest for a second and the next thing I knew we had fallen asleep in the car for a quick power nap. Later she said she didn't want to let me know she was tired and I was trying to keep going to keep up with her! Need for better communication :P. That said, I am still someone who wants to see and do as much as possible in the short time I am in a place. If I want to rest, I can do a staycation and sit in the recliner all day and read or watch TV!

3 Chase cards in 12 months doesn’t seem crazy...if she didn’t already maybe she should reduce her credit limits on the cards she has and try again in 30 days
Her reasons were: Insufficient business credit info, too many active account or too much available credit, high balance compared to limits, insufficient business revenue. Their list was long :scared:. Funny thing is that she has a legit business and used her EIN to apply for the mariott biz. It was the most outrageous hassle I had ever seen. They wanted a boatload of random paperwork which she had and sent in at a Chase branch and then they claimed they never got it--multiple phone calls later they finally approved her. It was crazy. So this time I was like 'NO EIN, just sign up under a "business" like I do' (my go to is something like retail, 1200$ revenue, 1-2 years in business).......cue denial! WTH!

3 Chase cards in 12 months isn’t crazy...if she didn’t already maybe she should reduce her credit limits on the cards she has and try again in 30 days
Yeah, I have 6 now in 12 months - CIP, IHG, CIC, CSR, SW biz, SW Personal. I also have a mortgage with them, had a checking and savings (for the bonus), very old CF(10 yrs) and Disney (7 yrs). I do reduce CLs and am under 30% of income with Chase.

Instant Approval for DW on the Citi AA Biz - 70k AA miles to look forward to.
:cheer2:Congratulations :cheer2:

Still hope, I would wait 30 days and try again, especially if the CP is super valuable for her. When were those other apps and current credit extended by chase?

Good idea. Hopefully cool off for a two months or so then retry if she can't make recon work. Thats one thing she has in her corner--ZERO fear of the recon call :mic:. Me? Been doing this for a few years and the thought of talking to an actual person makes me sweaty :scared:. I don't know the limits off the top of my head but I don't think they were anywhere near half of their income or whatever that secret % .

I am in awe at the people that can go from rope drop to close. I can do one or the other but not both! I never got into the midday break cause it feels like it eats up so much time going back and forth. Not to mention being from the West Coast I have a 3 hour time difference working against me. LOL. I will say our first kid free trip I went hardcore every day. The girls were 2 and 6 and the comparison between the ease of just adults and the trip a few months prior where we were lugging strollers and dealing with tantruming kids was mind blowing. Want to go somewhere? Grab your shoes and magic band and go! Who cares if the restaurant doesn't serve mac'n'cheese!? I was so excited I was basically running through the parks because it was so easy.

I love not having to check restaurant menus when I go without my kids. DH and I will be there in April without them. Can't wait! 8-)

We used to be commando travelers, open to close most days. Now I'm into relaxing. So I usually plan for 1/2 days, either morning/afternnon or afternoon/night. Occasionally both with a break of a few hours during the afternoon. I took my DD when she turned 13, just the two of us. She likes the open to close park visits, so that's what we did. Then I took DS earlier this year for his 13th birthday and he's more laid back, likes a break. So we did rope drop, came back to the resort to chill for a few hours, then back for a few more hours at night. Both trips were great. When we go as a family, it's usually morning or night, not both. :-)

Well I’m insane. Just booked a Disneyland trip at the end of January. Used delta skymiles for the flight. Will be flying across the country in peasant class again but maybe one day I’ll get enough for first. We are also staying offsite at the Fairfield Marriott. TBH I’m a little sad about staying off site. But I can’t justify the cost for staying on property when this one is free. The Grand Californian is only $400 a night tho. lol

We are mostly go people on vacation too. We always rope drop, even with kids in their 20s. They all know how much more you can get done. We went on a couples trip once and our friends (also DVC) didn’t want to rope drop. My dh was soooooooo annoyed by the lines we waited in. We do go back in the afternoon and dh and I nap LOL. The kids of course don’t. On other vacations we are out early go all day, but I do usually like to chill in the room in the later evening.
Loved Crazy Rich Asians! I watched Bird Box last night, had to see what all the fuss was about.

Her reasons were: Insufficient business credit info, too many active account or too much available credit, high balance compared to limits, insufficient business revenue. Their list was long :scared:. Funny thing is that she has a legit business and used her EIN to apply for the mariott biz. It was the most outrageous hassle I had ever seen. They wanted a boatload of random paperwork which she had and sent in at a Chase branch and then they claimed they never got it--multiple phone calls later they finally approved her. It was crazy. So this time I was like 'NO EIN, just sign up under a "business" like I do' (my go to is something like retail, 1200$ revenue, 1-2 years in business).......cue denial! WTH!

Sounds like in order to increase her odds of be approved she would need to lower credit limits on her existing cards and pay off most of the balances before the cards close so Chase sees a low utilization.

We were on the rope drop till closing team when we were younger. Then we moved to the rope drop until afternoon break team, going back in the evenings and closing down the parks. Now we're more in the rope drop, afternoon break, evening touring but not quite until closing team. :P

@mmmears I listed what I was going to do from Spokane. Forgot to mention Sandpoint, Idaho. I haven't been but saw it on some travel show or something and did a small amount of research. It is just an hour from Spokane and looks very scenic. Has a lake, hiking, mountains, skiing in winter, downtown with some shops/restaurants.

I rechecked my Glacier travel time. To West Glacier it is about a 5 hour drive so that might not be a full day for you. I was adding that to after flying almost the same amount of time (including layovers) so my travel day would be 10 hours.

Thanks for the info. 5 hours is long for us, but might work. I would like to go to GNP. I haven't heard of Sandpoint, but I have heard of Coeur d'Alene (sp?) and was going to check that out.

My BIL specifically asked if we were going to do rope drop when we told him about the trip. Apparently when he went with a friend and her parents last year, they slept until 10 every day and didn’t get to the park until noon. He said he was basically screaming internally with rage the whole time, but felt it would be rude to leave them.

Ack. What a waste. We traveled with late risers and never again. It wasn't to Disney and I told them that we don't do Disney with friends because we do rope drop, and there was no way they would ever do that.

I really enjoyed crazy rich asians. It was one where I was excited they made thr book into the movie. I know people like thr books but I wasn't interested in reading about it and love thr visuals of the movie which are way better than my imagination would have done.

I hope oceans 8 is good. I liked the first 4 of them with George Clooney 11 first then 13 then rat pack original then 12.

Thanks! I put it on hold. All about eve is next since there were already copies available I just have to wait for it to get to my library.

It was definitely a fun movie and all the filming locations really made it interesting. I love the oceans movies too.

Well I’m insane. Just booked a Disneyland trip at the end of January. Used delta skymiles for the flight. Will be flying across the country in peasant class again but maybe one day I’ll get enough for first. We are also staying offsite at the Fairfield Marriott. TBH I’m a little sad about staying off site. But I can’t justify the cost for staying on property when this one is free. The Grand Californian is only $400 a night tho. lol

Hey, any trip to DL is wonderful!

We're doing the same, except SW Points/CP and the Sheraton! :)

I wish I could make myself pay GC prices, as it is such a lovely hotel, but I just can't. I'm really hoping for a nice, quiet week. All signs point to yes given DL's hotel & ticket discounting and their choice to schedule the DVC event that week. Fingers crossed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!