I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't heard back on my SM about a match to a higher offer yet on my AA biz. I also haven't bought the $250 gift card yet (which will be reimbursed)...but I will report back on both when I know more!

I'm really behind so you may have updated this since you first posted...

I asked for a match on my pers AA right around when you did yours (I know yours was biz) and I got the letter yesterday saying they would deposit 20,000 points into my account. So we shall see. Fingers crossed for you, I am sure you will hear soon!

I am hoping to get the credit on taxes/fees paid on points flights. I will admit that this card/app was one of my least thought out ever, so I have no idea if that will credit. Worst case I'll buy gcs, I could use those too.

If you hold the biz and personal you are supposed to get 20% back in points on all bookings. For our family of 4 it’s pretty close to the CP benefit and I prefer JB to SW (and more nonstops from Boston). I haven’t used the points yet so that’s a bummer it’s a hassle getting them back. Usually JB is pretty good so that’s a bummer!
How do you get 20% back? 10% off on each card held? And they said the new booking method was 10% off upfront when booking now. I've now gotten the 'points will show in 6 weeks' answer from them. Even tho I like the BOS nonstops,and the nice flight amenities, I much prefer the direct simplicity of SWA. Never had to work so hard chasing points in my life!

a couple of questions...... so my amex biz green..... am I in that 'no bonus' category? I got it, spent a small amount on it, was supposed to get like 5k points for one purchase,it's been two months and nothing. Do I have to call? I didn't get a popup while applying....
2nd..... can I do modified DD with a CIP,and next day within 24 hours a Hyatt app? or is that not considered a DD?

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Grand Cayman?

I've stayed in GC twice although not at the R-C. It's a gorgeous property though!
Some reviews for you:

https://lajollamom.com/ritz-carlton-grand-cayman-review/
https://milestomemories.boardingarea.com/review-the-ritz-carlton-grand-cayman/

I echo @striker1064 --the R-Cs I've been fortunate enough to visit do not seem to care at all about status, so I don't know if I'd bank on any perk from that. I view R-C sort of like DCL-book the room you're happy to have because upgrades don't happen normally.

Hope your son and husband will get onboard!

Has anyone stayed at the Ritz-Carlton in Grand Cayman? I might have just booked it for one of our summer vacations...My thinking...the points price will be jumping so 240k points + $425 for resort fees when the room would cost $5321 is a pretty good value for my points. And with being Platinum. I am hoping that gets us free perks. Plus I choose the dates where SW had the lowest fares. Now to sell the idea to DH and DS when they wake up.

I’ve been for likely the same reason as you: cpp value. Platinum didn’t matter for me. No waiving of fees, no upgrade, no club level, no breakfast, etc. Its a very nice property on 7 mile.
5 nights is more than enough of the Caymans for me, but if you’re a beach person, you’ll enjoy it. The Marriott there is also really nice and is a category lower. I don’t know if the 40k is worth downgrading, but check the fee difference.

AirBnBs are relatively cheap there as well, I don’t know if I’d blow 240k for a beach resort with those fees, as I’ve always found I spend a ton of money at really nice resorts where I wouldn’t have had I stayed at a cheaper one.
But that’s me, so it all depends on your preferences.

I believe there are other feds on this board. I am lucky that my agency is fully funded so I will still get my paycheck on Fri. But DOI processes our payroll and those poor people are furloughed but some will work so they can process our payroll. Pretty sad state of affairs.

My son-in-law is an air traffic controller...so far he’s been paid...but I’ve no idea of they are fully funded or not

I have the Barclay's Aviator Biz and Citi AA Biz; just gotten this year. So I would need a mailer now if I want to churn. I do have the one personal mailer but no personal cards yet...

Yes, I used my AA Citi Biz the same way. Easy to knock out MSR that way.

That might be it. I don't have the CC, just the account. I think last year in the early part, the Delta CCs had some high bonuses. Maybe just wait and see?

That sounds like fun... for the adult kids if they come. I am not too sure how much trekking up the glacier my knees can do. Snorkeling in Alaska? I have to google that now.
when we did our 'cheapo' cruise..... we did no excursions that cost $$$. We did a DIY tour of each stop our -favorite was Sitka. In Juneau,we rented a car for $65 (don't expect a lot lol) and drove over to the glacier area,and spent the afternoon hiking the trails over the glacier. It was awesome. There's a tiny shed with a few beaters for rent right at the docks.
In Ketchikan we just decided to walk the town and shop (I liked the shopping,I still wear my ring I bought) but the guys in my fam all hated it,and headed back to the boat pretty quickly. It was cool, but not exciting for us.
Sitka....it was beautiful. We all loved this town! we did a combo of walking and buses thru town,and visited the Raptor center, the Bear center ( a true highlight!!) and just sightseeing the pretty and short town trails. The town bus is a short bus and costs like 2.00 to ride around,the locals were quite friendly and talkative. We even stopped at the local post office and convenience store to pick up a bag of chips for snacking along our way.... We've all been whale watching before,and nothing else really appealed to us. The kayaking out by Mendenhall glacier looked fun, but none of us cared that much about doing that. We always timed our DIY excursions around our oh so important eating times back on our boat!

2nd..... can I do modified DD with a CIP,and next day within 24 hours a Hyatt app? or is that not considered a DD?

That’s not a DD or MDD.

You won’t want to apply for a Hyatt until you find out you’re approved for the CIP. Otherwise, if it hasn’t been manually reviewed (which most Chase Biz cards are), they’ll deny you for 1/30.

What’s your 5/24? And if you want a Hyatt, I’d grab it before the signup drops on 1/10

This is every Disney trip for us. If we don’t come home absolutely exhausted, we don’t consider the trip a success :rotfl2:

I can't do that anymore! We did commando our first two days our last trip and by day 3 we were both just worthless. DH and I vowed "never again." It's easy to get sucked in to the Disney excitement tho. There's just so much to do and we always hop so before you know it, you've seen all 4 parks in one day, walked 14 miles and even had dinner at Disney Springs... while "relaxing" lol. #Insanity

And as a bit of a :(--Priority Pass decided to charge a guest fee to my CSR- they charged it today for our visit November 9th! Craziness. We had 7 people total and PP covered 6 (2 members, 4 guests). However it was just at the Capers Cafe where you order to-go basically. We did 2 transactions of <$84 because, duh, the credit for 3x28$. Not to mention that place was pure chaos that morning. How they even deciphered who was with who is beyond me. It irks me they added a guest that we didn't do or buy anything for. Part of me wants to fight it but I feel like it will be an uphill battle? . Would I contact PP or Chase? I don't even know! LOL.

We had a similar situation and I did fight it. I still had my receipt and called Amex. Had to speak to a supervisor, but they refunded it. They told me that they just have to absorb the charge and it was a courtesy. Good luck!

I can't do that anymore! We did commando our first two days our last trip and by day 3 we were both just worthless. DH and I vowed "never again." It's easy to get sucked in to the Disney excitement tho. There's just so much to do and we always hop so before you know it, you've seen all 4 parks in one day, walked 14 miles and even had dinner at Disney Springs... while "relaxing" lol. #Insanity
Dh and I definitely ran ourselves thin on our October wdw trip. We had to make ourselves relax one day at the bc. Dh took a 3 hour nap and I went swimming/tanning. We actually came home saying we didn’t want to do Disney for awhile because of it. Next time we go we will definitely be scheduling more resort time. Now that we’ve seen/done pretty much everything in the parks it’ll be fun to have some more down time

Well, because I messed up a Swagbucks deal, I have officially hit the minimum spend on the DHs SW Priority even though I need to return something to Kohls. DH needs a couple things this morning that will go on the Biz - it's got $550 left to go after returns. I think after today I'll grab it, put a car payment through Plastiq, and call it quits. Actually, I just checked and the next statement closes at the end of the month, so scratch that, we'll probably hit it with non-category organic spend. Need to redo DHs wallet.

Also it's January, that means DH needs to call about his Cap One card. It's just a Platinum Mastercard, which is a no fee no benefits card... except when DH signed up, he has a $19 fee... Not sure if it was the secured version originally? But the fee needs to go. It's his oldest card, so I hate to close it, fingers crossed it can go to a no fee version. He got an email from Credit Karma about an account getting closed which is what made me think of it. The closed account was his Jared card from when he bought my engagement ring. Good riddance! They switched from whoever did their cards to Commenity in Fall 2017, and it became two accounts on his credit report both with the original opening date. He's got that Sears card that was threatening to be closed at the end of the month too... it's the one where they sent the offer for $60 back on $300 spend. I was just ignoring it, but now I'm thinking I should just grab a Disney card for 20% off and put it towards ILs room, then cover the charge with URs. Their room is $464; that would put them at $439 for just under 34k URs.

Since my CIC was approved, I will set into motion my plan to churn my Arrival... I've got an itch for another card though, being close to SW spend finished and I could make CIC and Arrival spends by paying off my card. I'm feeling a bit of FOMO for not trying to triple dip a Platinum, though I probably need another high fee card like I need a hole in my head. Oh, I also got the last of my CSR travel credit yesterday, so I'm going to try and call today to downgrade that to a Freedom. Hopefully that means a 9-10 month AF refund since I was charged mine on Nov 1st.

This is every Disney trip for us. If we don’t come home absolutely exhausted, we don’t consider the trip a success :rotfl2:
Need a vacation from your vacation seems to be my motto...

I believe there are other feds on this board. I am lucky that my agency is fully funded so I will still get my paycheck on Fri. But DOI processes our payroll and those poor people are furloughed but some will work so they can process our payroll. Pretty sad state of affairs.

DH's agency is fully funded also. But the first thing I did Thursday morning was make sure his paycheck was actually in the bank. That was my first question to him about if he is funded what about who processes his paycheck. It is scary. I don't really trust that things won't change for the worse though.

Okay I'm really sorry if I've already asked this, but is the BOA Premier Rewards card able to PC to a no AF card?
We chose to cancel after a year. I'm pretty sure they offered another option. Even with the AF, you come out +$5 if you choose to keep it ($100 travel credit vs. $95 AF).

Was all excited yesterday, got an envelope with a new card in it just in time for DDs tuition that was due yesterday. Just assumed it was my new United card that I was hoping to use. Went to pay it late last night and opened the envelope to find my new FU card that I had just product changed my CSP from. :badpc::badpc:
Used DHs SW card, so that is finished, but it only needed about $400 to finish off the spend. Grrr

Remember when I was complaining about taking Christmas money to the bank? Well, before we went, I pulled out our lock box because I also had checks from my grandpa for my birthday (Oct), our anniversary (Sept), and Christmas... and I found another $200 in cash I had forgotten about! It was from DHs grandma, $100 for my birthday and $100 for our anniversary. This is why I can't have cash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts