I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well life happens and unexpected expenses come up! It looks like I will probably need a new furnace and air conditioner. Fortunately the company I plan on using will take a credit card payment so I should be able to clear both the CSR and CSP MSRs.
This also leaves me with no place to charge approximately $3,000 in Apple devices this fall. I know another Chase card is off the table. I do not want to risk a shutdown. I called Citi and it will change one of my current cards to a Double Cash card without a hard pull. The rep said I would even keep the same account number. I figure 2% cash back is better than nothing.

I totally get this! Dh discovered yesterday he needs new tires, and we just finished our last two MSR. I am pretty much tapped out until this fall when I try to double dip something after we move below LOL/24.
On another weird note, how does one become a American AA Gold Member and what does it do for you? I got a nice little folio congratulating me on becoming one, with a membership card. I haven't ever flown AA and closed both of my AA credit cards months ago, and my miles are actually 4 months away from expiring LOL, so not sure how I possibly got gold?

Hope DoC's wrong, hope DoC's wrong, hope Doc's wrong...
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-sapphire-reserve-referral-bonus-offer-has-concluded/

:guilty:

ETA: Not affecting me at the moment. Existing link works and I generated a new one from the app that works too. Haven't tried the general RAF page yet. Maybe that's where this issue is?
ETA2: Yep. I can't figure out how to RAF from my account so I tried the general page and when I put in my CSR info I get that message.

Last edited:
OOooOOooh!

So, an update to my Amex Platinum Ameriprise app. After applying I immediately did a status check since I went pending. That was when I saw that *I* had no pending app but dh did which was definitely an issue considering he isn't going with us on this red-eye flight fest that I specifically wanted the Centurion benefits for....anyways...It said it needed more information and when I clicked the link it again asked my SS# and DOB. After a few minutes I logged back into the status checker and the Platinum now showed under my pending applications. A few minutes later and it changed to approved! :yay::flower1:. I called to see about getting it expedited and the phone rep wasn't so helpful and said it would be 2 days before they even MADE the card so I would have to call back in a few days to then see about getting it expedited. I did a chat right after and the rep said it was confirmed that I was approved and would be on my doorstep within 24-72 hours.:hyper:

I literally don't know how I messed that all up but the computer acted like it was no big deal. Amex really is a honey badger when it comes to applications (please, someone get that reference). Chase would have denied and made you send in a notarized birth certificate :rotfl:. After a few days of some intense abuse in the hard pull department I think I am done with new cards for a bit.

P.S. That's going to be me in the Centurion lounge---->:drinking1

CONGRATULATIONS!

Just be aware of crowding issues at the Centurion Lounge in SEA...: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/96xe63/comment/e44zuxk?st=JKTR8XI1&sh=a54bea3d

:crowded:

I may need to do this before the AMEX, I know I can cover the $8000.00 easy in the 1st month because we are expecting a large bill from our vendor that doesn't charge a fee for using credit cards and my refrigerator is dying. Do I apply back to back for these cards?...
...So do I need to apply elsewhere? I want to support you guys!...
The good news is applying for CSR/CSP won't affect your AMEX application and vice versa.

If you're ready to go for CSR/CSP - then it's pretty easy.

1) You'll ideally want to use 2 different devices or 2 different browsers or do it in Incognito mode. Don't just use the same browser on each app or they might think you made a mistake and remove one as a duplicate
2) Apply for the card you want the most first (probably CSR) in the morning. If you're ready to go...do it today! You can use a DISchurner link too.
3) IF it gets autoapproved move on to step 4...if NOT then check in here for advice
4) On a different device OR a different browser OR in incognito mode...Apply for CSP. You could use a DISchurner link but keep in mind we aren't sure about that additional 5,000 point bonus for adding an Authorized User (AU). It may still work, it may not... (Side note: don't just add your spouse as an AU...we can give you tips on that later, you can add an AU after you're approved).
5) IF the 2nd card gets autoapproved, YAY! If NOT then check in here for advice.

The best day for a double dip is TODAY...because...it's today, LOL! But seriously, you want to do it on a weekday (non holiday) morning. Your CSR could arrive by Friday if you apply today and the CSP would probably show up by the end of next week.

Also - if you can hit the MSRs (minimum spend requirements) on these 2 cards super quick...perhaps you still can book a free room, which we can discuss more in depth if you get the cards!

@Lain, we’ll be there tomorrow until Friday. We just started an Adventures by Disney trip covering Hollywood, the Disney Studios/Imagineering and the parks. Your avatar isn’t going to help me recognize you, lol, but my family looks pretty much the same as in my avatar pic, so give a shout if you see us.

We’re here until Wednesday. The morning was great but by the afternoon . . . SO. MANY. PEOPLE! I’ll keep an eye on the crowds. Like finding Albort. Or a diamond in the rough. In any case, have a great trip!!!

NOOOOOO I had someone's support link I was planning to use as a thank you for supporting me!

Ok, i'm putting the breaks on this for right now. I'm still able to generate a link from the app at least and both the new and old links work fine. With the trouble on CSP and CIP links being reported over the last week I thought there was trouble on the CSR's for some people too and thought this was the outcome. But, could just be a RAF site glitch? But "concluded" is troubling in the error message. Hopefully it's an error on the error.

I’m on my phone right now and it’s glitching for me too. I added two to my cart but at the top it says I have six things. And I proceed to check out and it’s saying due to the size of my order I need to have signature delivery, but regardless I can’t proceed away from that notification.
I was just able to do it on Safari!

On a different device OR a different browser OR in incognito mode...Apply for CSP. You could use a DISchurner link but keep in mind we aren't sure about that additional 5,000 point bonus for adding an Authorized User (AU). It may still work, it may not... (Side note: don't just add your spouse as an AU...we can give you tips on that later, you can add an AU after you're approved).

Wait when did this change?? I used a DISChurners link last month and got the AU bonus for the CSP.

Wait when did this change?? I used a DISChurners link last month and got the AU bonus for the CSP.
The new support links don’t directly show the AU bonus anymore. I suspect it will still post as that offer should be available to any new cardholder but we are putting it out there as a caution to people that there’s a possibility it may not post.

That is so awesome that you can pay for most of the trip, and your mom (inlaws too??) gets treated!! We don't buy the meal plan. My girls and I would NEVER eat enough food to justify the cost. If you don't have big eaters in your group, I wouldn't waste the money. We spend about half of what the meal plan would cost us (yes, I save every receipt and add it up each year just to check and make sure we are still saving by paying OOP) :)

I agree on the meal plan. We have done the whole eat-what-we-want-and-save-receipts thing too. I actually did a write up on it probably 5 years ago on the dis. We always come out way ahead skipping the dining plan. Plus then we have the flexibility to eat how/what/when we want and not have to stick to their parameters.

Really recent, after the CSP outage last week the new offers don't have the AU bonus language. So it's YMMV until we get some reports back of new applications still getting it despite it not being advertised.

Quick question - if we want to pay for a Disney cruise with Chase points in the future, can we still link our placeholder to the TA we like, it would it need to go through Chase? Asking in case we book a placeholder cruise while on board. TAs generally give onboard credit but then am I stuck paying cash?

Anyone ever try to book with UR points? Is it possible if we use a TA? Or would Chase be the TA? Trying to figure out what to do about a placeholder and I’d appreciate any advice.

Apply for the card you want the most first (probably CSR) in the morning. If you're ready to go...do it today! You can use a DISchurner link too.
Done and approved on CSR. Do I wait until afternoon to apply for the other or can I do it now?

(Side note: don't just add your spouse as an AU...we can give you tips on that later
So wait to add my spouse until after I am approved!

I was just able to do it on Safari!

Awesome! Thanks for updating. I have to place an order soon to meet my Citi AA Biz MSR.

The new support links don’t directly show the AU bonus anymore. I suspect it will still post as that offer should be available to any new cardholder but we are putting it out there as a caution to people that there’s a possibility it may not post.

Really recent, after the CSP outage last week the new offers don't have the AU bonus language. So it's YMMV until we get some reports back of new applications still getting it despite it not being advertised.

Ugh, I missed that. I wanted to double dip in like three/four months and there are all these negative changes happening.

Anyone ever try to book with UR points? Is it possible if we use a TA? Or would Chase be the TA? Trying to figure out what to do about a placeholder and I’d appreciate any advice.

Chase would be the TA. Does DCL still automatically assign the current TA to the new placeholder? I haven't used a TA on a DCL cruise since our first (disaster) so it's easy for us but I've been trying to keep up on the policy changes.
If you have a TA on this cruise then book the placeholder and it's auto assigned to that TA, you'd have to ask that TA to transfer it to Chase to use UR on it.

Since we've been happy with getting discounted GC's to pay for it and are happy with the OBC the OBB gets us, I haven't been concerned with trying to use an agency. But I'm curious now that I have the Chase avenue open. I know you could name the TA before but I thought that stopped and they went to the auto-assign and if not it's Disney's and they give you the 30 days to transfer to a new TA. (at some point I have to get back to the DCL boards now that I'm armed with all this travel hacking info here :D)

Quick question - if we want to pay for a Disney cruise with Chase points in the future, can we still link our placeholder to the TA we like, it would it need to go through Chase? Asking in case we book a placeholder cruise while on board. TAs generally give onboard credit but then am I stuck paying cash?
I have been meaning to ask the same thing for the last week and keep forgetting. I'd like to do this as well. I think that since we will be putting the initial deposit down with cash onboard, we won't have to pay with points until final payment is due, or you move it to a specific cruise (instead of placeholder status) since you have to pay the full 10% deposit amount at that time. So, my thought is to pin down a specific cruise onboard if possible so that buys me the longest time to rack up URs to put towards it.

This hardly happens to us, so just want to pick your experiences with having duplicate cards rather than AU's when one person is physically using them in another location. Apparently I have most of the good cards so I packed hubby off on his trip with at least 2 of mine, with my name. Just occurred to me if I try to use one here at the same time am I going to get locked out with fraud alerts?
The main one I'm thinking of is Discover. He's using that for meals this week on his trip. I'm wondering if I can use it too this week or am I stuck with wherever I have a GC to, hehe. I have my CSP as an alternate, but the hold on the room is on my CSR for now cuz it's more than the temp limit on the new Hilton. Is Chase sophisticated enough to cross check products like that for fraud? He's got the actual CSR so I wouldn't be putting any charges on that line.
I use DH's CSR all week long at home and he travels most of every week all over TN. We haven't had a fraud issue related to that.

Done and approved on CSR. Do I wait until afternoon to apply for the other or can I do it now?

So wait to add my spouse until after I am approved!
CONGRATS!! That's great! You can NOW do your CSP application. (Just make sure different device, browser or incognito). You don't need to wait, My caution was just in case the FIRST card went pending, which it didn't - you were AUTO-APPROVED!

Report back on the results of your CSP application too. We aren't going to want to add your spouse at all - Chase has this pesky rule called 5/24 that any new personal CC counts against their 5 card limit. Meaning IF you have 5 personal cards from ANY issuer opened in the past 24 months, they'll stop approving you for new cards. AND unfortunately AU cards count in that mess...

The way around that is to add an AU card for your nickname, your middle name, your kid or something like that (just not your spouse).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter