I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Look under location, category on the bottom left. In the first drop down box, select attractions.

Starting to think I'm not on the right page or something. I don't have any drop down menus on my page at all. LOL

Edited - Nevermind. I found this option. I had to do my search first of course. Silly me. I was looking for it on the main travel page.

Called recon for CSR. Denied due to 5/24. I'm 4/24 but was made an AU for work so that's 5/24. First rep flat out denial. Seconded rep listened and left for a few mins and came back and said I don't meet the profile for this card as I'm just building my credit. 10 years of credit history and never a missed payment or balance carried and I'm not good enough for this card. Grrrh. Gonna call back this afternoon as I'm worried my 2nd rep had to talk to a supervisor & I don't want to be brought up to that same supervisor again.

My dh was denied on CSR for exact same reason. Was at 4/24 but an AU for one of my cards (in last 24 mos). He called twice and denial was not reversed. He has 800+ credit score and 20+ years of credit history (mostly with Chase). The AU card for him was 12/14 so that should have dropped off by now. Thinking we may go into a branch to apply for CSR in another month.

I have a CSR but no CSP. Assuming I keep the CSR for at least another year, am I correct that the csp sign on bonus is worth $750 in the UR portal if I transfer the points to my CSR? I'm going to need tickets to Orlando next summer and would prefer jet blue. Other option is to get a SW card but SW does not fly non stop.

I have a CSR but no CSP. Assuming I keep the CSR for at least another year, am I correct that the csp sign on bonus is worth $750 in the UR portal if I transfer the points to my CSR? I'm going to need tickets to Orlando next summer and would prefer jet blue. Other option is to get a SW card but SW does not fly non stop.

I am still a noobie here with this but I think that is correct. I have been transferring the points from my Freedom to my CSR and they do not seem to be transferring over any differently, and look to be the same as the CSR points. Maybe I am missing something??

I just got my CSP and am working on my spend there :)

I don't understand Chase. Denied me for the csp on Wednesday, but I just snagged the Chase Fairmont card with a $31,000 credit limit. I see the card showing up under my account already. I am 11/24. I need to spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 2 free nights at ANY Fairmont in the world. With summer camp payment coming up on 2/15 and car insurance on 2/28, easy peasy. $0 annual fee first year and $95 after.

Last edited:
Called recon for CSR. Denied due to 5/24. I'm 4/24 but was made an AU for work so that's 5/24. First rep flat out denial. Seconded rep listened and left for a few mins and came back and said I don't meet the profile for this card as I'm just building my credit. 10 years of credit history and never a missed payment or balance carried and I'm not good enough for this card. Grrrh. Gonna call back this afternoon as I'm worried my 2nd rep had to talk to a supervisor & I don't want to be brought up to that same supervisor again.

To get the CSR, you need to have a credit score of minimum 700-750+. They also take income into account with a premium card as well as a measure of ability to pay. But since they mentioned that you are building your credit, I would think that means that they feel your credit score is not high enough.

I am still a noobie here with this but I think that is correct. I have been transferring the points from my Freedom to my CSR and they do not seem to be transferring over any differently, and look to be the same as the CSR points. Maybe I am missing something??

I just got my CSP and am working on my spend there :)

I think @havaneselover is referring to the better redemption per point through CSR - the points will look the same until you go through the UR site to redeem them, then they will be worth more through the CSR UR site.

I don't understand Chase. Denied me for the csp on Wednesday, but I just snagged the Chase Fairmont card with a $31,000 credit limit. I see the card showing up under my account already. I am 11/24. I need to spend $3,000 in 3 months to get 2 free nights at ANY Fairmont in the world. With summer camp payment coming up on 2/15 and car insurance on 2/28, easy peasy. $0 annual fee first year and $95 after.

Tried to sign up for this but got the "we need more time" response. Deciding if I want to mess with calling Chase or just wait and see what happens. I am somewhat concerned because I just got approved for the Chase United card about a week ago, and I think I recall some kind of Chase limit about one card per 30 days?

Tried to sign up for this but got the "we need more time" response. Deciding if I want to mess with calling Chase or just wait and see what happens. I am somewhat concerned because I just got approved for the Chase United card about a week ago, and I think I recall some kind of Chase limit about one card per 30 days?
Yes, I've heard of that rule. Did you apply through the backdoor link? If you did, I don't think I would call to put eyes on your application. Wait it out, more than likely you'll be approved.

Yes, I've heard of that rule. Did you apply through the backdoor link? If you did, I don't think I would call to put eyes on your application. Wait it out, more than likely you'll be approved.

Good advice! I didn't really want to call anyway and try to explain why I need all these new credit cards . . . "Hi, my name is Amy and I am addicted to sign-up bonuses."

I've been doing A LOT of reading up on all this... the Fairmont Card is not included in the 5/24 rule along with a few other co-branded cards (like the Disney one). The CSP is included in the 5/24 as that's purely a Chase card.
ETA where I got my info: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/

I've been doing A LOT of reading up on all this... the Fairmont Card is not included in the 5/24 rule along with a few other co-branded cards (like the Disney one). The CSP is included in the 5/24 as that's purely a Chase card.
ETA where I got my info: http://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-524-rule-explained-detail-need-know/
That explains it, but you'd think they'd rather give me 5k which is the minimum credit limit for the csp, instead of 31k??? Which has less risk??

pixiedust:!!! Called my 3rd time, explained I thought there was a hang up because of being an authorized user but that I had no responsibility for the account, rep went away for a couple minutes came back and asked if I wanted them to review it without including the AU account I said yes, he came back a few minutes later and confirmed everything that I put on my application [if you have a copy of your app get it out when calling recon, I did, it helps the nerves to see exactly what you know they're seeing], left for a longer period of time and came back and said he was submitting my app for final approval and I could still be denied as final approval can override his decision but I should expect to hear something in 1-2 weeks probably sooner and to watch my online Chase account! I'VE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY TO PAY $450!

2 lessons learned: 1) If the rep flat out says AU accounts count toward your recently opened accounts HUCA then and there. 2) Read between the lines if you have a rep that sounds like they're trying to help you. The 2nd rep asked about the AU account and in that I said I use the account once in a while and she told me that because I said I use the account she can't help me and then mentioned the call was being recorded so she can't go back on that but she'd check with her supervisor. When she came back she said my credit history was too short. Bless her heart I think the rep would have Gibb's slapped me on the back of the head if she could have when I kept pushing at that point. 10 year credit history, credit score over 800- the woman was trying so hard to tell me to hang up, try again, and don't say the wrong thing without loosing her job. Man was I dense.

Best of luck to all applying with Chase! And if you've been denied due to newly opened AU accounts recon for sure and HUCA if you don't like the answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter