I love credit cards so much!

Discussion in 'Budget Board' started by FairestOfThemAll37, Jul 18, 2016.

1. hsmamato2

hsmamato2 <font color=magenta>Tink in Training-Good Girl,Bad

I have a question..... is there any 'lounge perk' with the Biz card at Swolphin?

2. wendow

wendow DIS Veteran

Right. I didn't want the no fee Sapphire either but I just got stuck there cause I also PC'ed my CSR around the same time and I changed it to a CFU. Didn't need another Freedom so I've just been sitting with the no fee Sapphire. I did SM them to move the CL and they are doing that.

Chase has changed how they are letting people PC cards since you asked about it. The change seems to have happened right after Christmas. Since then, it seems Chase is requiring you to call them and not allowing PC's through SM'ing. I'm not sure what your options will be but you are probably just going to need to call and ask :)

eeyoresmom and Lain like this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. wendow

wendow DIS Veteran

Bummer! It was 2.5% yesterday. I wonder how much it fluctuates?? I've never seen spg be anything other than 2.5% when I've checked.

5. marsh0013

marsh0013 i want to drive the zamboni

Yes this is happening to me everywhere on disboards. No idea why. (Sorry I'm behind and catching up if someone already addressed this!)

Livelovedance likes this.
  6. peel

peel makes some great points

That's good to know. If I decide to buy points I'll keep checking before I pull the trigger.

wendow likes this.
  7. Mopedmom1

Mopedmom1 DIS Veteran

My dh is going to Cincinnati..........not the same. o_O

8. Albort

Albort ODV Crew

Are you within a year of app? if that the case, then yes it make sense that you need to transfer it to a CS first, then to an CF/CFU. If its outside of the 1 year mark, then it doesnt make sense, you should be able to transfer directly to a CF/CFU.

Interesting enough, SPG allowed 40k last year. in dec, they allowed anyone who already bought 30k to get an additional 10k. I also took advantage of that since it was also 35% off.

I asked the same question to SPG about this, lounge access applies ONLY to Sheraton. It does not apply to Westin lounges, Mereidian lounges, etc.

Cincinnati doesnt have a disneyland 6 miles away though... SUPER not the same... :P

9. Angrose

Angrose DIS Veteran

I hear ya! We're going down to LA in a few weeks to use up the last few days of our Universal Studios AP. Everything is planned and booked and then I'm like, um, it's only a 45min train ride to Anaheim and it's my birthday weekend, so......yep, I extended the trip for myself and booked a night at the Grand! Using points, of course, lol!

kmc8826, CyndiLouWho, wendow and 5 others like this.
  10. pillow

pillow DIS Veteran

DH and I have a Baja cruise planned for next spring and thought we'd fly into LA and go to Universal and do a few other touristy things there. Is Universal a 1 or 2 day affair? Any hotel recommendations?

Angrose likes this.
  11. Albort

Albort ODV Crew

i took the trains from Fullerton to Universal. was pretty fun and relaxing.

one day is plenty imo. If you get the front of the line pass, you will for sure be done within a day.

Angrose, pillow and gottalovepluto like this.
  12. disneymagicgirl

disneymagicgirl Been there, Done that, Going back!

Awesome!

Lain likes this.
  13. Angrose

Angrose DIS Veteran

You can definitely do it in one day. The park is not that big at all. We went for the first time last year just for the Harry Potter stuff and we were done in a few hours! It's fun to spend the rest of the time looking at the details. The APs were only $10 more than a one day ticket so that's the only reason we got them. We stay at the Hilton University City that is right there across the street or they have a shuttle. There is also a Sheraton right there too.

pillow likes this.
  14. DisneyMandC

DisneyMandC DIS Veteran

Guys... no updates since 4:00?? Usually by the time I get home from work, feed the animals, and eat dinner, I'm two pages behind :rotfl2:Surely someone met a minimum spend or book a trip in the last three hours!

15. lovewdwfun

lovewdwfun Mouseketeer

Well, since you asked...I used my Chase UR points to book a Disneyland package. We were able to call them to book a Good Neighbor hotel and ticket package, so we got the 50% point bonus on the tickets as well! 7 nights with 5-day parkhoppers for a family of 6. We will use our Delta points for the Delta Amexes for flights. 3 nights in San Diego with our Marriott points and the rental car will be with more UR points. It’s an $8K vacation for free!

16. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

Ok, if it makes you feel better ... Adventures by Disney announced they were going to Japan next year. So, that's where we are going next year. We won't know dates, cost or itinerary until the spring. Probably in May. That means we need more AA miles and more AS miles as a back up. DH has applied for a 60k AA business card and was approved. We are hoping to fly Cathay Pacific this time.

17. DisneyMandC

DisneyMandC DIS Veteran

Are you able to use UR for ABD at all? I didn't know how the point breakdown worked and if that was the type of thing you could book through Tour and Cruise Dept, or if you were just getting your flights on points.

calypso726 likes this.
  18. AmyAnne

AmyAnne DIS Veteran

Japan is one place I would so love to go back to -- but cherry blossoms would have to be on the itinerary.

calypso726 likes this.
  19. calypso726

calypso726 Escaping reality one Disney vacation at a time

I don't know. I've never tried or looked into it. We get the flights on points. We buy Disney gift cards at 5x UR/$ and then pay for the ABD trip with Disney GCs. The China ABD we are on this May was $7899 pp, so $15,798. If I could pay for that with UR points I would need over

one-million-points.jpg

Alice Sr., peel, schmass and 7 others like this.
  20. Livelovedance

Livelovedance Mouseketeer

I am soooo glad to hear it’s not just me! I did get a reply, and the person said it wasn’t on the post that I replied to, but it was on my side. Coincidentally, it happened on their reply to me as well! Sorry to everyone for the off topic posts. I’m not sure why it’s happening, but I’m so relieved to know I’m not the only one!

miztressuz and marsh0013 like this.
  21. Alexle2007

Alexle2007 DIS Veteran

Yay, just received the email from Marriott for the 20k referral points for DH. Just need to make it to the orthodontist’s office and we will meet that spend. Booked a surprise trip to Universal to celebrate DS’s 11th birthday! Airfare free with SW points and CP, Portofino for $100 a night thanks to my nephew working there and we have APs. One of DS’s favorite singers (the “Handclap” song guy) will be there Sun night for a free concert so now to talk DH into staying until Mon morning so we can catch that concert. DS will miss an extra day of school and he really doesn’t want him missing school. I got him to concede to Fri since it is an early dismissal day anyhow.

peel, gottalovepluto, Angrose and 6 others like this.