I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need some advice on a plan going forward for the next year... you guys have been so helpful answering my many questions, so I hope you can bear with me!

My cards:
1. CSP in 9/17 which I added DH on as an authorized user (because, yay, more points! right? oops.)
2. Chase Freedom in 10/17 which I also added DH on as an authorized user.
3. Marriott Business in 1/18.

Vacation plans:
1. Big family Disney trip in Fall 2019. Would like to cover as much as possible with UR points since DH and I are planning to pay for on property hotel and tickets in full, and as much dining as we can muster.
2. Japan in 2020 for the Summer Olympics.

My Marriott Business card should be here today and I should be able to meet the MSR on that fairly quickly (a month to six weeks). After that, I want DH to get the CIP, and then refer me for it after we meet the MSR on the first one.

I was initially afraid to get the CSR because of the high annual fee, even though I know we get the $300 travel credit. However, I am realizing that the best bang for my buck in redeeming UR points for Disney will be to book with the CSR. So now I'm wondering if/when I should get DH to get a CSR? Obviously, I will need to remove him from the CSP as an authorized user to do this. When is the best time to remove him in order for him to apply for this? Towards the end of the year? Do I keep my CSP after we get CSR, or cancel it?

Lot of questions, I know, but I would love to get a roadmap from the experts here on how best to navigate the remaining Chase cards!

ETA: DH and I are both under 5/24, and would be even with getting CSR and CIP.

I need some advice on a plan going forward for the next year... you guys have been so helpful answering my many questions, so I hope you can bear with me!

My cards:
1. CSP in 9/17 which I added DH on as an authorized user (because, yay, more points! right? oops.)

Vacation plans:
1. Big family Disney trip in Fall 2019. Would like to cover as much as possible with UR points since DH and I are planning to pay for on property hotel and tickets in full, and as much dining as we can muster.

My Marriott Business card should be here today and I should be able to meet the MSR on that fairly quickly (a month to six weeks). After that, I want DH to get the CIP, and then refer me for it after we meet the MSR on the first one.

I was initially afraid to get the CSR because of the high annual fee, even though I know we get the $300 travel credit. However, I am realizing that the best bang for my buck in redeeming UR points for Disney will be to book with the CSR. So now I'm wondering if/when I should get DH to get a CSR? Obviously, I will need to remove him from the CSP as an authorized user to do this. When is the best time to remove him in order for him to apply for this? Towards the end of the year? Do I keep my CSP after we get CSR, or cancel it?

Lot of questions, I know, but I would love to get a roadmap from the experts here on how best to navigate the remaining Chase cards!

I'm not going to be much help but do you have CF? If you do I wanted to point out that by just maxing out the quarterly bonus in three quarters, your CSR becomes a better value than CSP.

I didn't realize you couldn't get CSR if you were an AU on CSP??? After he gets CSR, I would downgrade your CSP and order a replacement card for CSR so you both have one.

Last edited:
I'm not going to be much help but do you have CF? If you do I wanted to point out that by just maxing out the quarterly bonus in three quarters, you CSR becomes a better value than CSP.

I didn't realize you couldn't get CSR if you were an AU on CSP??? After he gets CSR, I would downgrade your CSP and order a replacement card for CSR so you both have one.

Yes! I do have a CF, that was our second card in 10/17. We are set to max the quarterly bonus here in the next two weeks. Would I be allowed to downgrade my CSP to a CFU when I already have CF?

I finally pulled the trigger on the spg biz!!!! it autofilled most stuff,and approved instantly!!!! now I have to get to selling some stuff asap as planned..... remind me, is all regular spend ok for this card? I can buy whatever I usually do to hit spend without worry,right? (no ms) I actually intend to keep this set aside for my paypal acct anyway so it's for real for that purpose

I finally pulled the trigger on the spg biz!!!! it autofilled most stuff,and approved instantly!!!! now I have to get to selling some stuff asap as planned..... remind me, is all regular spend ok for this card? I can buy whatever I usually do to hit spend without worry,right? (no ms) I actually intend to keep this set aside for my paypal acct anyway so it's for real for that purpose
I did a boatload through plastiq, and Indiegogo and dining, amazon etc. No issues getting my bonus. I have moved on the DH's now :-), where 20% of it was done in one shot through Paypal. Of course I have a lot more to go to get the bonus on his to make sure that isn't an issue.

My cards:

Vacation plans:

Cancel now, remove AU, continue using AU card. One thing we noticed here is that the card number with Primary account holder and AU is exactly the same. Same goes with expiration date, and 3 digit security code. Its basically a copy of your own CC but with different name.

if your DH is below 5/24 even with the AU, then it shouldnt matter either. But id probably cancel AU then request all 3 bureaus to remove AU.
If your paying an AF for your CSP, i might be better to PC your CSP to a freedom and AU under the CSR.

that doesnt sound right. AU on a Sapphire card wont disqualify the AU for a Sapphire.

I did a boatload through plastiq, and Indiegogo and dining, amazon etc. No issues getting my bonus. I have moved on the DH's now :-), where 20% of it was done in one shot through Paypal. Of course I have a lot more to go to get the bonus on his to make sure that isn't an issue.

can confirm here as well, i did around $7k of $10k on plastiq with my SPG biz. also got my 35k.

Does anyone know if tires purchased at BJ's would count toward the wholesale club quarterly bonus on the DiscoverIt card? DH will get 10% back since it is his first year having the card but I'm not sure if tires will trigger it.

I can't believe I joined twitter but I did to get Marriott Reward points - up to 2,125. I am not sure how I got 625 just for linking and following on Twitter but not going to complain. Those were easy points to accumulate. Thanks to everyone who pointed out it was going on and the answers!

Applied for the CIP. I used a link on the dischurn reddit group to do this. Was wondering if the person will get points right away or only if I am approved? I didn't message anyone as I was not sure if I should wait until I was approved.
Got the 30 day message. I am going to wait it out. I was hoping for instant gratification, so that is the mostly good part!

Fingers crossed you get approved soon for the CIP! It’s my favorite card right now. And the 80k UR signup bonus makes it a no brainer. It’s totally normal to get the 30 days message. Just call the automated status line at 1-800-432-3117 periodically to check the progress of your application. When you get approved, you can call CIP's customer service line at 1-800-945-2028 to request the card expedited to you. And thanks for supporting a fellow DISchurner! The lucky member should see a surprise in their account some time after you’ve been approved.

APPROVED!!! I just called and they were more than happy to expedite the card. Might even get it tomorrow!! So excited as this week my husband found the new dining room furniture he wants and it was killing me that I would not have this card to use. Now it looks very likely I will have it and that might be the entire min spend.

Data point for others: I used Retail: Hobby (crochet and knit handmade items) as my business and $500 as annual revenue. Credit score 800+; 0/24; Chase Freedom and Disney Cards (open forever ago) and Chase Checking/Savings (opened in January).

Cancel now, remove AU, continue using AU card. One thing we noticed here is that the card number with Primary account holder and AU is exactly the same. Same goes with expiration date, and 3 digit security code. Its basically a copy of your own CC but with different name.

if your DH is below 5/24 even with the AU, then it shouldnt matter either. But id probably cancel AU then request all 3 bureaus to remove AU.
If your paying an AF for your CSP, i might be better to PC your CSP to a freedom and AU under the CSR.

Wait, but I can't PC the CSP to a Freedom when I already have a Freedom right?

Don't forget there is also the AARP member $200 discount for business class bookings which is nice to stack with a fare sale! I've also had good experiences with BA.

Yes, I *love* the AARP discount. I've used it a number of times. My problem is that I would love to figure out how to get the AARP discount and still be able to book directly through AMEX to get my 5x MR. I have the business platinum so I have to book directly through the amex site. PITA and the one thing I don't like at the business version of the card. The 50% miles back WERE fabulous. 35% less so.

Yes, everything seems to fine on this card. (And congrats!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter