I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never stayed there before, but it's a pretty good location. It's right above a Walgreen's so you can get supplies at not too inflated prices. Across the street is the Marriott Springhill Suites with a CVS on the ground floor. Both are newer hotels built within the last 5 years or so. Both are very walkable (<~10 minutes) to Disneyland's eastern gate; once you get to bag check though... that's another story.
Bag check is the worst part. We've stayed at Alpine Inn on both of our other trips. It's right behind Radiator Springs Racers, so this is probably the teeniest bit shorter of a walk but involves crossing streets :)

AHH so sorry- one more question.... I'm at lol/24,and I won't be eligible for any chase cards for a while yet.... since my dh got the FU,and I'd like to use it too,should I go ahead and get an AU card for this one? what's the best method to get a 2nd card here?

I'm not keeping up with all the BB info... which cards does this work on? (and I assume its the $300 limit)

Yes $300 limit. I got three separate emails. One for Freedom, one for Freedom Unlimited, one for Sapphire Reserve. My understanding is it also works for Sapphire Preferred.

AHH so sorry- one more question.... I'm at lol/24,and I won't be eligible for any chase cards for a while yet.... since my dh got the FU,and I'd like to use it too,should I go ahead and get an AU card for this one? what's the best method to get a 2nd card here?

If you want to do the BB deal I would just download chase pay on his account and use it that way.

I’m trying to convince my SO to go back to Disneyland this year and stay at the Hyatt House. It looks great and only 12,000 points!!! Maybe by the end of the year we will have vacation time....

Bag check is the worst part. We've stayed at Alpine Inn on both of our other trips. It's right behind Radiator Springs Racers, so this is probably the teeniest bit shorter of a walk but involves crossing streets :)

I’ve seen the Alpine Inn; never stayed there. We stay at the Hilton Anaheim a lot and take the side service street that runs perpendicular to Katella and facing the Alpine Inn on our walks to the park. It seems like such a holdover from another time (not saying that’s a bad thing; we love the Candy cane Inn), especially with all the new convention hotels popping up all around it.

All these wonderful Chase offers and I'm stuck trying to meet the Amex BGR :sad: it's a 5K spend so every penny has to go towards that - since not everyone takes Amex. At leas

@WDWRook @mfly @SouthFayetteFan

An exciting update! I just got off the phone with Chase and Melissa was able to successfully transfer my Disney direct booked Bounce Back w/Dinning reservation over to Chase. I am now able to use 1.5x Points to pay for the reservation. One nice thing was I am $200-ish shy so she said I can wait until I have earned the rest of the points to pay it off so that's nice!

The process so far has been extremely easy. Booked on the phone with Disney using the bounce back offer and paid the $200 package deposit, then within 30days (and not paid off) transfer it to Chase. I just needed to fill out the TA transfer form and email it back signed then it took Disney about a week to process it.

If anyone would like to do this I highly recommend talking to Melissa, her extension is 4179 (Call 855-234-2542 and ask for the Travel and Cruise Dept, then her extension). She said that they do get credit for the bookings and that it was alright to share her info. She was great to work with and followed up several times when Disney had not processed it yet to let me know she'd been checking.

Last edited:
I'm exactly the same but 824 score for the Disney card. I called the auto line and it said they had nothing on file for me. I spoke with someone and she said it didn't go through and I should reapply because something must have been messed up. I reapplied and called back...still nothing on file and the lady this time said DON'T reapply. I have no clue whats going on and I'm now thinking I have two applications out for the same card.

Edit: Nevermind. I just called and they said 7-10 days for the first application and approved for the second application. I'm guessing that means the first was declined. Glad I didn't have to deal with a mess.

Thanks for posting this and making me feel less crazy! I just had a similar messy application experience with the Disney card, too. Maybe they had some sort of issue with their system? I applied 1/14 and got the 30 day message (I applied for two Chase cards the same day and got approved immediately for the first). Nothing was showing up for me online and calling the auto line it just had the info for my first (approved) application. Today the card showed up on my Chase account online and I could call the auto line and hear that I was approved with all if the appropriate details (I wanted to see how the phone line managed it since I couldn't find that info when searching online). Hope this helps someone else out there who might be confused about what is happening with their Disney card.

@WDWRook @mfly @SouthFayetteFan

An exciting update! I just got off the phone with Chase and Melissa was able to successfully transfer my Disney direct booked Bounce Back w/Dinning reservation over to Chase. I am now able to use 1.5x Points to pay for the reservation. Once nice thing was I am $200-ish shy so she said I can wait until I have earned the rest of the points to pay it off so that's nice!

The process so far has been extremely easy. Booked on the phone with Disney using the bounce back offer and paid the $200 package deposit, then within 30days (and not paid off) transfer it to Chase. I just needed to fill out the TA transfer form and email it back signed then it took Disney about a week to process it.

If anyone would like to do this I highly recommend talking to Melissa, her extension is 4179 (Call 855-234-2542 and ask for the Travel and Cruise Dept, then her extension). She said that they do get credit for the bookings and that it was alright to share her info. She was great to work with and followed up several times when Disney had not processed it yet to let me know she'd been checking.
Thanks for the thorough follow up! This is awesome news!

No go on adding the Metabank VGCs from Staples to Apple Pay Cash. I guess they are not considered an “eligible prepaid card.” Oh well, it was worth trying.

It's now working on all UR earning cards, but the limit was dropped from $400 to $300.
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/chase-pay-10x-10-points-best-buy-400-new-offer/

Thank you for posting that! I haven’t received any of the emails but only got the 10x on $300 of my $1500 Freedom purchase at BB earlier this week. Glad to see that it’s extended on the other cards.

Friday nights plans: I’ll be going to BB after work to max out the CSR and CFU cards. #partyanimal

:dancer:

Thank you for posting that! I haven’t received any of the emails but only got the 10x on $300 of my $1500 Freedom purchase at BB earlier this week. Glad to see that it’s extended on the other cards.

Friday nights plans: I’ll be going to BB after work to max out the CSR and CFU cards. #partyanimal

For the Freedom, there's no advantage to first maximizing the first quarter bonus and then doing the Best Buy deal, correct?

I’ve seen the Alpine Inn; never stayed there. We stay at the Hilton Anaheim a lot and take the side service street that runs perpendicular to Katella and facing the Alpine Inn on our walks to the park. It seems like such a holdover from another time (not saying that’s a bad thing; we love the Candy cane Inn), especially with all the new convention hotels popping up all around it.
Alpine had the best cash price (that had good reviews) for our two trips. It's just your basic motel, but it's always been clean and staff has been super friendly both times. Breakfast was fruit, granola bars, and packaged pastries that we could eat as we walked to the parks. Our last stay was July 2016 and we had 3 nights with family and 3 nights without (they headed off to do other things). Splitting a room with the in-laws saved almost $600 for the 3 nights vs separate rooms, so we booked their family suite (your standard 2 queen motel room, with a separate bedroom off it with queen bed, desk, and tv). Before doing this I sent them an email about our luggage, to see if they could hold it for us and mentioned we had enjoyed our stay the previous year. They said of course they'd keep the luggage, etc. Well the day comes and the rest of the family is slowly getting their things together, but we want to head to the parks so we stopped in the office. The staff waited for the family to finish up, moved our things for us (including the shampoo/razor my MIL left in the shower), and that night we just stopped by for our key. They were the first place I looked for our April trip, but they're not coming up on any third party sites or the UR portal. :(

I mean, if I find a better deal with points with good reviews I'm gonna take it, but I wouldn't hesitate to stay at Alpine.

Last night at dinner when the bill came, my husband spontaneously ordered a dessert to go. After the waiter walked away, I asked him:

Are we going to go lay in bed and eat this while we watch Netflix? :rotfl:

For the Freedom, there's no advantage to first maximizing the first quarter bonus and then doing the Best Buy deal, correct?
No, because this counts toward the $1500 limit. I read that if you're over $1500 and use this deal you'll get 6%/6x. I'll have to find where I saw that.

I know we've talked about Google Express on this board before so I just had to share this. I ordered a book of 100 stamps from Costco last week with the 20% Google Express code. This is how they arrived today...

View attachment 296414

Thank goodness they were so well protected with the multiple plastic bags of air! Wouldn't want them to get damaged!:rotfl2:
No, because this counts toward the $1500 limit. I read that if you're over $1500 and use this deal you'll get 6%/6x. I'll have to find where I saw that.
I saw the same. I'll probably do $300 on CSR and CSP, but save the rest of what I need to spend to max out my CF bonus for TRU Gift of College.

Also, just confirming with a regular BB rewards account, this is a 16% (15% when transferred to CSR and redeemed in UR portal + 1% in BB rewards).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter