I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We stayed at the Fairfield back in October. That trip happened to fall on Gay Days weekend, so most of the neighboring Marriotts were booked. I think the Fairfield itself was pretty well booked because my lowly Gold status got us only a 2nd Floor room overlooking the pool.

Keep in mind that the Fairfield has open walkways, unlike the Sheraton that has enclosed hallways, so the Fairfield feels like a motel. The Fairfield had a refresh somewhat recently, so the rooms look more updated than the Sheraton’s, but because the windows look out to open walkways it still feels like a motel. Our bathroom was really small, with just a toilet, shower and tub; the vanity was outside next to a bit of a nook for the closet. The updates aren’t exactly luxe quality, so don’t expect anything fancy. We didn’t spend too much time in the room, so it was alright.

Still, the location is pretty hard to beat. The hotel itself is situated a bit far back on the lot away from Harbor. So it does take a short walk to get onto Harbor. There’s a Panera Bread and McDonald’s right as you join up with Harbor, turn left and there’s, I think, two other properties before you hit the crosswalk to Disneyland’s eastern gateway. It’s like a 5 minute walk to bag check, maybe a few minutes more if you hit foot traffic or a stop light.

My biggest complaint was there are no Starbucks on property or on the way to the parks. We like to caffeine up before or on our way to Disneyland, and don’t like grabbing coffee at the Starbucks in DTD (other side of bag check and away from the parks) or in the parks (who wants to be waiting in line for coffee when we’re trying to make rope drop?). For two mornings, since I wake up much earlier than the rest of my family, I actually walked the long stretch of Harbor to the Starbucks in the Hyatt Place on Katella to grab coffee, tea, and pastries.

Oh, one minor irritation. I noticed the Fairfield charged us for parking even though we only took Uber. I disputed the charge and someone from billing called to confirm and refund the charge.

Have fun!

Thanks! I’ll be sure to check for a parking fee to make sure they dont charge us. The motel style isn’t ideal, but the inside of the rooms look nice.

Looked at it for this weekend out of curiosity.
So I can redeem 100k points for 4 nights or I can pay the cash rate of $341 ($85/nt.) for a studio.

Or

I can use 48,000 points PLUS $480 for a family suite if I want to redeem points. Alternative l can book the same room all cash for total of $404 ($101/night.)

What a joke. Clearly Marriott has some point redemption issues to sort out.o_O

I will keep it tucked away in case I need it though. Thanks for sharing!

I did it!!

We had a great weekend. Billy Joel was great, what a fun show! And the rear view seats were awesome. It's obvious too how used to entire arena shows they all are too, because everyone in the band spent a lot of time facing back as well as front, and always waving every way to acknowledge applause. We spent Fri/Sat at Universal and Sun/Mon at Disney. After all of the talk here, I had to go to Homecomin' - at least I didn't have to twist DHs arm for that. Uni wasn't too bad and we managed, since we are spoiled it was our first trip without EP. Disney FPs ended up being okay - I even got same day FOP FPs as a 4th FP! And then when we got in line, I got another set! But the ride went down before we could use them.

We spent about $160 on ubers though :earseek: I remember someone mentioned ancillary costs, there they are! At least it was already budgeted/paid for and all acquired at ~10% off, except the last $10. We also had some bad uber luck that made that about $40 higher than it would have been... When we landed Thurs night we got hit with surge pricing from the airport and it was $46 to go to the Universal hotel, double what it normally is. Then Friday after the concert it took us an hour from when we called an uber to get to Citywalk. There was a mess between construction and the police randomly opening and closing roads... after 15 mins, the first uber cancelled on us. The next guy stuck with us even though it took him probably 25 mins to get to us... for a $12/15min trip to Citywalk, so he got a really big tip. That was the only time I wished we had a car - but hotel parking alone for 4 nights would have been $90. A rental plus gas plus concert parking would have been more than $70 so we still came out ahead. I'm glad we got to go down there because there's a good chance DH is going to have a busy few months at work. He is still requesting an Arts Festival weekend though :P Spoiled. Since we flew Frontier home we made a quick stop in the PP lounge before flying home. They had sandwiches, soup, salad and pasta salad, and cookies/candy. I was glad we were able to do that for 'free' vs getting snacks at one of the shops, and also to take drinks with us since Frontier charges. Especially since we missed stopping at Timberline on Thursday.

CIP has $455 to go (1/31), SW Biz has $300 to go (2/17), and time to start the CIC! Feeling antsy about trying to churn my arrival even though it's only been 10 days since I closed it :laughing:

Looked at it for this weekend out of curiosity.
So I can redeem 100k points for 4 nights or I can pay the cash rate of $341 ($85/nt.) for a studio.

Or

I can use 48,000 points PLUS $480 for a family suite if I want to redeem points. Alternative l can book the same room all cash for total of $404 ($101/night.)

What a joke. Clearly Marriott has some point redemption issues to sort out.o_O

I will keep it tucked away in case I need it though. Thanks for sharing!
Total joke! I’m considering it for 7-night cert if I absolutely cannot find another use. Or take the 75k points for cancelling. But seems better to find some way to use.

That is exactly what I did. I downgraded to Virtual Wallet and moved all but $550 to Growth. I'm currently receiving 2.4%. I just need to make 5 purchases a month, which is what I do from the Spend account by amazon reloads (hence keeping a little more than $500 in there). Even if I forget to make the 5 purchases, I get 2.35%. I'm in RI. I am planning on keeping this account!

I considered getting rid of my Webster account but PNC doesn't allow mobile MO deposits while Webster does. I need that feature for MS purposes.
Awesome! I had no idea! I use TD for MOs too. They gave a bonus for opening an account also

Go for BoA first. They are much more inquiry sensitive than Citi, by a large margin. If you start racking up inquiries/new accounts with Citi, you'll never break into BoA.
Makes sense. Thank you! We need to offset our rail passes which are around $550 for Japan

Got DH's Rose Gold card. It's not too pink, lol. Used Grubhub pickup for lunch at work. Spent $12.50. If the 20% off dining applies, then lunch was "free". :) Went through Ibotta for 4% cashback. Any other stacking opportunities without having to create a new account?

For the airline incidentals credit - since it's a new card, can I put off picking an airline? I may end up having to buy a gift card and sell it. Did a cursory look, looks like Southwest GCs get the best price?

I have a mailer I can give you. It may expire before you are ready for your second one but I should be getting more. I won’t charge I just need you to promise you won’t come to my address and stalk me lol.
a6ed823427ad5230383cd7bad98e0fcd.gif

For the airline incidentals credit - since it's a new card, can I put off picking an airline? I may end up having to buy a gift card and sell it. Did a cursory look, looks like Southwest GCs get the best price?

SW GCs are currently flooded. advised not go get SW cards currently.
DL cards will be flooded coming in 2 months, buy now and sell now.
AA cards are still pretty stable and in my opinion the safest route.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter