I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
As it relates to CIP and Hyatt Support Links:
This might be an r/churning comment worth following today to see what's up: https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/a2zpsm/daily_discussion_thread_december_04_2018/eb2e3co/

I'm not a big fan of AK and his drama over there but if somebody knows something, r/churning is where we'd probably find out. Hopefully it's just a glitch or they are refreshing those card links and NOT going away. Cross your fingers friends!

I had someone planning to apply for CIP tonight from my link. This is bad news and terrible timing.

Interesting... this is news to me and a change from before. Wonder if Chase is doing this with all their cards now. I know URs post at statement close. Marriott I'm not sure. Ritz free nights used to post when the charge putting you over MSR was still pending. I'm almost certain this was a cause of issues on Reddit last year though, Southwest points were posting before statement close and messing up the CP.

Also I think I'm just more confused now. If the points post at statement close, what difference would it make at this point for @Jax1023? It's within the statement period for 1/2, so conceivably all spending up to MSR could be done now safely and the points will post at statement close. But that's not the conventional wisdom that I've seen. What difference does it make at this point to finish the spend on January 1?

I honestly think it has to do with these reports of chase “gifting” point early before the minimum spend is met.

I personally feel this is just people who didn’t track closely enough- had a return or didn’t count the annual fee or soenthing and accidentally hit the minimum spend before they meant to.

I don’t really need the points before 2/2 so I’ll likely wait until January to finish the spend just to be cautious, but I personally think I could meet the anytime now that my December statement has closed and the points wouldn’t post until sometime in early January.

I think last year there were a lot of issues because the personal 60k offer expired in October. So people had to time everything carefully to not hit the spend within the December statement period but before 115 days were up.

We're heading down the last week of January. I'm fairly certain my wife would think I'm insane if I bought a random blogger a meal, lol. But it's something I'll keep in mind for the future haha!

I'm going down that week too. DD19 moves into her DCP!! Would your wife think you are insane for buying a random disser a meal?:rotfl2:

Dang it. My CIP#2 application just went from 2 Weeks to 7-10 Days. Now what. I am at 4/24. I have a $3000 tuition payment for DS due this month and really want a card to put it on. They don't take AMEX. Any suggestions. Do you think they could want EIN info or was it just too close to CIP#1 (which was in August). Arghhhh.

DH was also denied on Citi AA Business - too many inquiries. What are their rules and should I try reapplying again on this. (He has 6 new cards since 5/29/18 4 of which are business cards)

I am open to any suggestions. Hate not having an MSR when I have a $3000 payment to make...

My girls trip I talked about earlier is finally here! I leave early Thursday morning. It was supposed to be 4 of us, all of us were neighbors a few years ago, but 2 of them moved away. So we are coming from 3 different airports, but my friend and I were going together. Which was great because we are both nervous flyers and we could be nervous together. Unfortunately she had to back out because unexpected surgery came up. So anyone want to be my SW companion and hold my hand????? lol I am soooooo not looking forward to this.

Can someone point me towards the best dates to change my payment due date to to try and get my SW CP faster? I know it's a risk, but since I pretty much can't use CP on the trip in January, I'm okay taking a risk trying to get the points to post earlier in general.

Currently:
  • Biz card closed on 25th, due date is Dec 22nd
  • Personal card doesn't have close date posted, due date is Jan 11th
Looking, maybe personal card is okay as it should close a few days before Jan 11th...? So really just want to move Biz to earlier in the month if possible.

Someone may have mentioned this on the pages I've yet to read, but your close for the personal should be 12/15. So if you want the biz to close at the same time, just pick the same date.

No, I am able to logon to my and DH's account accounts without any problems on my iPhone.
and the offers show for his accounts? I can log in, but offers won't show if mine show. I have to delete and reinstall then log in as him for them to show, but then mine don't show.

I have a $3000 tuition payment for DS due this month and really want a card to put it on. They don't take AMEX.
Maybe you can use Plastiq with the AMEX if you are trying to hit MSR, otherwise probably not a good idea with the fee

My girls trip I talked about earlier is finally here! I leave early Thursday morning. It was supposed to be 4 of us, all of us were neighbors a few years ago, but 2 of them moved away. So we are coming from 3 different airports, but my friend and I were going together. Which was great because we are both nervous flyers and we could be nervous together. Unfortunately she had to back out because unexpected surgery came up. So anyone want to be my SW companion and hold my hand????? lol I am soooooo not looking forward to this.

Where did you decide to go?

I opened the Amex Plat last month after being targeted for the 100k offer. I finally saw that my statement close is mid-December. I can do the Triple Dip, right?

Plat Travel Credit:
We only have plans to fly American next year for one round trip...already paid for, seats assigned. We might check 1 bag, but that won't be decided until packing time. I read a recent article on MMS about which airlines credit the $200 travel credit for purchasing gift cards: Delta, SW, and American. Anything change? We have no use for SW, and am planning on listing any GC on Raise, but I probably would pick American just in case it doesn't sell.

In case I can't sell the American GC's, and I get them in $100 denominations, can these be used for general airfare, or if I want, to pay for the checked bag next year? Any other thoughts?

Saks Credit:
I have only seen very few reports of the credit working for in-store GC purchase. Any other insight? I don't really have any need for anything from Saks (especially that can be bought for $50 or less).

I'm not an AA expert but I believe to trigger the credit they need to be no greater than $100 denominations and IIRC, you can use up to 8 gc for booking flights, so they should work out well for you.

I've used my Saks credits for supergoop! sunscreen (I swear by this) and ahem...unmentionables. Nothing fancy but everyday use items. Since I probably go through 10 bottles of supergoop! a year, this helps me out. Must love Florida sunshine 8-)

Looks like I might have to spend some money on a Xmas tree.

The top third of my pre lit tree is not working. I only put one tree up these days inside and gave away my other ones last year.
Last year the middle of my tree stopped working. I am too cheap to buy another one, so we just wrap lights around that area and it looks fine (at least to me).

Where did you decide to go?

Flying into FLL then driving to Key West. Looking forward to sunshine!! But may I add I am also a little terrified of the ocean as well. lol I am just a bundle of fun. They are talking about going snorkeling and other "fun" stuff and I am like, ummm, have fun, I will find something else to do. I have snorkeled before, and like flying, I can probably force myself to do it again, but ughhhh.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter