I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes :D The credit works for UberEats too.

We are Simple Country Folk here, so food delivery would be very exotic when we travel and want to eat without going anywhere. Couldn’t use it at home, but it would definitely me more useful than using it for a ride while away from home. We always have a car wherever we go.

Maybe so...? I just would be afraid to get that close to the MSR until I was ready for those points...just in case! Are you trying for CP?

Yeah. And I’m just realizing now I can use the points before getting to 110k. Our first trip isn’t till 3/2, so once the personal points post in mid January I can book a seat for my son, and then change him to my companion in February and get the points refunded. Seems like there’s plenty of seats available on the plane right now.

Do Amex referral links in emails expire? Just wondering if I should have them resend the referral email before I apply for the Hilton biz. I had one sent from P2’s acct on Nov. 16.

Have you tried wardrobe? I just did and loves it! The selection is smaller but I got 8 pair o jeans to try at home (over $500) choose the one that I liked the most and sent the rest back! And my card was only charged for the jeans I kept. This is great for me since I never go to stores anymore!
I haven't yet. Just stick to the stuff that offers free returns so far. Wardrobe sounds nice that it doesn't charge you until you decide. The couple times I glanced through the things they had were more than I wanted to spend, or the wrong size, that kind of thing. I didn't look for dresses today though!
This is how I've gotten to be. It's not so much hate that I know exactly what type of clothes I like to wear now, and I'm not going to spend time trying on a bunch of random other stuff that I know I'm highly unlikely to like. I know I'm going to get jeans from Old Navy Tall section, dresses from the random Chinese store on Amazon, and shirts and sweaters from the men's section of most stores (the joys of being a 6' woman). DH LOVES to shop though, so he is always looking for an excuse to go to the outlets.
DH is worse than me. Thank goodness I can just watch for deals on his jeans and shoes since they're the same type always. I hate looking for jeans. I swear every time I find a style I like, they revamp or discontinue it. And I have to start all over again. Then I need them for work, but I don't want nice jeans for work, so often end up at Goodwill. My current favorite pair of non-work jeans came from there... Lucky jeans for $7.99 - I couldn't pass that up! Now I just want enough things to get by - I have two nice sleeveless dresses, two summery casual dresses, one winter casual dress. I just don't have anything dressy with a sleeve. I keep two pairs of heeled sandals, one black and one brown. The same thing with closed toe heels. Flats in a few colors, a couple sandals, since I mainly go for flat shoes. I should really purge my tops again. I know what I'll wear and what I won't now. My biggest issue is I work a bunch and have a few things I'll wear all the time outside that, then something pops up and I either have nothing, or the thing I have doesn't fit, and I always figure it out last minute. At least last time that led to me getting a nice sleeveless dress that I like so much better than any other one I've owned :)

Last edited:
So my statement date for my southwest business card is 1/2.

Risks of hitting the spend prior to 1/1? Or coming within like 100 bucks and getting gas and groceries 1/1? Even if I do that, the charges would likely be pending on 1/2. I’d really like the bonus points to post 1/2.

My plus is a lot more straightforward with a 1/15 close date. I’ll take it up to like 1750 and then stop till after the new year

I’ve read this too, but I feel like this is an urban legend perpetuated by people who forgot about returns or the annual fee

Are these new cards that don't have a Dec statement? I did the CP for 2018-2019. My statement dates were the 1st and 4th of the month. After my Dec statement closed on 12/1 and 12/4, I was free to complete my spend so around 12/15, I spent the remaining $500 on each of my cards so that when 1/1 and 1/4 came I was at $2000 on each (I had the plus and premier).

If you are looking to have CP come Jan so you will want to complete your spend in mid-late Dec (like 12/26) for the Biz to make the 60k bonus post in Jan. If you wait until the end of the month, the transactions may go pending and not post until your Feb statement.

I will forewarn you that when my statement closed on 1/1, I could see the bonus points on my Chase statement but Southwest took almost 3 weeks to post the bonus points. My points from the 1/4 posted before the 1/1 but after people whose statements had closed in mid Jan.

Can someone point me towards the best dates to change my payment due date to to try and get my SW CP faster? I know it's a risk, but since I pretty much can't use CP on the trip in January, I'm okay taking a risk trying to get the points to post earlier in general.

Currently:
  • Biz card closed on 25th, due date is Dec 22nd
  • Personal card doesn't have close date posted, due date is Jan 11th
Looking, maybe personal card is okay as it should close a few days before Jan 11th...? So really just want to move Biz to earlier in the month if possible.

Are these new cards that don't have a Dec statement? I did the CP for 2018-2019. My statement dates were the 1st and 4th of the month. After my Dec statement closed on 12/1 and 12/4, I was free to complete my spend so around 12/15, I spent the remaining $500 on each of my cards so that when 1/1 and 1/4 came I was at $2000 on each (I had the plus and premier).

If you are looking to have CP come Jan so you will want to complete your spend in mid-late Dec (like 12/26) for the Biz to make the 60k bonus post in Jan. If you wait until the end of the month, the transactions may go pending and not post until your Feb statement.

I will forewarn you that when my statement closed on 1/1, I could see the bonus points on my Chase statement but Southwest took almost 3 weeks to post the bonus points. My points from the 1/4 posted before the 1/1 but after people whose statements had closed in mid Jan.

New cards- but I already had a 12/2 statement for the biz and will have a 12/15 for the personal. I’m currently 1300 in on the biz and 700 on the personal.

I can wait till feb for the companion pass - our first planned flight is 3/2. So I guess if I make it by the 1/15 statement for the personal and the 2/2 statement for the biz I’ll be good. Leaves me with a month leeway for the points to post.

I referred someone for the CSP card to receive 10,000 URs. They were approved, have received and activated the card, and are putting spend on the card. When should I see the 10,000 URs in my account? Thanks!

Yes :D The credit works for UberEats too.

Anyone have any experience with UberEats being outside of the delivery area? The line where they STOP delivering is ON MY STREET--and I am just about two houses on the WRONG side! No biggie....I just put in the address of my neighbor and chose the "pick up outside" option. But, has anyone ever used the note feature to tell the driver to keep trucking two more houses down the street? My driver didn't seem to know the answer. Ideally, I'd like them to come to my door! Ha!

Also....I've had food delivered to my husband's office, or a friend's house to utilize the monthly credits. NOT going to let them go to waste. Even if it is overpriced, etc.

The 20k MR points from enrolling my Biz Plat and Biz Green in Pay Over Time on Saturday posted today.

Tagging @tink1970, @Calfan, @SBWB48, @wendow, @schmass.

DH's & my 10k from our Biz green both posted today as well :)

Mark me another happy camper! My 10K from Biz Green and 10K from Biz Gold posted, as well.

Me too! 20k additional MR points in my account this morning: 10k from Biz Plat and 10k from Biz Green :). Will keep looking for offers on Gold and Biz Gold.

Anyone have any experience with UberEats being outside of the delivery area? The line where they STOP delivering is ON MY STREET--and I am just about two houses on the WRONG side! No biggie....I just put in the address of my neighbor and chose the "pick up outside" option. But, has anyone ever used the note feature to tell the driver to keep trucking two more houses down the street? My driver didn't seem to know the answer. Ideally, I'd like them to come to my door! Ha!

Also....I've had food delivered to my husband's office, or a friend's house to utilize the monthly credits. NOT going to let them go to waste. Even if it is overpriced, etc.
Interesting question. I live in a subdivision of 1600 homes. It looks like about half my subdivision can get it but I'm about a quarter mile from the border. It's very strange ad irritating.

Wow. Awesome post. Thank you.

I don't have a real thought out plan frankly. Here is what I have.

CSR
Ink Cash (just got this two months ago)
Freedom
Freedom unlimited
Disney (no fee version)
Amazon
I had the CSP and converted it to the Freedom 6 months ago.
Wife - Freedom (converted from the CSP)
Wife - CIP

I intend to keep the cards I have long term. I have a legit business, but it's newer, and it has it's own FEIN and it is my income. The Ink Chase only game me a small credit because I had too much credit extended so I dropped credit levels on the cards I don't use as much (only a few weeks ago, so not all are showing on my credit report yet). Also, our household income just went up considerably so I'm now around 30% of available credit to household income (using just my cards and my biz card but using wife's income). 60%my credit is on the CSR, but I like that I can buy just about anything on that (including I'm hoping I can get Subaru to let me buy my car off lease via credit card).

I do plan to get the IHG card to start a plan to eventually return to Tahiti and use some points at the Intercontinental. I travel 4-6 times a year for work (which I pay for). And Disney or DCL once a year, including hopefully Hawaii in the next couple of years.

So the only cards I have my eye on, really, are:

IHG
Delta (just because they have the most nonstop flights)
Hotel card (Marriott, SPG, Hyatt, doesn't really matter to me)
Maybe, eventually, Southwest, but I never fly Southwest just because they have no nonstop flights.

Otherwise, i'm not sure what my plan or goal is. Collect as many points as possible and then spend them on some trip I would not otherwise spend cash on.

At only 2/24, and with an EIN, I'd seriously consider hitting up all the Ink cards (CIP, CIU, and CIC) on your SSN, and again with your EIN. You already have the CIC, I'm assuming under your SSN. You can go for the CIP (80k UR) and the CIU (50k UR), and get all the Inks again under your EIN while you're still under 5/24. You have to be under 5/24 to be approved for the Ink cards, but they don't add to your 5/24 count. Keep your credit lines low and space out your apps every 2-3 months, and you should be fine for approvals. Get P2 involved too, since you can pool URs within the same household!

With free hotel stays being a goal, almost anyone will tell you that UR transfers to Hyatt 1:1 for some really awesome redemptions. (Almost no one would recommend transferring URs 1:1 to Marriott.) URs have amazing flexibility and can be used to transfer to Chase's airline and hotel partners directly, or used to book cash rates on the Chase Ultimate Rewards travel portal at 1.5 cent per point value through your CSR.

Interspersed between Ink applications, I'd throw in the Chase Hyatt and IHG cards, which will take up two more slots of your 5/24, but still leave you at only 4/24 and free to keep applying for those Ink cards. The Hyatt card has a
60k points tiered bonus: 40k points after $3k spend in the first 3 months, and an additional 20k points after $6k total spend within the first 6 months. (Someone check me, but I think this may be the best offer on the Hyatt card.) The IHG card has a current offer of only 80k points, which is down from a high of 100k points + $50 statement credit that expired a few months back. Try to apply when the offers are at a high.

ETA: I don't have any thoughts about Delta, other than I doubt any Delta card offer is worth a 5/24 slot. I believe Amex does offer a Gold and Platinum Delta business credit card, which won't add to your 5/24 count and throw off any of the above suggestions. I defer to @tink1970, @kmc8826, and @gottalovepluto who know more about the Delta card offerings.

Last edited:

Ooh thanks for the idea about delivering to husbands work. I never thought of that but my dh works in a much busier area than we live in so that might open up some options for us. Sorry, no idea if the driver would go two more houses down if you put that in the notes. I would think they wouldn’t mind.

Can someone point me towards the best dates to change my payment due date to to try and get my SW CP faster? I know it's a risk, but since I pretty much can't use CP on the trip in January, I'm okay taking a risk trying to get the points to post earlier in general.

Currently:
  • Biz card closed on 25th, due date is Dec 22nd
  • Personal card doesn't have close date posted, due date is Jan 11th
Looking, maybe personal card is okay as it should close a few days before Jan 11th...? So really just want to move Biz to earlier in the month if possible.

My personal has a 1/12 due date and I sm’d for my statement date and they said 12/15. So yours would like be similar. Seemed early too me but that’s what they said.

So my statement date for my southwest business card is 1/2.

Risks of hitting the spend prior to 1/1? Or coming within like 100 bucks and getting gas and groceries 1/1? Even if I do that, the charges would likely be pending on 1/2. I’d really like the bonus points to post 1/2.

My plus is a lot more straightforward with a 1/15 close date. I’ll take it up to like 1750 and then stop till after the new year

I think you know this from reading other posts, but just to make sure - SW points don't post at statement close. They post when you hit MSR. So your statement date isn't all that important here. You have to ensure you haven't hit that spend before January, but you are good after January.

$100 is cutting it close but it should be fine. But again, another point to remember is DPs from last year indicated Chase doesn't factor out credits. A dollar spent is a dollar spent toward MSR.

I think you know this from reading other posts, but just to make sure - SW points don't post at statement close. They post when you hit MSR. So your statement date isn't all that important here. You have to ensure you haven't hit that spend before January, but you are good after January.

$100 is cutting it close but it should be fine. But again, another point to remember is DPs from last year indicated Chase doesn't factor out credits. A dollar spent is a dollar spent toward MSR.

Really? So if my statement closes 1/2 and I hit the msr on 1/7 I won’t have to wait till 2/2 for my points? That seems.... unusual.

Mark me another happy camper! My 10K from Biz Green and 10K from Biz Gold posted, as well.

Soliciting advice on my plans for Amex Biz cards with the ugly (to me) change in Biz Plat.

In March (anniversary), change Biz Plat to (new) Biz Gold product. The AF is $295 but MRs used for reward tickets earn 25% MRs back. Since I've never used this feature and probably won't for another year to 18 months, feel that the 35% back (biz plat) v 25% back (new biz gold) isn't worth the difference in 2 AFs (ie, not worth $600 to me in 10% MR earning difference).

Keep my BGR since they don't automatically convert like the personal gold did--then in August when the AF is due ($175 I believe) pc to Biz Green ($95 AF). I'll then have a biz gold (new format) for the 25% back on MRs used for tickets through Amex Travel, 4X gas and restaurants and 2 Biz Greens, which I will drop over a couple of years. Savings in AF=$390 for 2019, another $95 (dropping my 2018 biz green) in 2020.

Keep Plat and Gold personals since I use lounges (so do AUs) and the 4XMR on grocery and restaurants work for me.

I'm hoping this will keep the Amex RATs happy! That and continuing to spend 6 figures (gulp) with their product will hopefully allow me to obtain the only (for now) 2 cards I really want from them (BBP and HH Aspire). Those mental gymnastics (ie, which 2 credit cards to lose) are tbd.:D

I don't have any answers for you but replying because I also need an exit strategy for my AmEx Biz card (mine is the Biz Plat). I got the card in December of 2016 and the annual fee posted on December 14 last year so I am assuming the annual fee will show up soon.

Can someone remind me what AmEx's policy is for pro-rating the AF? And how long do I have to cancel after the AF fee posts to get a full refund? Advice about when I should cancel this card?

Soliciting advice on my plans for Amex Biz cards with the ugly (to me) change in Biz Plat.

In March (anniversary), change Biz Plat to (new) Biz Gold product. The AF is $295 but MRs used for reward tickets earn 25% MRs back. Since I've never used this feature and probably won't for another year to 18 months, feel that the 35% back (biz plat) v 25% back (new biz gold) isn't worth the difference in 2 AFs (ie, not worth $600 to me in 10% MR earning difference).

Keep my BGR since they don't automatically convert like the personal gold did--then in August when the AF is due ($175 I believe) pc to Biz Green ($95 AF). I'll then have a biz gold (new format) for the 25% back on MRs used for tickets through Amex Travel, 4X gas and restaurants and 2 Biz Greens, which I will drop over a couple of years. Savings in AF=$390 for 2019, another $95 (dropping my 2018 biz green) in 2020.

Keep Plat and Gold personals since I use lounges (so do AUs) and the 4XMR on grocery and restaurants work for me.

I'm hoping this will keep the Amex RATs happy! That and continuing to spend 6 figures (gulp) with their product will hopefully allow me to obtain the only (for now) 2 cards I really want from them (BBP and HH Aspire). Those mental gymnastics (ie, which 2 credit cards to lose) are tbd.:D

I'd be interested in @calypso726 's thoughts, since she got the Biz Plat again recently (without a bonus !) for the 35% MR rebate.

I also do not use shopkicks even though I signed up long ago. I just don't get it. Ibotta is much easier, imo. I have shopped through their links and earned some pretty nice bonuses. I also check my receipts after going to Target, Costco, the grocery store, etc...about 50% of the time...and occasionally there is something I purchased that I get a small rebate for. I do best with the 'any brand' rebates. I have a friend who uses Ibotta and earns about $50/mo back because she goes through the Ibotta app and decides which brands to buy based on that. I never take the time for that sadly.

Agree it was fairly straightforward. I signed up for Boxed on the computer, but then had to download the app in order to go through Ibotta. Made sure to clear my cart just in case. The cashback went pending right away.

Since I had it, I tried it for our Walmart run. But like wendow, only after the fact. Got $0.75 (lol), but plus a first time $2 in store bonus.

I do the ibotta mostly for the any item as it adds up. If I happen to be buying some of the other offers I use it. got a printer for $10 last weekend so sometimes there are some good offers.

Thanks -- I'll see if I can install on my ipad tonight and figure out how to use it to shop at Boxed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter