I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.

:offtopic: I know we have a lot of Hamilton experts on this thread...I may have a chance to see it in Chicago in Dec, so I need help! Has anyone here seen it in Chicago? I'm wondering how bad obstructed or limited view seats are? This would be our first time seeing it, so don't want to miss too much, but we also probably can't spend several hundred dollars.

Also, would Ticketmaster be the best place to get the tickets, or is there somewhere else I should look for a better deal? Is this one of those things that a concierge could help with, or no?

TIA!

:offtopic: I know we have a lot of Hamilton experts on this thread...I may have a chance to see it in Chicago in Dec, so I need help! Has anyone here seen it in Chicago? I'm wondering how bad obstructed or limited view seats are? This would be our first time seeing it, so don't want to miss too much, but we also probably can't spend several hundred dollars.

Also, would Ticketmaster be the best place to get the tickets, or is there somewhere else I should look for a better deal? Is this one of those things that a concierge could help with, or no?

TIA!

I haven't seen Hamilton but will say from an obstructed view seat it's going to depend on what's obstructing it. Is it a handrail? Or are you missing part of the stage?

A handrail often is like someone tall sitting in front of you, you just have to figure out how to block it out and work around it. Not seeing part of the stage, generally it'll be a bit of one side or the other, depends on what all happens there. I saw Phantom of the Opera in SF at the Orpheum while in college because they had a deal for students. It was so cool, we were in one of the boxes along the side, I think just the 3 of us. Anyway we couldn't see all of the stage corner closest to us but for the most part it wasn't an issue because not much went on there.

Some ticket sellers now will tell you what the obstruction is but also try googling to get the view from that seat, I've done that for sporting events when I'm not familiar with the venue. Or if that doesn't work call the box office at the theatre, they'll be able to tell you what the obstruction is and how the view is. I would hope they would be honest about it.

Also - if somebody DOESN'T want me to create the new thread, that's ok too, lol. I don't want just "assume" I'm in control of things here, lol. I just know most of you seem to like me and trust me...I just don't want you thinking I'm trying to create some coup to take over... (besides I already did that when I created DISchurners MUAHAHAHAHA!!! JK JK JK!!)

im sorry, but you are not the Fairest of them All.

I haven't seen Hamilton but will say from an obstructed view seat it's going to depend on what's obstructing it. Is it a handrail? Or are you missing part of the stage?

A handrail often is like someone tall sitting in front of you, you just have to figure out how to block it out and work around it. Not seeing part of the stage, generally it'll be a bit of one side or the other, depends on what all happens there. I saw Phantom of the Opera in SF at the Orpheum while in college because they had a deal for students. It was so cool, we were in one of the boxes along the side, I think just the 3 of us. Anyway we couldn't see all of the stage corner closest to us but for the most part it wasn't an issue because not much went on there.

Some ticket sellers now will tell you what the obstruction is but also try googling to get the view from that seat, I've done that for sporting events when I'm not familiar with the venue. Or if that doesn't work call the box office at the theatre, they'll be able to tell you what the obstruction is and how the view is. I would hope they would be honest about it.

Googling for pictures from the seats is a great idea! I think I'll try that tomorrow. Thank you!

:hug: all the best to you and to your dh

oh my. So sorry for your losses. Prayers for DH. Keep up posted.:grouphug:

I'm so sorry to read about all you're going through. Just glad we're able to provide you with some smiles, laughter and distraction. Best wishes for DH; he'll be in my thoughts.

Will be praying for your dh's surgery. So sorry for all you have going on (((Hugs)))

:grouphug: Hugs and prayers your way. Hope husband's surgery goes well. Posts like this can quickly remind us of our priorities.
Again, thank you all. I'm very touched by your well wishes and prayers.

Sorry to be so :offtopic:. To bring it around, I have been obsessively checking my Chase account and both CSR/CSP are still showing with original CL intact. :rolleyes1

Again, thank you all. I'm very touched by your well wishes and prayers.

Sorry to be so :offtopic:. To bring it around, I have been obsessively checking my Chase account and both CSR/CSP are still showing with original CL intact. :rolleyes1
I can neither confirm nor deny whether I am signing into my wife's Chase account every 30 minutes........OK OK it's actually ever 15 minutes!

Yeeeeah! Congrats - new shirts for your Husband AND a Credit Card...that's a full night :)

Right!?! He sent me 14 shirts to order...yeah, 14...I've ordered two. Only 12 more to go, and he is now on banana republic's website...:headache: He's thin but has broad shoulders so hard to fit. I think he's gonna want to order from several stores. A full night indeed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter