I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes the decision to cancel by CIP so much easier since today is the one year anniversary. I just need for my payment to clear and then I’ll SM to close it.

Were we supposed to see our Starwood point combined in our Marriott reward account today? I checked and mine were not there.

There’s a top-level thread on r/churning now: 3x for Plastiq on CIP likely dead.

No new DPs yet; just lots of griping.

And lo, there was much weeping and gnashing of teeth from Artygal90, who just got started on Plastiq and doesn't want to go back to writing a physical check and driving .25 miles to drop it off every month!

This does make me glad I'm almost done with my CIP MSR. My next payment is scheduled to process on 8/22 so I'll report back if it is really dead. After that I might use Plastiq if I've got a really big MSR to meet and don't mind eating some fees, but besides that I think I'm going to tap out.

This makes the decision to cancel by CIP so much easier since today is the one year anniversary. I just need for my payment to clear and then I’ll SM to close it.

Have you considered the downgrade options? Just in case you haven’t these both have no AF:
-CIC if you don’t already have it for 5x office supply stores
-CIU could be useful if you don’t have a CFU for 1.5x everything

Have you considered the downgrade options? Just in case you haven’t these both have no AF:
-CIC if you don’t already have it for 5x office supply stores
-CIU could be useful if you don’t have a CFU for 1.5x everything
I have. DH has the CIC and I am actually going to apply for the CIU for the bonus :) Just trying to decide if I apply for it while the CIP is open or wait until it is closed.

I agree with @gottalovepluto. It's a YMMV thing so worth a try if you don't mind making the phone call.

Are you over 5/24? I guess I'd apply for the CIC outright if you will be under 5/24 any time soon...and just close the CIP.

I am under 5/24. I was planning sw for my next biz card. Maybe I will hold the CIP til it is 12 mths old then cancel and app for cic. That will space itnout from the sw biz.

So DH has
2/18 CIP
7/31/18 approved sw bus
No other cards in the last who know how long.
AU Disney I think 2015 can’t remember when I applied. I know it’s been over 3 years

When would be a safe time to double dip the sapphires?

Last edited:
So DH has
2/18 CIP
7/31/18 approved sw bus
AU Disney I think 2015 can’t remember when I applied. I know it’s been over 3 years

I tend to be pretty conservative, so I'd probably wait until Nov or Dec.

So DH has
2/18 CIP
7/31/18 approved sw bus

I also do more conservative spacing with Chase. I would not apply until it was at least 3 mos since last app, and I'd probably hold out until closer to 4 mos.

Last edited:
hahahaha, he better keep that car in the garage too!

Ah the pitfalls of overexposure on social media. Anyone with Google knows Keith Rosso drives a white Tesla Model 3 and works at Silverpeak Argentic in Santa Monica. This is all publicly available information that Keith put out himself. No doxxing required.

The irony is all his tweets and instagrams were about his travels, and that Tesla story he retweeted every time it got published somewhere was part of his brand building, and now he’s had to take his entire social media presence private.

Last edited:
hello from crystal mountain WA, on the other side of the mount Rainer
such tragic news of CIP. I only got it got plastiq and its gone dead. :(. but honestly, I wouldn't jump to conclusion just yet. CIP has some very odd coding and glitches, I'd wait a month at least to see what happens before downgrading.

that's just my 2 cents though.

The TPG article on the Marriott conversion- sheesh. Borderline sickening. The author is completely self-congratulatory about how “right” he was. I went back & read his linked article and the genius called cat 1-5 = 1-4, cat 7 = 5, Tier 1-3 = 6. After that the author said the rest was “anyone’s guess” & gave a conservative & generous opinion on what could happen. Literally many of us here could have written that article. One is left with the impression TPG totally nailed this & you’re an idiot if you didn’t see all this coming, better trust them next time since they nailed this! That’s VERY misleading.

*sigh* Just a reminder for our newbies that many travel bloggers are in it for themselves/their company. They will push readers right into bad card offers with no qualms. Always evaluate your sources.

hello from crystal mountain WA, on the other side of the mount Rainer
such tragic news of CIP. I only got it got plastiq and its gone dead. :(. but honestly, I wouldn't jump to conclusion just yet. CIP has some very odd coding and glitches, I'd wait a month at least to see what happens before downgrading.

that's just my 2 cents though.

So happy that you are getting to travel some!! Hope you have a great time, friend!

Ah the pitfalls of overexposure on social media. Anyone with Google knows Keith Rosso drives a white Tesla Model 3 and works at Silverpeak Argentic in Santa Monica. This is all publicly available information that Keith put out himself. No doxxing required.

The irony is all his tweets and instagrams were about his travels, and that Tesla story he retweeted every time it got published somewhere was part of his brand building, and now he’s had to take his entire social media presence private.
Yikes!! Well, the Internet is full of pissed people at the moment. I hope no one he worked with had large payments processing via Plastiq this weekend though!

Dawning realization- I hope that person on Reddit who was gonna buy their whole Tesla with a 9k CIP limit didn’t actually try it already...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter