I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow! You guys are awesome!! Would you be willing to help a newbie with a few questions? I am looking to fund as much of our next disney vacation as possible. My questions are:
We live in an area that has Delta, Frontier, and Spirit. I looked into the chase points exchange and they do not offer either of these airlines as choices in booking flights. We do have southwest, AA, united but they are all with stops and expensive. Would Delta AMEX be a good choice? Right now they are offering 70,000 points. Good Choice?

I would like to earn points toward tickets and rooms.We like to stay onsite. Would would be a good choice for that? TIA:worship:

Ok, so I'm not an expert. Only been at this for about a year. However, almost all my experience/hacking goals are related to Disney trips. You may have gotten all of the info you need, I'm not quite caught up on this thread.

We were kind of in the same boat as you in regards to our Disney travel. We had APs. Were booking rooms, renting DVC. I couldn't wrap my mind around how I would use cc points for Disney travel.

I have found that UR points (points earned from Chase) can be used to book rooms at Disney. You will most likely not want to book directly thru the UR portal, as they're showing the rack rate. Instead, will want to call in the tours and travel dept. They can book at whatever discount you are eligible. AP discount etc... So you get the reduced rate and then...

If you have a CSR you get to redeem at 1.5x value.

So back to what cards to get....
You will want to have the CSR, imo. This is the card you want to book with. It has a hefty 450 af, However it comes with a 300 travel credit (one idea...could buy 1 persons ticket to offset. Pretty sure undercovertourist codes as travel). Also, TSA precheck credit. That could be helpful since you're flying. Those credits really help to bring the AF down to a reasonable amount.

Sign on for CSR is 50k I believe, CSP the same. CIP (business card) is 80k. Ideally, you would want all these cards.

So, this is where I don't want to lead you wrong. But, if it were me and I could meet the spend. I'd prob do the CIP for one of you...and the CSR/CSP double dip for the other. I feel like I would hit this hard, if possible, knocking out the spend so I could book the hotel with the CSR points. Then down the road..Then after that CIP player 1 refers player 2. Eventually do the same with CSR and CSP but prob much later.

If you do the CIP, CSR and CSP combo you should have around 195k UR. For an average stay this will be more than enough points for your room (esp when considering booking with a discount and redeeming at 1.5x with csr). You may have enough to book your fights thru the UR portal.

I know nothing about delta or delta cc's, im sure a delta card (optimally a biz card) would be a great avenue for flights. If the 100k points from a CSR/CSP double dip is enough for you room. You may want to omit the CIP bit and replace with a Delta card.

You def have options, just see what works best for you :) p.s. Disney trips are SO much better when you've used your travel hacking skills to go for cheap!

DPs on reddit are ugly. Someone called it a "bloodbath" and I think that about sums it up. Hard pass.
ETA: saw about 3 approvals, stats appear to have nothing in common. Typical Cap1.

Weirdly, I'm reading DPs where "too few accounts with balance" was listed as a denial, which is... something. I guess if you want this one, let your statement cut on several credit cards with a balance, then apply, and pay off once approved/denied?

Hi guys, a bit:offtopic: but maybe not since I will be using points to book.
I got my points from my CSP MRS have credited into my account so now I am going to go ahead and by the Halloween party tickets and 1 night of hotel with my URs.

I am btw booking Pop or AoA for that night and we will be in AKL before that.
So in your opinion which hotel would be the best for my family? It will be me my DH, DS(5) and DD(2).
Our plan is to check out from AKL and have a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and go to the hotel and enjoy the pool/rest before going to MK for the party. The price difference is $34 or 2267UR.
Is the AoA worth the extra points? Or should I stick to Pop since we will only be staying for 1 night?:fish:

CONGRATS!! That's great! You can NOW do your CSP application. (Just make sure different device, browser or incognito). You don't need to wait, My caution was just in case the FIRST card went pending, which it didn't - you were AUTO-APPROVED!

Report back on the results of your CSP application too. We aren't going to want to add your spouse at all - Chase has this pesky rule called 5/24 that any new personal CC counts against their 5 card limit. Meaning IF you have 5 personal cards from ANY issuer opened in the past 24 months, they'll stop approving you for new cards. AND unfortunately AU cards count in that mess...

The way around that is to add an AU card for your nickname, your middle name, your kid or something like that (just not your spouse).

Inspired by danjoealexis3006 success, I am thinking about getting more cards for DH. He is an AU on my CSP, opened more than 24 months ago, so that would not keep him from getting a CSR, correct? I was going to ask my DD who has a CSR for a referral, now I'm wondering if that will still work.

DH retired last year and I thought we were done with the new card stuff, but so far this year I have opened a Venture and new Marriott for myself, and got DH a gold AmEx. Crazy!

Weirdly, I'm reading DPs where "too few accounts with balance" was listed as a denial, which is... something. I guess if you want this one, let your statement cut on several credit cards with a balance, then apply, and pay off once approved/denied?
Unknown. The reasons are so varied with Cap1 denials/approvals that even r/churning has been unable to figure it out. I remember seeing people with basically the same stats apply for the Venture card, one would be approved and the other denied. Go figure!

Inspired by danjoealexis3006 success, I am thinking about getting more cards for DH. He is an AU on my CSP, opened more than 24 months ago, so that would not keep him from getting a CSR, correct? I was going to ask my DD who has a CSR for a referral, now I'm wondering if that will still work.

DH retired last year and I thought we were done with the new card stuff, but so far this year I have opened a Venture and new Marriott for myself, and got DH a gold AmEx. Crazy!
He'll be fine getting the bonus and his own cards. Go ahead and ask your DD for the referral, some people's are dead but some are still alive. It seems she can't generate it via the website now but she might be able to generate one via the app.

I got my points from my CSP MRS have credited into my account so now I am going to go ahead and by the Halloween party tickets and 1 night of hotel with my URs.

So in your opinion which hotel would be the best for my family? It will be me my DH, DS(5) and DD(2).
Our plan is to check out from AKL and have a late breakfast at 1900 Park Fare and go to the hotel and enjoy the pool/rest before going to MK for the party. The price difference is $34 or 2267UR.
Is the AoA worth the extra points? Or should I stick to Pop since we will only be staying for 1 night?:fish:

Is it for the Little Mermaid rooms, or the suites? Will you be renting a car?

The walk is very long from the LM rooms to the main hall if you will be using WDW transportation.

He'll be fine getting the bonus and his own cards. Go ahead and ask your DD for the referral, some people's are dead but some are still alive. It seems she can't generate it via the website now but she might be able to generate one via the app.

Thanks. I was able to open the AmEx for him without unfreezing his credit with Equifax (he does already have an AmEx Blue cash preferred), suspect will have to unfreeze for Chase though.

The walk is very long from the LM rooms to the main hall if you will be using WDW transportation.

It would be for the Little mermaid rooms and no I won’t have a car.
Yes I read that the LM rooms are the furthest from everything :crazy2:

Yeah the LM rooms are a decent walk, this after walking the park all day was the reason our last (and upcoming) trip have been at Pop. We stayed at in a LMR in 2015 and they were nice, then again this past December and just thought that they were in dire need of updating! Lots of rust in the bathroom and just all around worn out. Was pretty funny because one night we took the AOA bus back and walked to our Pop room and DW made the comment that it was a much shorter walk still than a LMR.

Why not just have him jump in and do a double dip :P No better way to churn than to jump in with 2 feet! To answer the question, the AU on the CSP won't prevent him from earning a bonus on CSR (or CSP for that matter).

Your husband could get the CSR...I’d see if your daughters referral will work.....and since your CSP is over 24 months.....you could close it...wait 30 days and apply for your own CSR

Thanks. I was able to open the AmEx for him without unfreezing his credit with Equifax (he does already have an AmEx Blue cash preferred), suspect will have to unfreeze for Chase though.

Does he have any Chase cards under his name ? Either way Probably safest to unfreeze before applying

He should be totally fine with getting a CSR.

My dh was AU on my CSP, 360 days later he applied for his own CSR and was instantly approved. This was just in June.

In other hysterical internet drama, TPG/MommyPoints posted an article about Chick Fil A earlier and the comments section is going wild.
Yeah, the person going after her kids for their t shirts took it way too far. Pretty sure wearing what sounds like an Old Navy Fourth of July shirt doesn’t make you a bigot :sad2:

And those comments sum up what is wrong in our country. So many people unable to be reasonable humans.

The new card? That's the Priority card. Just a shame it's the same 40k bonus. That with the Plus is not bad to DD as it sounds like you'll find use for that $75 SW credit. I like your revised plan to DD to get CP this year and then push off the Biz until later.
I was thinking it, just didn't get up to courage to ask it :rotfl2:

Yes, I will DD the priority and the plus. I can make the spend on the priority to get the 2nd point tier, unfortunately. Seems we have no shortage of bills.

Thanks for your help and everyone else's! I feel good about the plan now. Step one is complete. Just verified I will get my points and closed my premier account.

Is there any way to see when my bonus posted with Chase for my cards? It would be for the CSP and CF I opened 10 months ago. I'm trying to put a spreadsheet together since @amalone1013 asked me about it!

It would be for the Little mermaid rooms and no I won’t have a car.
Yes I read that the LM rooms are the furthest from everything :crazy2:

If I were you, I would stay in Pop. I'm okay with a decent walk to and from the hotel room, but found the walk to be pretty brutal after a long day at the parks. IIRC the size in the rooms aren't that much of a difference either.

Why not just have him jump in and do a double dip :P No better way to churn than to jump in with 2 feet! To answer the question, the AU on the CSP won't prevent him from earning a bonus on CSR (or CSP for that matter).

I've been thinking about it. I managed to come up with the spending for the 3 cards I have opened in the last 6 months. We have been traveling a lot more since he retired.

Does he have any Chase cards under his name ? Either way Probably safest to unfreeze before applying

He does have a SW premier.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter