I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Any chance of barclay matching the prior 50k mile offer? I made the required purchase on mine but my first statement hasn't even closed yet. Thanks!

Sorry it took me so long to answer, but yes, Barclays is known to match if you signed up within the last 30 days. Send them a message.

Sorry it took me so long to answer, but yes, Barclays is known to match if you signed up within the last 30 days. Send them a message.

Awesome, thanks! I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask. Is there a way to SM them through your account? I looked but didn't see one. This is my first Barclay cc.

ETA: I googled and it said through Help, I'll try after work. Thanks again!

Now I have FOMO about the SPG card. :rotfl: We won't be adding any cards until we take care of that little MSR on the double dip.

I think this whole board runs on FOMO!

The millennial version of Gen Y’s YOLO, which was their version of Gen X’s carpe diem.
Carpe Diem - Oh Captain, my Captain.

Totally OT but Dh and I saw Christopher Robin tonight and it was so cute!
I'm sure we will wind up seeing it sometime soon - we are on vacation next week and my little one has already asked to go to the movies. I'm not sure if there are any other kids movies out, so it may be our best bet. I love the original AA Milne Pooh books, but am not super crazy about the Disney cartoon version of Pooh and friends (I know, sacrilege around here). Therefore I'm not sure if I will snob out and not like it because I'm a purist, or if I will like it because it seems like the characters are closer to the way they look in the books.

Guys.. my BIL stresses me out. He bought a plane ticket last night... for TOMORROW. :faint: Yes, it doesn't really effect us beyond having plans already that now have to change (which is a little annoying) but it always pains me when he does this and his flight, which usually runs $100 to $150, costs $375 :scared:

Well hopefully he's earning 5x MR or 3x UR on it:rolleyes2

Guys.. my BIL stresses me out. He bought a plane ticket last night... for TOMORROW. :faint: Yes, it doesn't really effect us beyond having plans already that now have to change (which is a little annoying) but it always pains me when he does this and his flight, which usually runs $100 to $150, costs $375 :scared:

Rumor has it that someone I work with waited until a week out to buy tix for a work trip to a couple of cities in Europe - not sure whether it was business or first, but it cost $15k. Another colleague who went on the same trip found out what the business class ticket would cost and booked an $800 coach flight instead, but the first guy went ahead and spend the $15k. Don't think his boss was pleased...

Rumor has it that someone I work with waited until a week out to buy tix for a work trip to a couple of cities in Europe - not sure whether it was business or first, but it cost $15k. Another colleague who went on the same trip found out what the business class ticket would cost and booked an $800 coach flight instead, but the first guy went ahead and spend the $15k. Don't think his boss was pleased...
Wow Im surprised he got away with a business or first class purchase. DH has to fly coach no matter what for work

I know this has been mentioned before, but I forget...when should I see the reward dollars for the Disney visa referral? My brother and sister used my referral links a few weeks ago but I haven't seen the rewards post yet. Do I need to wait until my next statement? Thanks!

And your statement closed already? Maybe they didn't get approved :( I'm sorry!!

And today I looked and they are there! I hadn't looked since Monday. For some reason it didn't occur to me it would wait till my statement closed. Like I said, first one ever! They messaged me June 22nd and this statement ran 7/2-8/1.

Oh that's so good to hear! We are waiting until we get on the ship to see it - I'm really looking forward to it (assuming we'll find the time to see it on our vacation).

Just another data point here, but yes to all of this. We were lucky enough to get 1st class for all three of us on our last trip, but for our upcoming one they only released 2 in First and we decided to try business. This was also on opening day. For the last trip I actually had to book 2 in 1st, 1 in B and then stalk the airline and eventually they opened up another seat in 1st. I wasn't willing to do that this time around, plus we saved a few points this way. ;) In true plane princess fashion I have a feeling that we will 1) be thrilled not to be at the back and 2) be a bit whiny since we're not in 1st.
I had tears from laughing so hard. Pooh is hilarious

I think this whole board runs on FOMO!

Carpe Diem - Oh Captain, my Captain.

I'm sure we will wind up seeing it sometime soon - we are on vacation next week and my little one has already asked to go to the movies. I'm not sure if there are any other kids movies out, so it may be our best bet. I love the original AA Milne Pooh books, but am not super crazy about the Disney cartoon version of Pooh and friends (I know, sacrilege around here). Therefore I'm not sure if I will snob out and not like it because I'm a purist, or if I will like it because it seems like the characters are closer to the way they look in the books.
Hotel Transylvania 3 is out and so is incredibles 2. I took the kids I babysit to both and they enjoyed them. I was surprised that hotel Transylvania was actually pretty good.

Wow Im surprised he got away with a business or first class purchase. DH has to fly coach no matter what for work

We are expected to fly coach domestically, but usually my colleagues upgrade to business if flying to Europe/Asia- when you have a meeting to get to 3 hours after you land, getting some sleep on the flight is pretty key. I pretty much only deal with our US companies, so no international travel for me (both a good and a bad thing).

Hotel Transylvania 3 is out and so is incredibles 2. I took the kids I babysit to both and they enjoyed them. I was surprised that hotel Transylvania was actually pretty good.

We've seen Incredibles 2 (the little one has seen it 2x already!) We will be in a tiny town in the middle of nowhere with one movie theater - what they actually have playing is generally limited and kinda unpredictable, so I'm glad that there are a couple of good possibilities out there. Haven't seen any of the Hotel Transylvania movies, but glad to hear it wouldn't be a terrible choice.

You can't even find out what this theater is playing on a website - you have to call their hotline for showtimes, check the local paper, or stop by the theater to check. Its very retro.

@schmass: Here’s a very fresh DP similar to your situation. Unfortunately he’s waiting for a follow up too. https://www.reddit.com/r/churning/comments/93ybkd/comment/e3hz1s5?st=JKDEUJ01&sh=a34690c6
I'm so stressed out about this! At least my Biz Platinum came yesterday and I was able to activate that with no problem. Hopefully I'm at least in the clear with that one. When DH saw the packaging of the platinum card and felt how heavy it was he asked when he was getting his!

My biggest personal money sink is fancy coffee and I recently got a haircut for the first time in 2 1/2 years because I couldn't bring myself to spend the money until then :scared1: So me telling DH that sure, he can get another guitar is a BIG DEAL.o_O

I used to spend a lot for hair cut visits.....I mean a LOT. Color, cut and all....And then as I got older I felt as if after a day or two I didn't look or feel any more beautiful.

So, I stopped coloring and people say, 'your hair color is so beautiful!' Who knew?

And I just started getting it cut at Hair Cuttery or any of the cheap places. $25 with tip usually. I get many compliments.....more than when I paid $150-250.....

We are expected to fly coach domestically, but usually my colleagues upgrade to business if flying to Europe/Asia- when you have a meeting to get to 3 hours after you land, getting some sleep on the flight is pretty key. I pretty much only deal with our US companies, so no international travel for me (both a good and a bad thing).
Yeah he tends to give a little time before needing to attend a meeting or give a presentation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter