I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it true that the Chase biz cards do not count towards the 5/24 rule? I knew other banks biz cards may not but I read something today saying that even Chase biz cards do not count.

Is it true that the Chase biz cards do not count towards the 5/24 rule? I knew other banks biz cards may not but I read something today saying that even Chase biz cards do not count.

well, 5/24 isn't really a fully written rule, I think it varies. my chase ink+ never ran my credit at all.

I've also heard it varies by departments as well such as the business managers. they can apply the 100k and bypass the 5/24 rule.

the Hilton cards are not Chase cards.
Oh...wait,what? I guess I should know that! So the only holdup for these cards if I wanted to apply for another chase card instead,which I don't ....so..... I may pull the trigger on this deal!

Only problem is I'm not in love with the Hilton points..... the redemptions are so high that's about enough for one night at the places I want to stay....

Only problem is I'm not in love with the Hilton points..... the redemptions are so high that's about enough for one night at the places I want to stay....
We each got two Hilton cards, and used them for 2 nights in Edinburgh, two nights in York and 2 nights in a small town in Tennessee LOL. I still have 140k points left on mine, I am considering the Surpass now for another 100k each. The redemptions for Hampton aren't bad, and those are good enough for us to stay in.

The only reason we got a Hilton card is because DH stays at Hilton Garden Inns for work every couple of weeks. He has to use his company card to pay the bill but he gets the points. We figured we'd get the no fee card so that there would be a significant number of points in the account in case we wanted to redeem for free nights. I might have him take advantage of the Surpass offer too now.

We're putting our UR points to good use! (I planned on using them for airfare for our FL trip but Delta threw a monkey wrench in those plans >:(- let it go gottalovepluto, let it go...) The versatility of these points is turning out to be a godsend. Instead of airfare we're using the points on Kennedy Space Center tickets, a few nights at a couple hotels, a car rental and even a Universal ticket. I think I'm crushing on Chase :ssst:

Are you going to purchase the Kennedy Space Center through the Chase portal? We are going to WDW next summer and using points for 5 plane tickets and we will still have more --- I didn't even know I could get the Kennedy Space Center tickets with points - I'm so excited now! :yay:

I think I have 4 and wife 5 but don't know if I did auth. cards too. I did think of trying to get a credit report this am... went to Transunion and didn't see where you get it for free (just the 19.99 report). I called a Chase Branch and they didn't see any prequalify cards for me, but I also don't have accts. Wife has a Freedom (forget to mention) and I think she can look up tonight if she has any card offers to maybe see if she'd qualify. Chase employee said the Saphire never appears in the pre-qualify though, and doesn't mean that you wouldn't be approved. Saw a listing that excluded Disney cards from the 5/24 rule but SWA and Saphire cards had the rule. Guess it might be easier to just take the small hit and apply for one once I decide which.

BTW, have you seen anything on F&W concert listings yet. Seem to remember it came like in June. But I hear of leaked schedules already. We're only hitting it on the 1st day of F&W 8/31.

You mention that your wife has a Freedom card....one way to get around the 5/24 is to get an offer from Chase through the payment portal/website. Go the the 'Explore Products' tab on the top left of the webpage and click on 'Your offers'. If there is an offer for a card there with a green check mark then it is a firm offer. I just got the CSP card that way last week. I also checked in the Chase Branch and it I didn't have any prequalified offers either.

honestly, i don't think the SW cards fit your usefulness. The only reason someone would get SW card is if they book SW a lot or they are going for a CP. If your only traveling once or twice a year, the earning power on a Ultimate Rewards card is a lot better. Sapphire Reserve is probably the next best card you can look at. Theres re other great programs out there as well. Once you start getting into this game, you should think bigger. Like a trip to europe or a trip to Asia. churning will help you achieve this goal far easier than you can imagine.

Transunion should have free credit reports that you can request for once a year. Are you sure chase in your state pulls from transunion? Some states like California pull from experian. If Transunion is used, sign up for credit karma as they pull reports from transunion and equfax. if your already at 5/24 or 4/24, how long before the next card get dropped off? I would probably wait to get some chase cards then. If your wife has a Freedom card, its a great chance for her to try to maximize the category now, so that when u do get a sapphire card, those Freedom card points can be transferred over to your Sapphire card. Last thing to point out is that if your at 4/24, you should be able to apply for 2 chase cards at once, pushing you up to 6/24. There are a lot of data points of this working. Just remember you need to make sure you can make the minimums or else you lose out on a big grip of points.

I live in California and Chase has pulled from BOTH Transunion and Experian :(.

The only reason we got a Hilton card is because DH stays at Hilton Garden Inns for work every couple of weeks. He has to use his company card to pay the bill but he gets the points. We figured we'd get the no fee card so that there would be a significant number of points in the account in case we wanted to redeem for free nights. I might have him take advantage of the Surpass offer too now.

Speaking of the AmEx) Hilton card, does anyone know how long it takes for the bonus points to show up after the minimum spend is met? We also got this card because of DH's work travel and knocked out the minimum spend pretty quickly. The AmEx online account is showing 8,195 points but I'm expecting 80,000 . . .

Speaking of the AmEx) Hilton card, does anyone know how long it takes for the bonus points to show up after the minimum spend is met? We also got this card because of DH's work travel and knocked out the minimum spend pretty quickly. The AmEx online account is showing 8,195 points but I'm expecting 80,000 . . .
Mine showed up right away. Either at statement closing, or as soon as I met the spend. But it was quick.

Are you going to purchase the Kennedy Space Center through the Chase portal? We are going to WDW next summer and using points for 5 plane tickets and we will still have more --- I didn't even know I could get the Kennedy Space Center tickets with points - I'm so excited now! :yay:
Yep, they've got KSC tickets! Loving my CSR redemption rate. The tickets are non-refundable so we're not getting them until much closer in to our trip though. They also offer transporation+tour+ticket options, options for ticket+trans+lunch with an astronaut, options for a airboat ride as an add on. We're just buying the tickets as we'll have our own car and we're going to buy the tour for the space center there with cash because we don't want all the other extra stuff you have to buy with the UR portal.

I'm trying to develop a plan of action for a Disney Cruise in 2019. When our boys graduated we took DCL to Bahamas. When our daughter does the same I'm contemplating DCL in Europe. I've got two years to 'earn' points (and cash) for flights and the cruise, but the deposit will be due when I book, probably March 2018.

I currently have 80,xxx in Ultimate Reward points, 65,xxx in IHG, 12,xxx in Marriott and about $1200 in Disney gift cards (most of that parked in the Disney Vacation Account from a cancelled WDW trip.)

I'm trying to figure out the best credit cards to help me earn points. I have the Chase Sapphire Preferred, Disney Visa and IHG. I am at 1/24 for Chase. Most of my shopping is groceries and places like Sam's Club, Kohl's, WalMart. We pay over $1000 a month to our son's college but they charge CC fee so I have never charged that. I could move some utilities to credit cards.

We almost always fly Southwest. My husband travels sporadically for work (about 15 flights a year) and uses Southwest, Delta and American. I think his American points might be expiring in a few months but he has less than 10,000. All four of us have Rapid Rewards with varying amounts.

I regularly earn gift cards from Swagbucks, Shopkick, etc.. and churn when I can to make those go farther. But that's small change compared to the costs for flights and a European cruise for four.

Any suggestions on the best cards for us? Thanks :)

Just pulled the trigger on the SW Plus. Already put about $1500 on my business card. Probably going to place some 1-800 Flowers orders to get the last 6k points I'll need for the companion pass.

Random DVA question for those here that use it... If I open an account now with $20, and then when I'm purchasing Disneyland tickets out of it in December or January, can I just load gift cards or $$ (via CSR of course :) ) in one day and pay for tickets with it the next, and it still count towards the $20 giftcard for $1k spend? Just the account needs to be open 120 days, the money doesn't have to be in there 120 days before spending, right?

Just pulled the trigger on the SW Plus. Already put about $1500 on my business card. Probably going to place some 1-800 Flowers orders to get the last 6k points I'll need for the companion pass.

Random DVA question for those here that use it... If I open an account now with $20, and then when I'm purchasing Disneyland tickets out of it in December or January, can I just load gift cards or $$ (via CSR of course :) ) in one day and pay for tickets with it the next, and it still count towards the $20 giftcard for $1k spend? Just the account needs to be open 120 days, the money doesn't have to be in there 120 days before spending, right?
Correct on DVA. There is some language that they can hold the funds for 7 days (so you nay not be able to spend the next day) but in practice that doesn't seem to be the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter