I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Definitely don’t book through the portal then lol. Normally URs are worth more than Marriott but it’s always good to check.

When is your trip? You can reserve a room with Marriott even if you don’t have the points yet. Or could you do one room on your DHs account and one on your account?

Thanks @speedyfishy @WVMomof3 and @Albort for the recommendations. I ended up transferring the points to his CIP (I had already moved them to my CSR), then transferring to Marriott. Now just waiting on the points to post in Marriott. Always make me nervous to transfer points. Now I need to start rebuilding my points!

What happens if you attach a travel package then want to change it later to a different hotel? Is that usually possible?

Wow, Melissa canceled mine while I was on the phone and within seconds I had the points back to move to the new reservation. Went from a rack rate to a bounce back w/dinning only booked while on site.

Called today to cancel an existing Disney reservation. Crystal said it would take 5-7 business days for points to post. I mentioned that I was wanting to book another trip. She put me on hold to talk to accounting and got a one time exception to put the points back in my account immediately. Hopefully, I don't need to cancel and rebook again anytime soon!

Replying to this to check my own understanding (hopefully someone will confirm or not): You don't have to cancel one Chase card to apply for a second, and you can get the sign-up bonus a second time so long as it's been more than 24 months since you received the previous sign-up bonus.

A few reasons to keep a card: It adds to your length of credit (might or might not apply to a card you've had for two years). The CF has no annual fee so it costs nothing to keep, and it has benefits you might use.
You DO need to cancel a card to reapply for it with Chase. You cannot currently hold a card and apply for it. You may be confusing this with Citi where people will apply for a 2nd of the same card while still holding it after 24 months.

I came home to a UPS Express Envelope with a solid gray box and my shiny new Biz Platinum inside. :cloud9:

The Biz Plat's packaging is thinner than the personal Platinum's, and doesn't include a wooden cardholder/smartphone stand.

ETA: And I just added the Biz Platinum to Apple Pay, Plastiq, and PayPal.
You are kinda making me want a biz plat. But of course I have FOCI (fear of calling in) to add to my FOMO and FOUP.:headache:

Is there any point in keeping a chase card longer than two years? DH CF is over 2 years I just realized. I've already transferred those points to his CSR. Can I cancel and reapply? If so what timelines should I look at? Can I work out a referral bonus for me by doing this?
CF is a good keeper card. No annual fee and the 5x categories are pretty easy to meet, even if you just buy GC for normal spending later.

I know, right?! I've realized I have a pattern in my posts here.

Hey guys, I have a question...OH NO! EVERYTHING IS TERRIBLE THE SKY IS FALLING AND I MESSED EVERYTHING UP!...Oh wait, no everything is great, Yay!!

I *may* be somewhat prone to dramatics. :tongue:

Hey, I get it. I was nervous when I got my DH to do the double dip. If he wasn't auto approved instantly he probably would have said it was too much work and given up. He's a reluctant player in our slow churning game as it is. So glad it worked out for you and that it's all done! :yay:

I came home to a UPS Express Envelope with a solid gray box and my shiny new Biz Platinum inside. :cloud9:

The Biz Plat's packaging is thinner than the personal Platinum's, and doesn't include a wooden cardholder/smartphone stand.

ETA: And I just added the Biz Platinum to Apple Pay, Plastiq, and PayPal.

So DH was disappointed in the feel of the CSR compared to his AMEX. That Platinum card has a weight to it that nobody seems to be matching. :rotfl: (on the other hand, DD says it takes up too much room and wants her old plastic one back). We're also picky about the graphics on our Disney Visas. Does that make us "card princesses?"

Yeah but using United miles to book ANA is

View attachment 340440

LOL. I kept going back and forth about whether to transfer to ANA or wait for United and Virgin. The benefit with transferring to the last two are that I used those miles all the time so if I don't get the Japan tickets I have a use for the points. The problem is that ANA awards show up on the ANA website well before United or Virgin (like weeks!) so the dates could be gone. And can I say how much I hate the RT requirement on ANA and Virgin? I ultimately decided to take my chances on United and Virgin and not end up with having miles stuck in ANA.

WOW!!! This thread moves fast. So fast that I don't always get the opportunity to thank everyone who has helped me with my questions. So thanks to all who talked about UR cards, bank bonuses, L3 data, and all the talk about the places you have visited or will visit. I am anxious to try out more international travel and points will help me do just that!

LOL. I kept going back and forth about whether to transfer to ANA or wait for United and Virgin. The benefit with transferring to the last two are that I used those miles all the time so if I don't get the Japan tickets I have a use for the points. The problem is that ANA awards show up on the ANA website well before United or Virgin (like weeks!) so the dates could be gone. And can I say how much I hate the RT requirement on ANA and Virgin? I ultimately decided to take my chances on United and Virgin and not end up with having miles stuck in ANA.

true, but its a pretty big point saving imo, it might be worth the rules.
Economy - ANA = 55k, Virgin = 60k? United = 70k
Biz - ANA = 90k, Virgin = 95k? United = 140k

i guess Virgin is not far off. I think Virgin also lets u book first then transfer your points in too.

You are kinda making me want a biz plat. But of course I have FOCI (fear of calling in) to add to my FOMO and FOUP.:headache:

I think everyone who’s called in here — @SBWB48, @speedyfishy, @trstno1, am I missing anyone else? — will tell you the call was no big deal. Tomorrow might be the last day to call in for a 100k MR offer that seems to be open to anybody. With a $10k MSR, it’ll give you something to work on without adding to 5/24 while you figure out your next move with Chase.

@Albort does virgin only work with the United/Ana if it’s a saver award flight? What if United has a normal business seat available? Can they still book that for me at 90k miles roundtrip?

I think everyone who’s called in here — @SBWB48, @speedyfishy, @trstno1, am I missing anyone else? — will tell you the call was no big deal. Tomorrow might be the last day to call in for a 100k MR offer that seems to be open to anybody. With a $10k MSR, it’ll give you something to work on without adding to 5/24 while you figure out your next move with Chase.
I have 3 amex cards...
march spg biz, April spg personal, and June hilton biz. Won't they think it is weird I suddenly want so many amex?

Oh no..so sorry ..have you sent “reminder “ invoices...this is why I usually just list BIN with instant payment I hated opening the unpaid item claims to get my FVF back
I did. I sent them originally pretty early Sunday morning (because I was at work at 3am) and then sent them again a few hours ago. I'm hoping they missed the emails due to the times...

It's so frustrating because I sold several things last summer and had zero issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter