• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always order Disney GC's from them online :) I rarely go in the club but it's not as bad in there as I thought it would be. Actually way less busy than Costco and they carry many of the same items so sometimes it's ok.

I order a ton online now that I upgraded to the plus membership. I much prefer our actual sams store to Costco as well. I can scan and check out on the app or have them pull everything and pick it up at the service desk. The store is so quiet and Costco is always a madhouse.

It all depends on how it codes on Suntrust's side, which you can't see. Did you register at offers.suntrust.com? If you did, give it about 1-2 weeks and see if your status changes. Then you'll know.

Thx for the link. That description was all I can see on the suntrust side....elec deposit/ACH. I will keep an eye on the link and see what happens.

Thanks for the suggestions! I maybe over thinking this. I normally plan all my meals and this is probably going to be different. I’d love to go to California Grill and Le Cellier but she only tolerates steak and wouldn’t really enjoy eating that. She is picky but will probably be able to find something off a kids menu. She eats chicken fingers, grilled cheese, tacos, burgers, pizza, salad, orange chicken so maybe yak and yeti would be good. She probably actually isn’t that picky for a kid lol. I wanted to do unique things with her so she has a good time, but now thinking about it my parents won’t be around and if all she wants to eat is cupcakes and mickey bars for dinner I should let her and not be so uptight. Mom doesn’t need to know lol.

I will give you my CS restaurants, but my kids aren't picky eaters. We have been so many times and they like the variety at some of the CS restaurants besides burgers.

MK - BOG lunch, CHH dinner (fried shrimp, GF chicken strips), Sleepy Hollow nutella waffle, Gaston's cinnamon bread
Epcot - Tangerine Cafe, French Bakery Sandwiches. Via Napoli for sitdown.
DHS - we don't usually eat CS there, but Woody's Lunch had a good grilled cheese, Baseline Taphouse has good apps. We usually eat at Sci Fi or 50s Diner.
AK - my kids love the Satuli Canteen (steamed cheeseburger pods, rice/chicken)

Enjoy!

I swear to you that I didn't know your name began with A and I've been reading your screen name as "Am Alone" for all this time. I'm glad you aren't alone! :goodvibes

i'll confess, the thought popped in my head one day too and ever since that's what I think most days when i'm reading the boards. :) at some point I assumed it was a name with first initial, but once thought it's stuck now phonetically.

Reader on DoC gave them a link to workaround the Amex issues a bit. It brings up a tab called "Autumn offers" and I found the Bed Bath and Beyond offer on every card this way! (not the best buy one though)
https://www.doctorofcredit.com/issues-with-american-express-offers-developing/

(Reader Rene's suggested link is in the 2nd paragraph, I would post it but I feel too weird posting a link to login into Amex here.)

Thanks for the link! I did find the BBB and Shutterfly on several more cards. No Best Buy, but I have the 10% off at Lowe's and Staples on several Biz cards. Also, finally took the time to organize this in an excel spreadsheet, so I can keep up with all the offers on all our AmEx cards! Now I just have to go buy lots of $25 gift cards.

Well I finally booked our flights to Scotland next year using our travel together voucher that we earned with the kitchen and bathroom repair. What a headache to get that done. BA has all but eliminated award flights in first out of Miami. I wound up booking us flights out of JFK to London then added the connection to Edinburgh to the voucher. I managed to get 3 first class seats. My mom is ecstatic.

The return also wasn’t any easier and I wound up booking flights out of Glasgow to Heathrow the evening before our departure. Then we have to spend the night at a Hilton at the airport to catch a flight to New York in the morning. I booked this last night but you can’t add your return flights to the voucher online. I had no choice but to book the flights for both of us and my mom using our Avios or I’d risk losing the only 2 first class seats open.

So this morning I call to get the return flight added to the companion voucher and get the miles deposited back in my account. What a fiasco! It took several phone calls and transfers to talk to agents that were clueless before I was able to get that done. One agent actually said I wasn’t allowed to do that. I explained I just did it on my last companion voucher to and from Italy and the terms and conditions allow for it. One hour of wasted time and a bucketload of patience spent. I am now looking forward to booking Elemis spa treatments and a cabana at the Concorde Lounge on both my arrival and departure. Sheesh!

Ok, you sound pretty set with all that. If your Plus card application was within 30 days I don't believe you'd be approved for the Sapphire Reserve (CSR) card today, so don't have to worry about where to find another 4k for that spend :)

@trenty gave good advice about transferring the points into SW. Since you can transfer the UR points to several partners or use them to book travel on the Chase portal (or cash them out for a statement credit, but I'd do that as last resort) there's more value in keeping them flexible for as long as you can. All reports that I recall have transfer to SW as instant, so you can hold them in Chase until you're ready to book tickets and then just transfer what you need to SW.

And it gives you time to consider if you want to try to double dip the SW cards to go for the companion pass later this year. You can add the companion pass after the fact, so you can book a ticket with points now to hold it and then if you get the pass later change it and get the points back. There's several experts on the thread here on that subject if you have any questions.

But by the by, congrats on getting the CSP! :cheer2: It's a good card, especially if the AF is waived for the first year. I believe they still have the bonus for adding an authorized user too, so something else to look at for more points. (if you think you want to get into more CC bonuses, the advise is to not make a spouse the AU as that messes up other rules. but if you're done applying for the next year or two that's an easy way to pick up points. again, you can ask away if interested) And if you find a travel deal on the Chase portal your points are worth more when booked from that card.

Just me but I'd push the pause button on that for a second.

If I remember correctly from your own thread about flying for free, you've had your SW Premier card for a few years now? (hopefully I'm remember the right person!) As mentioned on that thread, and as you just found recently, you can't hold both SW personal cards at the same time now due to the change they made a couple months ago. However, if you've earned the bonus on either card more than 24 months ago you could cancel the card you have and sign up for it or the Plus again to get the bonus. (Just have to think about what that does to your credit if it's a really old card and you don't have any other really old cards to make up for it. )

The Sapphire cards have the same 'one in a family rule' that the SW cards do now but there is a loophole to getting both if you get them both o nthe same day. Which is why we may suggest a double dip of both cards at once, so you're not locked out of both bonuses. But this also means you have 8k in spend to complete within the same 3 months to get both bonuses. The other Sapphire card comes with a higher AF and if you weren't planning to use the extra perks that come with the fee it may not make sense to pay it just to transfer points to SW. I"m sure there's more to consider but I'm trying to be brief :)

Like the Sapphire cards, I believe there are data points to double dipping the SW personal cards and getting the bonuses.... I think. I know there was speculation it works but can't remember if I found facts of the success yet :) But that's another potential option if you earned your previous bonus more than 24 months ago, cancel current card and then try to double dip the SW cards to go for that companion pass as discussed. It gets you a bunch of points and you'd get one of your tickets for free for up to 2 years (depending on timing). Again more things to consider on that if it sounds interesting.

Another thing to consider in all this, how did you find out about not getting the Plus card? Did you apply and were denied? Was it within the past 30 days? Chase also has a rule that you can't apply for more than 2 personal cards in a 30 day period, otherwise you just get denied. So if it was the SW Plus and then the Sapphire Preferred, I think you're out of applications for a bit.
Thanks the great advice! I'll have to think about adding an AU.

Honestly I would just see where you are at in the park when you are hungry and figure it out from there. The menus are on the app. I find it harder to plan QS because you have to try and be in a certain area when you are ready to eat. I don't do many ADR's so there's not a ton of planning when to be where around them. Coloumbia Harbor House is good in MK. She can always order off the kids menu too so that opens up options.
I agree. I usually reserve one dinner and/or lunch per day. Then I go through the QS options and see the menus to find places we would all be ok with eating at. I try to choose two per land. So when ever we get hungry I know where to go.

OT, but does anyone have any food recommendations for a 15 year old at Disney world. I'm taking my little sister in a few weeks. We will only be there for two days. Normally, SO and I like to sit down meals and eat at signature restaurants, but that's not her style. She also does not want to meet characters. She has only been to Disney once when she was 6. She was too short for Rock n Roller Coaster, so her one request is to ride that lol. I'll take any recommendations for quick service or table service restaurants in any park (we should be going to all four), but we won't have time at Disney Springs or the resorts. I think maybe we should do quick service to save time, but I haven't found anything that great. Any fun recommendations for a teen and a picky eater? Oh, and I have asked her, but I get a I don't know or I don't care response lol. Also, I guess this is kinda related because I used points for the flights, room, and her two day park hooper ticket lol.

IMO the best QS I've found at WDW is Satuli Canteen. It's the only dining that blurs the lines between quick service and table service for us and the make-your-own bowls are really great. I haven't tried the cheese burger pods yet, but have heard good things from others in my party who had them. Great for picky eaters. The food gets served on actual plates and you use legit utensils (not plastic ones).

EDIT: There are also A TON of tables in the A/C and held for diners only. The one thing I hate about QS is walking around with a tray of food trying to find a table that's not held by families who are not dining.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I did find the BBB and Shutterfly on several more cards. No Best Buy, but I have the 10% off at Lowe's and Staples on several Biz cards. Also, finally took the time to organize this in an excel spreadsheet, so I can keep up with all the offers on all our AmEx cards! Now I just have to go buy lots of $25 gift cards.

Lol I had to make a spreadsheet of Amex deal too. Lol. Great minds think alike.

My 14 yo DD picky eater likes Be Our Guest lunch or breakfast, Sci Fi diner, 50's prime time, 'ohana breakfast, whispering canyon, off the top of my head :-)

Thank you! I was considering all of these. They all have a fun Disney theme and not too adventurous food wise.

My dd19 and I are going on our 2nd annual girls trip in 2 weeks. We only do 2 nights too, so it is quick. We don’t waste time on table service. Plus it is so hot we don’t have much appetite. Last year we just grabbed quick service wherever we were and split a meal. Then we would have room for all the yummy treats between meals. It was great!
We liked satuli (sp?) canteen in pandora a lot! I also like the qs yak n yeti place.
Her fave place to eat is Columbia harbor house, so we had that too.
We also did several meals at the pofq food court.

Are you doing EMM or DAH? Emm was awesome! We are trying DAH this year and it supposed to be even better!
Thank you for the suggestions! I’m considering DAH. It’s the Saturday we are there and since SO and I are APs it’s only $89pp. EMM is out. My sister sleeps in and I’ll probably have to fight her to be out of bed by noon on our trip lol.

I will give you my CS restaurants, but my kids aren't picky eaters. We have been so many times and they like the variety at some of the CS restaurants besides burgers.

MK - BOG lunch, CHH dinner (fried shrimp, GF chicken strips), Sleepy Hollow nutella waffle, Gaston's cinnamon bread
Epcot - Tangerine Cafe, French Bakery Sandwiches. Via Napoli for sitdown.
DHS - we don't usually eat CS there, but Woody's Lunch had a good grilled cheese, Baseline Taphouse has good apps. We usually eat at Sci Fi or 50s Diner.
AK - my kids love the Satuli Canteen (steamed cheeseburger pods, rice/chicken)

Enjoy!

Thank you! These are great suggestions.

IMO the best QS I've found at WDW is Satuli Canteen. It's the only dining that blurs the lines between quick service and table service for us and the make-your-own bowls are really great. I haven't tried the cheese burger pods yet, but have heard good things from others in my party who had them. Great for picky eaters. The food gets served on actual plates and you use legit utensils (not plastic ones).

EDIT: There are also A TON of tables in the A/C and held for diners only. The one thing I hate about QS is walking around with a tray of food trying to find a table that's not held by families who are not dining.

Thank you! Ugh, yes i hate getting food and having no where to sit. I got cheese fries at Casey’s one time and there was no where for me to sit and eat them. That’s why I mostly do table service. That and I hate waiting on line to order food, but now with mobile order that isn’t a problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter