I love credit cards so much!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you. Officially in 2 Player mode. I did SM and they said he should receive the card in 1 to 2 business days.

Oh awesome!

When should I expect to see my referral bonus?

Chase posts referral bonuses on Tuesday afternoons. So possibly as early as next Tuesday, or the following week. Referral bonus points are added to your points pending, and become available when your [CSP] statement closes.

Last edited:
When should I expect to see my referral bonus?

self referred myself last sunday morning(7/1). points rolled in last night on tuesday night(7/10).
I have to call Chase to downgrade now, right? I can't do it through SM anymore? DH's CIP referral bonus is pending in my account as of today. :cool1:
that is correct. u have to call now.

How do you go about getting matched? Do I need to find the higher sign-up and then screen shot and ask? or just go ahead and ask for more?

No screenshot required. After you've received your card and enroll it in online access, you will be able to send a message to Citi through your account. All you need to do is say that you saw a higher bonus after you applied that offered 70,000 miles, or something to that extent. They will most likely tell you that you'll get the extra miles after you complete your spend (but in reality, many times they deposit the extra miles immediately).

You would reapply 24 months from when you received your bonus. So in your example, it would be 10/15/20--but like you did, I'd wait until November, and because I'm cautious I'd probably wait until 11/15 to reapply.

ETA: Also, I wouldn't cancel on day 364, I'd wait until the AF is posted and then call to cancel. If you cancel within 30 days of the AF posting you'll get a total refund.

Welcome! You can get the card again 24 months after you received the bonus. So in your hypo you would have to apply after 10/15/20.

You can pay with cash and points when booking through Chases travel portal I’m unsure if that would code as travel. I would normally recommend getting the CSR when you plan to go to Disney and helping offset ticket or food costs if you are staying onsite, but since you probably won’t be able to do the 8k required spend with the CSR and CSP at the same time I’d def start with the CSP. Same bonus, no annual fee and an AU bonus. After your first year you can reevaluate and see if you want to upgrade. The difference between the CSR/CSP after the second year is $55 if you use the travel credit. The difference the first year is basically $200. ($150 annual fee compared to 0 and the 5,000 AU bonus.)

However, I’d actually recommend starting with either the CIC or CIU. Both cards are Chase buisness cards that have no annual fee and currently have a bonus of 50,000 UR for 3k in spend.

Thank you so much!! I see CIP mentioned all the time so I didn't even think about CIC or CIU. I'll definitely look into those. Currently at 4/24 - only Chase card is the Marriott (struggling to meet the $5k MSR so for future cards, definitely want to keep future MSRs lower). Didn't really understand the perks of Chase until recently so I'm trying to get on track.

Thank you so much!! I see CIP mentioned all the time so I didn't even think about CIC or CIU. I'll definitely look into those. Currently at 4/24 - only Chase card is the Marriott (struggling to meet the $5k MSR so for future cards, definitely want to keep future MSRs lower). Didn't really understand the perks of Chase until recently so I'm trying to get on track.
4/24 means you have room for only one Chase card right now. So do your research, ask questions and choose carefully.

4/24 means you have room for only one Chase card right now. So do your research, ask questions and choose carefully.

If @DixieBri goes for the CIU or CIC as @speedyfishy suggested, neither card will add to her 4/24, and she’ll have saved that last slot. @DixieBri could do a lot with that last slot if she paces her applications right, and maybe even stretch it til another card ages past 24 months to open up another slot. She could get a CIC now, which won’t add to her 4/24, get a CIU in 3+ months from now, which also won’t add to her 4/24, she could then go for a personal Chase card in 6+ months with the last slot, or double dip 2 personal cards with the last a slot. In between, she could get Amex or Citi biz cards that won’t add to her 4/24.

oh.... also wondering about the csr car insurance when using points for the rental..anyone know?

Funny, I just asked about this and @WVMomof3 said she checked with them and it is included. I just booked last night and put $8.28 of the rental on my CSR to be safe.

This sounds like an excellent idea. I have only used UR points a couple times for car rental, but for me this is a good use of points. I have checked a couple times and my personal insurance and have been assured that I am covered for rentals.
I use my CSR when I pick up the car but I like the idea of paying a small amount with the CSR.

Last edited:
This sounds like an excellent idea. I have only used UR points a couple times for car rental, but for me this is a good use of points. I have checked a couple times and my personal insurance and have been assured that I am covered. I use my CSR when I pick up the car but I like the idea of paying a small amount with the CSR.

I momentarily forgot that business cards don't count.

Sent request to trf dh's spg points to me on Friday and got an email they are on the way. Still not transferred today. Guess I am one of the lucky 5 business days people.

ETA: I just had a "duh" moment. Called and booked the cat 6 package (took less than 5 mins, don't know why I was avoiding it so long) so I can get the ball rolling on the SW points, and I can just call back to upgrade it to cat 8 whenever dh's spg points show up. :idea:

Last edited:
If @DixieBri goes for the CIU or CIC as @speedyfishy suggested, neither card will add to her 4/24, and she’ll have saved that last slot. @DixieBri could do a lot with that last slot if she paces her applications right, and maybe even stretch it til another card ages past 24 months to open up another slot. She could get a CIC now, which won’t add to her 4/24, get a CIU in 3+ months from now, which also won’t add to her 4/24, she could then go for a personal Chase card in 6+ months with the last slot, or double dip 2 personal cards with the last a slot. In between, she could get Amex or Citi biz cards that won’t add to her 4/24.

This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing now! Before Chase, I was mostly signing up for credit cards that had cash bonuses (Capital One Quicksilver, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa) but I'm realizing now that the Chase bonuses are worth much more. I only travel maybe once a year at most so I never thought travel cards were worth it to me. I'm planning on applying for the CIC next to keep my last slot open.

Sent request to trf dh's spg points to me on Friday and got an email they are on the way. Still not transferred today. Guess I am one of the lucky 5 business days people.

ETA: I just had a "duh" moment. Called and booked the cat 6 package (took less than 5 mins, don't know why I was avoiding it so long) so I can get the ball rolling on the SW points, and I can just call back to upgrade it to cat 8 whenever dh's spg points show up. :idea:
I'm on the phone doing my Category 6 right now. I had to transfer DDs Starwood points into her Marriott account to combine with mine and the customer service rep has been great, waiting while I completed the transfers. Of course, there was an IT glitch on their side as she tried to complete.
Update: just got off the phone and it's all done. Yay!!!

This is exactly what I'm thinking of doing now! Before Chase, I was mostly signing up for credit cards that had cash bonuses (Capital One Quicksilver, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa) but I'm realizing now that the Chase bonuses are worth much more. I only travel maybe once a year at most so I never thought travel cards were worth it to me. I'm planning on applying for the CIC next to keep my last slot open.

The CIC is a great choice. If you are getting close to not meeting the spend you can buy giftcards at office supply stores to use in the future. Don’t be afraid to redeem for cash. The URs can be redeemed for cash. Not the “best value”, but the real best value is what works best for you. When I was newer at this I redeemed URs for cash to cover a hotel stay at Disney. the Disney site was cheaper than the UR portal. I didn’t know I could book through Disney and then transfer to Chase and use URs. While this was silly and I lost value it worked for me at the time. I still had a free stay at Disney, so that was a good value for me.

So reading all of the posts today got me thinking about retention offers. I never knew they existed. :headache: Can someone tell me what I would need to say or do to try to get them on both my Amex Platinum (at least 7 years old at this point) and Citibank AA Platinum (super old, my first Citi card was turned into this years and years ago - the original acct is over 20 years old). Anyway, now that I know it's a "thing" it would great to not keep missing out on the points. Any advice is appreciated!

So reading all of the posts today got me thinking about retention offers. I never knew they existed. :headache: Can someone tell me what I would need to say or do to try to get them on both my Amex Platinum (at least 7 years old at this point) and Citibank AA Platinum (super old, my first Citi card was turned into this years and years ago - the original acct is over 20 years old). Anyway, now that I know it's a "thing" it would great to not keep missing out on the points. Any advice is appreciated!

pretty simple... just ask "Hi, my Annual fee just posted onto my statement, is there any retention offers available?"
if they said no, then HUCA. I wouldnt threaten to cancel just yet because ive seen ppl threaten to cancel, then found the CSR saying "well we cancelled your card. is there anything else I can help u with?"

if they still say no, u can choose to either... threaten to cancel/cancel your card, or keep the card with no retention offers.

pretty simple... just ask "Hi, my Annual fee just posted onto my statement, is there any retention offers available?"
if they said no, then HUCA. I wouldnt threaten to cancel just yet because ive seen ppl threaten to cancel, then found the CSR saying "well we cancelled your card. is there anything else I can help u with?"

if they still say no, u can choose to either... threaten to cancel/cancel your card, or keep the card with no retention offers.

Thank you. I wasn't sure if there was something special we needed to say. I figure it's definitely worth a try!

And does anyone know if Citibank AA ever gives retention points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter