I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

We're planning to go to Hokkaido too. Thinking we'll stay in Sapporo and do day trips to Otaru and Furano (will rent a car for the day). I was also looking at Noboribetsu, but not sure we'll fit it in.

Miyajima is lovely if you get a chance to go there when you go to Hiroshima. I especially loved staying overnight and seeing the torii gate at night.
Oooh, thanks for the suggestions! Definitely adding Miyajima to the list!!

If I was planning a trip to Japan for my family of 5, and wanted to fly on points, will economy be our only option? Sounds like it’s hard to even get 2 seats in business or first.

Depends on the company, some will waive additional fees if a member of loyalty program or other associations. Some don't charge extra after 21.

PA includes state minimum liability and the Gold covers CDW and LDW. Sounds like she's covered, but not all that well with state minimums. Allianz offers single trip insurance.
I'm curious, how do you find out each state's laws on younger car renters?

Amex is being really slow on the Dell credit on the Platinum Biz. I'm on day 11 and still seeing no credit. I looked and I made a purchase back in February on another Platinum Biz and that one credited in 4 days or so.

Same for me. I had a Dell offer on my plat biz that posted after my purchase, but I'm still waiting for the credit. My payment is due soon, so I'll have to pay and have a negative balance when it posts.
My Dell credits finally posted. :-)

A year has gone by so fast and I am coming up on my renewal date for my CSP, which means the AF is about to post. I know it’s only a $95 fee and I’ll use the $50 hotel credit. Is there anything else to do to offset the other $45? I do enjoy having this card so I know I will not cancel it. I am no where near the level of most people here with all the traveling hacks and things. I got this card originally for the SUB when we purchased DVC.
I haven’t gotten any new cards except for SWA Biz, which I have enjoyed using also. Still trying to get CP. I applied for the SWA personal card at the first of the year, but was not approved because I have a Citi Double Cash card that basically offered a low APR loan using our CL so we maxed it out to buy DD a car because the APR was a lot lower than what the banks were at the time. So Chase denied me the SWA personal card because I have one card that’s at the limit. My overall credit usage is still under 20% though even with that card at the limit. I just need about 30k more RR points to earn CP and I can’t find anyone that I know that will let me refer them because no one I know seems to travel like I do. I posted my link on reddit, but no referrals there either so far. Any other ideas? I don’t want to miss out any longer on CP, we’ve already had 3 flights this year that I had to pay OOP for DH when I originally planned on him being my free companion. I never dreamed the Citi loan would be an issue since it’s the only card that I carry a balance on, but at the time it was a no brainer to save 5% APR. I could refer DH for a SWA card as a last resort, but I didn’t want to do that because when my CP time ran out, we planned on starting over with him.

A year has gone by so fast and I am coming up on my renewal date for my CSP, which means the AF is about to post. I know it’s only a $95 fee and I’ll use the $50 hotel credit. Is there anything else to do to offset the other $45? I do enjoy having this card so I know I will not cancel it. I am no where near the level of most people here with all the traveling hacks and things. I got this card originally for the SUB when we purchased DVC.
I haven’t gotten any new cards except for SWA Biz, which I have enjoyed using also. Still trying to get CP. I applied for the SWA personal card at the first of the year, but was not approved because I have a Citi Double Cash card that basically offered a low APR loan using our CL so we maxed it out to buy DD a car because the APR was a lot lower than what the banks were at the time. So Chase denied me the SWA personal card because I have one card that’s at the limit. My overall credit usage is still under 20% though even with that card at the limit. I just need about 30k more RR points to earn CP and I can’t find anyone that I know that will let me refer them because no one I know seems to travel like I do. I posted my link on reddit, but no referrals there either so far. Any other ideas? I don’t want to miss out any longer on CP, we’ve already had 3 flights this year that I had to pay OOP for DH when I originally planned on him being my free companion. I never dreamed the Citi loan would be an issue since it’s the only card that I carry a balance on, but at the time it was a no brainer to save 5% APR. I could refer DH for a SWA card as a last resort, but I didn’t want to do that because when my CP time ran out, we planned on starting over with him.
Anyone can have both SW Business cards and 1 personal card. You could refer your DH for the SW Biz Premier (SUB 60K) this year and then when the time comes he could get the other SW Biz + Personal card.

This is how DH and I plan to maintain our 2 CP for a 3rd year. In fact DH received the SW Biz Premier SUB 12/21 & 4/23 (less than 24 months).

Does anyone know if Chase will allow you to transfer a credit balance on a personal credit card to a Chase business credit card? They are linked accounts. TIA

Just returned from our 12 Day Trip/Cruise to Italy, Turkey and Greece. Use United for the flights (5 of us). So, for my new AMEX Plat Biz card - I selected United as my Airline so we could use the lounge at one of the airports. We had a 6 hour layover in EWR, so figured that would be great. Every single airport was not accepting Single Use Passes at the United Lounges. Very disappointing.

So, I just chatted with AMEX and let them know the situation and she was able to switch my airline to Southwest. I can easily use for Early Bird Fees. Was not sure they would do this - but very happy they did.

Have you used any of the offers? Over the 2 and 1/2 years I've received $140.36 in offer money back on my CSP. In addition I've also earned UR's with this card, although I haven't got that number. It's my 'transfer' card for my ultimate rewards, so I'm keeping it and watching all the offers to offset the fee. After my 4 years, I'll product change it and apply for either the CSR or another CSP. Since I also received the 80K signup bonus, I figure I'm close to breaking even or even better just with the offers, hotel credit and earned UR's, above and beyond the SUB, which was the gravy.

I have never tried for any bank bonuses but they have now piqued my interest. Are there any really good ones out there? I could do a business checking ( we have an actual business). Are there any banks I should avoid? Thanks for any input.

Have you activated the instacart membership? If so you will get $15 a quarter back. That will take you from $95 - $50 Hotel - $30 (2 Quarters of IC as membership is only 6 months for free) that takes you down to $15 plus Chase Offers as @Judique mentioned.

If you can't find a way to utilize that $45, maybe you could consider it your travel delay/interruption insurance for the year. That assumes you book flights using the CSP for some portion of the ticket. My CSP coverage reimbursed me $350+ in costs I incurred during the Southwest Christmas meltdown. I will definitely be keeping mine when it comes up for renewal for this benefit alone.

I have never tried for any bank bonuses but they have now piqued my interest. Are there any really good ones out there? I could do a business checking ( we have an actual business). Are there any banks I should avoid? Thanks for any input.
Are you talking cash? Citi keeps sending offers for American Airlines miles to me

So I need some expert advice...I used to be fairly active here and a long time lurker. But here lately, I've not really got a reason to churn (no big trips coming up and current companion pass) so I've kind of taken a break. I did refer someone to Southwest in order for her to get the one year companion pass from Feb-Feb. It worked great for her plans. She met the minimum spend and has already taken one trip with the pass this year. The way she met her spend though was paying a future Disney trip in advance (about $1000). Since Disney released the new 4 park ticket offer and its good for her dates, she's wanted to cancel her current package and switch to room only. Disney won't carry the funds over, it has to be refunded to her and the tickets purchased separately. Southwest won't claw back her companion pass if she has continued to use that card correct?! She would be using the same card to repurchase the tickets it would just be outside of the "window" that she was supposed to meet the minimum spend. Just wanted everyone's thoughts on the situation?! thanks in advance!

Does anyone know if Chase will allow you to transfer a credit balance on a personal credit card to a Chase business credit card? They are linked accounts. TIA
No but they will refund to you, then you can use the $ to pay the biz card. I think they will refund the credit to your bank account you use to pay the card.
ETA Looks like Chase will send a check. I know Amex will refund to bank. 0F954FDD-C5EC-430A-B1F3-12DA15FE131A.jpeg

Last edited:
So I need some expert advice...I used to be fairly active here and a long time lurker. But here lately, I've not really got a reason to churn (no big trips coming up and current companion pass) so I've kind of taken a break. I did refer someone to Southwest in order for her to get the one year companion pass from Feb-Feb. It worked great for her plans. She met the minimum spend and has already taken one trip with the pass this year. The way she met her spend though was paying a future Disney trip in advance (about $1000). Since Disney released the new 4 park ticket offer and its good for her dates, she's wanted to cancel her current package and switch to room only. Disney won't carry the funds over, it has to be refunded to her and the tickets purchased separately. Southwest won't claw back her companion pass if she has continued to use that card correct?! She would be using the same card to repurchase the tickets it would just be outside of the "window" that she was supposed to meet the minimum spend. Just wanted everyone's thoughts on the situation?! thanks in advance!
She’s fine, Chase doesn’t seem to claw back bonuses.

Options for getting those points:
1. Southwest also has a shopping portal, so you can use that to earn points on online purchases. You're not gonna get 30k, but it can make up some of the difference.
2. CP strategy (note, this assumes you got the SW biz card points in 2023)*: Would you benefit from having 2 companion passes and would you be okay if you didn't have CP until the very end of the year (through 2024). If you support DH for a SW card in October, you should receive the support points this year. If DH waits to complete his spend until his points post in 2024, he can work in 2024 to get companion pass and have it for 2024/25.
3. Might be worth trying for the SW personal or the other biz card. I assume some of that card that was at the limit six months ago has been paid down some. I'd make sure your Chase cards are squeaky clean and all paid up. You might want to also consider recon if you are denied. Perhaps offering to shift some credit around or explaining why you're carrying a balance on that card could help?

*When did you apply for the SW biz card and when did the points post? I'm starting to wonder if part of your denial was those two SW cards close together in combination with the higher utilization on the one card.

Amex might claw this back, but like @becauseimnew explained, Chase won't. But it's always good form to make up the spend (IMO, I think it's fair). If she's already spent $1,000 over the MSR, I consider that counting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter