I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

See if the pop up for Amex doesn't effect your credit score. When I go it says approved with no effect to credit score until you accept the card.
Yeah. That's a good idea. I want to wait until after I have cabinets and flooring ordered first. So, hopefully soon. At least I will know if I can get AMEX or not.

Trying to make a game plan to get lots of points... we are going to be doing some remodeling. My brother is a contractor, so I go to his places but they said I can pay them direct - with Credit Cards. Probably around $50,000 or so.

None of the items are ordered yet - still trying to figure out colors and stuff. Most likely would not get anything until end of May. I may be able to pay some in advance - that way I could open some cards now and then again in 3 months or so.

I am 4/24 with 2 cards dropping off in April. Here is what I am thinking for me:
1. AMEX Plat Biz - 150,000 MRs with 15,000 Spend. AMEX has not liked me much for a while, so not sure if I can even get this card. It does Pop up to apply when I log in to my AMEX Account. Does that mean I would be approved or does it not really mean anything?
2. CIU - Can't go wrong with another of these. Just hoping it sticks around a bit for the higher SUB. I just opened 2 SW Biz cards on 11/7 and 12/28. So need to wait a bit with Chase.
3. BOA Biz Advantage - $1000 with $10,000 Spend. Have had this in the past but latest was opened in 12/20 and closed 7/22. Hoping still eligible for this??

DH is 2/24 and just opened the IGH Personal Card on 1/26.
1. Cap One Venture Personal - $75,000 Points with $4000 Spend.
2. CIC - But again would need to wait a bit for Chase
3. BOA Biz Advantage - $1000 with $10,000 Spend. Last one opened on 3/21 and closed 12/22 so not sure if eligible.
4. AMEX Plat or Gold - But again not sure if we can get since AMEX doesn't like us. He gets the pop up when logged in also.

Anything else I might be missing or any other suggestions. Want to take advantage of the spend and get extra points/$$.

Nice! Do the places take Amex?

The plat biz offer sounds like a targeted offer. Those usually don't run into the pop-up.

3. BOA Biz Advantage - $1000 with $10,000 Spend. Have had this in the past but latest was opened in 12/20 and closed 7/22. Hoping still eligible for this??
Do you have a link for this? I've had a card in the past but it should be long enough to get another one.

Do you have a link for this? I've had a card in the past but it should be long enough to get another one.
BTW if you or anyone else is trying for the 1k/10k BoA Biz Unlimited Cash and are running into the blank screen off the DoC link, the workaround is to Save and Exit the application, then go to the myappcenter link and retrieve and complete the application from there. It doesn't ask for Biz info, so I don't know how they will identify the business, but maybe once processed they will follow up with a call or just assume its the same biz as any existing under your login.

AHH! Thanks for posting this....I went and checked my spring break flight..... if we fly in a day earlier we get a fare of 1860 points ($39!!!) naturally i booked them ,a day extra on my trip does not make me sad! Also I called to cancel SWA biz, no retention offers, I sm'd for the personal...and they CALLED me! WHAT?!? anyway it was to verify I wanted to close but that never happened before.

They’ve been calling me at least 1/2 of the times I cancel by SM. I usually don’t answer and then they cancel.

I got a call after I canceled my SW card last month. I didn't answer and they just closed it.

So my JB statement closed on 2/5. I had paid down the balance twice and was going to try and pay it in full before it closed, and then life happened. I was hoping maybe I'd get lucky and get all the points since I did pay down $1200 over the course of the cycle. Nope. I have 2k miles in my JB account and 80k showing on the barclay site :( I'm hoping I still get the point in enough time to use them.

Y'all will like the "date" my BF and I will be doing soon. I wanted to get the Wyndham Biz card before we went to Vegas, but since I got the JB biz card, I wasn't about to try Barclay again, LOL. The match from Wyndham to Caesars is still there, but MGM doesn't match to Gold anymore, only pearl. So I saw the hack now is to go to ACY. Spirit doesn't appear to fly direct to ACY anymore (that was the route that started the airline). So instead once I apply for the Wyndham card, we'll match to Caesar's Diamond. We'll non-rev to PHL, rent a car. Match Caesars to Hard Rock, Hard Rock to Ocean (which comes w/ 2 free nights at the Wynn AND a free 7nt cruise), and then Ocean to MGM Grand and then MGM to Hyatt. They say once we do the MGM/Hyatt match once we should be good to go. But I it might be worth doing the trek to AC to get the free Wynn nights, LOL. I told him we can fly to PHL in the morning, do all these matches and fly back that night. He's like we can spend the night, LOL.

So now, does anyone know how long between Barclay apps? I've never had the Wyndham card prior. I just got the JB card last month (like 1/8/23). I've got to knock out my Delta spend which is $4k. I should be able to do it w/o much effort. Apparently the Wynn/cruise have to be used by June 30th. So not sure if I'll be able to pull that off. Might be worth just doing that match after 7/1. We go to Vegas mid-July. I could always match ASAP and go back in July to rematch, LOL.

AHH! Thanks for posting this....I went and checked my spring break flight..... if we fly in a day earlier we get a fare of 1860 points ($39!!!) naturally i booked them ,a day extra on my trip does not make me sad! Also I called to cancel SWA biz, no retention offers, I sm'd for the personal...and they CALLED me! WHAT?!? anyway it was to verify I wanted to close but that never happened before.
They have called me. When I closed the IHG Traveler they called. They said we see you have the biz card. Are you sure you want to close the traveler card? I said yes please. Then they wanted to transfer my credit. I was like NOOOOO! I was gearing up to do the MDD, LOL. I'm like nope, I'm good!

Y'all will like the "date" my BF and I will be doing soon. I wanted to get the Wyndham Biz card before we went to Vegas, but since I got the JB biz card, I wasn't about to try Barclay again, LOL. The match from Wyndham to Caesars is still there, but MGM doesn't match to Gold anymore, only pearl. So I saw the hack now is to go to ACY. Spirit doesn't appear to fly direct to ACY anymore (that was the route that started the airline). So instead once I apply for the Wyndham card, we'll match to Caesar's Diamond. We'll non-rev to PHL, rent a car. Match Caesars to Hard Rock, Hard Rock to Ocean (which comes w/ 2 free nights at the Wynn AND a free 7nt cruise), and then Ocean to MGM Grand and then MGM to Hyatt. They say once we do the MGM/Hyatt match once we should be good to go. But I it might be worth doing the trek to AC to get the free Wynn nights, LOL. I told him we can fly to PHL in the morning, do all these matches and fly back that night. He's like we can spend the night, LOL.
I am intrigued ;)

I'm actually heading to Vegas at the end of the month and this status match seems doable. Do you know how picky Wyndham is on 'businesses'?

I am intrigued ;)

I'm actually heading to Vegas at the end of the month and this status match seems doable. Do you know how picky Wyndham is on 'businesses'?
They aren’t any pickier than Chase or AMEX, based on my experience with my “business.” I will say that Barclays is notoriously difficult with applications. I had to FAX (yes, FAX) our personal tax returns to get approved for the Wyndham card. But no questions about my “business.” The whole process moved pretty slowly (and the Wyndham-Caesars match can take several weeks - I submitted this year’s match on 2/1 and am still waiting for Caesars to update). All of that to say - I LOVE the Wyndham Earner card for the Caesars match, but it’s not quick or painless! 😂

Ugh, that is going to hurt my budget. We are flying from CDG to GVA. The hotels in Geneva for one night were absurdly high. Not sure if something special is going on or what. So I decided to travel on to Montreux that same day. Rates there and Interlaken aren’t too bad. I’m just bummed I don’t have enough points for my Paris hotel. Park Hyatt definitely wasn’t an option this year!
The Swiss actually say that "outside" people travel THROUGH Switzerland instead of stopping in for gas or food!

Interlaken is beautiful! How about Bern? Did you look at hotels there? Bern is a fun city.
I've also stayed in a B&B in Eggiwil, in the Emmental Valley, for personal travel and that was lovely, but we stayed there because I can trace my roots back to that particular valley town.

When I go, I have no choice but to eat there, stay there, shop there, but I have come to accept the costs associated with it as almost everything is, fortunately, reiumbursed by my company. (Not my new Swiss fondue pot, Swiss Army knives, Swiss camis, Swiss chocolates, Swiss candies, etc. though lol.)

I am thinking of applying for the Cap One Venture card. Are there referral links on dischurners?

I haven't applied for a personal card since Dec. '21, but have applied for and received a few CIUs (which I don't think pull from the bureaus). I did receive the Aviator biz on January 28th.

Anything I should know about a Cap One application before trying?

Last edited:
They aren’t any pickier than Chase or AMEX, based on my experience with my “business.” I will say that Barclays is notoriously difficult with applications. I had to FAX (yes, FAX) our personal tax returns to get approved for the Wyndham card. But no questions about my “business.” The whole process moved pretty slowly (and the Wyndham-Caesars match can take several weeks - I submitted this year’s match on 2/1 and am still waiting for Caesars to update). All of that to say - I LOVE the Wyndham Earner card for the Caesars match, but it’s not quick or painless! 😂
I am waiting on my Caesars Match from Wyndham also. I also submitted on 2/1. I have a Vegas Trip starting on the 25th - so keep checking constantly...

I am waiting on my Caesars Match from Wyndham also. I also submitted on 2/1. I have a Vegas Trip starting on the 25th - so keep checking constantly...
Last year I think I ended up submitting a match request 2-3 times. I don’t know if it helped me finally get matched or not. I’m heading to a Harrahs on the 18th, so I’m also anxious!

I read on DOC where some people were receiving emails from AMEX about allowing for guests in
the Centurion lounge until 2024 without fee or AU. Anyone get one of those?

Thanks. I was approved. When I log in, though, it shows my reward status as Blue. Hopefully it will only take a few days to show up as Diamond because I was hoping to get the Caesars match by the end of the month.

Last year I think I ended up submitting a match request 2-3 times. I don’t know if it helped me finally get matched or not. I’m heading to a Harrahs on the 18th, so I’m also anxious!
Is there any way to Status Match in Vegas? I want to use my $100 Dinner and my room is comped and would like the Resort Fee's Waived. I booked under Diamond, so hopefully it all goes as planned. If nothing shows at the 2 week point - going to see if I can call or chat with someone.

I read on DOC where some people were receiving emails from AMEX about allowing for guests in
the Centurion lounge until 2024 without fee or AU. Anyone get one of those?

Some working theories on r/churning that it's for people who spent $75k across:
1) all plats
2) all Amex cards
3) all personal or biz cards (counts separately)

#1 seems to fit the best so far. No luck for me since I don't fit the pattern however it's diced lol.

Some working theories on r/churning that it's for people who spent $75k across:
1) all plats
2) all Amex cards
3) all personal or biz cards (counts separately)

#1 seems to fit the best so far. No luck for me since I don't fit the pattern however it's diced lol.
I've done all 3 of those and did not receive the offer, but I don't need it, could be YMMV if you met those metrics.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter