I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

Can y’all remind me…

I’ve got a SW biz card where the AF has hit, but the anniversary points haven’t posted yet. I seem to recall that I go ahead and pay the bill including the AF (which is due in 2 days), THEN the anniversary points should hit, THEN I should cancel the card, and the AF should be refunded? Have I got that straight? Mostly wanting to confirm that the AF will be refunded if I pay it and then cancel.
The points should post within a few days of the statement closing. As long as you cancel within 30 days of the AF posting it will be credited.

Heads up for those (like me) who love using PayPal Bill Pay to pay things like property taxes (the update says PayPal is pulling from bank accounts even when credit card has been selected as the method of payment):

https://www.doctorofcredit.com/payp...-cards/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter
This happened to me. I told them I didn't authorize them to do this and essentially had to file a claim with PP but I am not sure that will result in anything helpful. Fortunately, it wasn't for property taxes, just a utility bill but it is SUPER annoying. I removed my bank account information from my account to see if I can make it work that way for next time.

I've heard differences as well. The most common is 30 days from posting date so I try to stick with that to be safe.
I will say, last year we went to 30 days after statement date with DH's CSR before PCing and the agent was fine with that. But I worry about a different agent not being fine with that so I'm more careful now and stick to 30 days after posting

This happened to me. I told them I didn't authorize them to do this and essentially had to file a claim with PP but I am not sure that will result in anything helpful. Fortunately, it wasn't for property taxes, just a utility bill but it is SUPER annoying. I removed my bank account information from my account to see if I can make it work that way for next time.

Hmmm, I wonder if this will happen to me. I only have a credit card in my paypal account. I was getting ready to try and pay my water bills, so I guess I'll try and see.

So my Hyatt Q1 bonus was 20% back on points redemptions up to max 30,000pts. I wasn't 100% sure it would work on reservations I already had outstanding, but can now confirm that I received my 30,000 points back on my Costa Rica trip which was booked 9 months ago.

Happy days - that's like getting 1.5 nights free. :jumping1:
where did you get this bonus?

We are flying home on Emirates from Milan Italy to JFK in June in Business class!

We need new luggage. Our tickets say 2 checked luggage per person up to 32 kg (70lbs) each.

There was NO mention of the luggage size for the checked in luggage.

I poked around the Emirates website and it states that flights to/from the US, the luggage size can not exceed 150 cm (59 inches).

While shopping for checked luggage, that rules out a LOT of the larger 29" checked luggage that range from 61-63".

We would have to go down to the 24-25" luggage size.

Anyone have experience on how strict Emirates is about the luggage size?

Thanks.
While I've never flown with Emirates, I've flown biz class with Austrian, Lufthansa, Air Canada, American, British, Qatar, South African and probably more airlines that I can't recall ATM and none of them measured my luggage. More than a few times I have been over (sometimes by more than 10lbs) the weight limit and other than 1 time with BA (who made me do some juggling between suitcases) I have never been charged a dime (though I'd be more than willing to pay).

Congrats on scoring Emirates biz class -- is it the A350? The bar/lounge on that plane looks very cool!

If I'm flying in the day before the cruise I would be reluctant to rely on the CSR coverage. I might be ok with it if I'm in the area days before the cruise. We don't need medical since our insurance covers us outside the US. The CSR medical evacuation is only 100k, but now that I know the premium Amex cards has that, it's less of a concern.

The devil's in the details with travel insurance, so I'm always rereading the coverage with the specific trip in mind.
Where did you see the medical evacuation on the Amex cards.? Does that include the personal Platinum? I looked at my documentation and online on my account and could not find anything regarding medical evacuation or medical coverage. Thank you.

here.Where did you see the medical evacuation on the Amex cards.? Does that include the personal Platinum? I looked at my documentation and online on my account and could not find anything regarding medical evacuation or medical coverage. Thank you.

Policies are here. The super premium cards have the Premium Global Assist that comes with medical evacuation. First page is very vague, 5th page has more details.

There is no medical coverage. I don't think any cc has that.

While I've never flown with Emirates, I've flown biz class with Austrian, Lufthansa, Air Canada, American, British, Qatar, South African and probably more airlines that I can't recall ATM and none of them measured my luggage. More than a few times I have been over (sometimes by more than 10lbs) the weight limit and other than 1 time with BA (who made me do some juggling between suitcases) I have never been charged a dime (though I'd be more than willing to pay).

Congrats on scoring Emirates biz class -- is it the A350? The bar/lounge on that plane looks very cool!

Thanks!

It is the Airbus A380-800.

Very excited.

Weird. I do too. But I looked through my rewards history and don't see where I got the rewards. I wonder what I can actually buy at Staples (besides Visa gift cards.
I used to buy Keurig pods, cleaning stuff and whatever whenever I got a reward or great coupon combined with a credit card offer/or good rate. It's not the cheapest but usually worked out, but I haven't bought anything since early December other than gift cards.

I went to look at my rewards account and can't figure out how to get in it. I have my rewards account number. Since I spent $1000 this past week I am now curious.

I got an email from Staples yesterday that I mysteriously have $30 in Staples rewards also. I had to create an account, despite them having my email and phone number I had never set up an online account. I have only bought gift cards lately.

I used to buy Keurig pods, cleaning stuff and whatever whenever I got a reward or great coupon combined with a credit card offer/or good rate. It's not the cheapest but usually worked out, but I haven't bought anything since early December other than gift cards.

I went to look at my rewards account and can't figure out how to get in it. I have my rewards account number. Since I spent $1000 this past week I am now curious.
There is the Staples app (old) and the Staples Connect app (newer). When you shop in the store, the cashier really pushes you to download the Staples Connect app when you get home.

The idiotic thing is that if you already have the Staples app, you can't use the same log in info on the Staples Connect app.

If you are having trouble accessing your rewards, try using the Staples app rather than the Staples Connect app.

The second idiotic thing is that the Staples rewards certificates often don't have the dollar amount on them these days. When I called to ask about it, I was told it's a known glitch - but that was months ago.

This past Monday I supported DH to the amex biz gold and was able to pull a 130,000 MR SUB. I had been going back and forth about getting him this card and followed the support link and it was always 85K, so when I saw this I jumped on it right then. Was trying to see if I could generate a support link for a friend and again showed 85K for a couple days, and then today on chrome incognito it pulled the 130K. I wanted to share because I felt like this was a really great offer, especially considering I'll get 25K support from my biz plat.

Obviously, I wouldn't go hog-wild on this and get a ridiculous amount of kits.

I am posting this as a way to build up your frequent flyer miles while getting something which some people find useful, and getting reimbursed in full for doing it. Please do not reply with your opinions about the pandemic, testing, or politics. Don't get me in trouble!

One thing to keep in mind if you are gathering a stash of COVID kits -- check the expiration dates. We had gathered a small number of tests when you could get them from gov from USPS and once from Insurance and a couple tests from my employer. I had COVID in May 2022 and it wasn't until late December this year that we had any need to test, but I ended up with a very mild cold after the holidays and tested. Nearly ALL of the tests we'd gathered were expired. I wouldn't even have thought about it, had the first test I used not even show the "control" line. Then I started checking the dates.

Policies are here. The super premium cards have the Premium Global Assist that comes with medical evacuation. First page is very vague, 5th page has more details.

There is no medical coverage. I don't think any cc has that.

For the Personal Plat it says:
"In the event the Card Member or another Covered Family Member becomes injured...."

What would be considered "another Covered Family Member"? Would that imply immediate family member, or would that person need to be an Auth User?

I haven't figured out our Travel Insurance for our June Ireland trip, but it's on my list and trying to figure out what we need to get covered for, etc.

One thing to keep in mind if you are gathering a stash of COVID kits -- check the expiration dates. We had gathered a small number of tests when you could get them from gov from USPS and once from Insurance and a couple tests from my employer. I had COVID in May 2022 and it wasn't until late December this year that we had any need to test, but I ended up with a very mild cold after the holidays and tested. Nearly ALL of the tests we'd gathered were expired. I wouldn't even have thought about it, had the first test I used not even show the "control" line. Then I started checking the dates.

For the Personal Plat it says:
"In the event the Card Member or another Covered Family Member becomes injured...."

What would be considered "another Covered Family Member"? Would that imply immediate family member, or would that person need to be an Auth User?

I haven't figured out our Travel Insurance for our June Ireland trip, but it's on my list and trying to figure out what we need to get covered for, etc.

The relevant section would be this one:

"Premium Global Assist Hotline may provide, at no cost, the following emergency services to covered Card Members (and additional Card Members) and their Covered Family Members, defined as the spouse or domestic partner and dependent children under the age of 23 (or under the age of 26 if enrolled in school on a full-time basis) who are traveling on the same trip itinerary as the Card Member"

So nuclear family member and they wouldn't need to be AU is how I read it. Sounds like AUs would be covered as well without being a nuclear family member? Not sure if that would only apply to the plat AUs vs the free gold AUs.

I think a lot of the Covid test expirations were extended. Though no control is of course no good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter