I love credit cards so much! v6.0 - 2023 (see first page for add'l details)

So weird. I just saved 5-6k points (each) on spring break SW flights. I did DDs flight first and saved 5k then cancelled my CP and changed mine but the price already had changed from what I got on DDs flight, luckily lower by 1k. So for mine I saved 6k. Went back to change DDs for the extra 1k and it isn’t showing any additional difference. I know sometimes they only have so many priced at a level but weird that 5 min difference impacted us.

Still happy as I’ve been checking 2-3 times a week and this is the first time the flights went down since I booked opening day.

Southwest CP question: are they still checking in the companion with the CP holders reservation? I don’t want to buy an additional EB if I don’t need to.

Chase just changed the SW SUB for personal cards from a support. Thru 3/19/23 the SUB is earn CP through 2/28/24 and 30,000 RR pts. It did not list the MSR. The Chase website is still listing the 50,000 pts SUB. I was just getting ready to have DD apply from a support from DH as he works on earning a CP. I will need to check later today to see if the saved link will still work for 50,000 RR pts or if DD will need to wait. DD needs the higher RR pts not a CP so this offer is not better for us.

DD received two mailings for an AMEX Gold with 90,000 MR's good through March. I was going to have her get the SW first and then the AMEX in March. I guess if SW does not work now we will switch and do AMEX first.
From what I saw online the MSR is $4k in the first 3 months

My cousin just applied for the SW Card with the 50,000 RR points. She was hoping for the companion pass offer as its just her and her DH flying this year. I knew it was offered in February but I hadn't seen anything about it, so she decided to go ahead and apply. If she wants to switch to the companion pass deal, could she call in and get that awarded vs the 50,000 RR points? I believe she applied Saturday and then this was released today?! Any help would be appreciated!

Chase just changed the SW SUB for personal cards from a support. Thru 3/19/23 the SUB is earn CP through 2/28/24 and 30,000 RR pts. It did not list the MSR. The Chase website is still listing the 50,000 pts SUB. I was just getting ready to have DD apply from a support from DH as he works on earning a CP. I will need to check later today to see if the saved link will still work for 50,000 RR pts or if DD will need to wait. DD needs the higher RR pts not a CP so this offer is not better for us.

DD received two mailings for an AMEX Gold with 90,000 MR's good through March. I was going to have her get the SW first and then the AMEX in March. I guess if SW does not work now we will switch and do AMEX first.
Just checked my saved link on Reddit and it still shows the 50,000 offer so hopefully yours is fine

So weird. I just saved 5-6k points (each) on spring break SW flights. I did DDs flight first and saved 5k then cancelled my CP and changed mine but the price already had changed from what I got on DDs flight, luckily lower by 1k. So for mine I saved 6k. Went back to change DDs for the extra 1k and it isn’t showing any additional difference. I know sometimes they only have so many priced at a level but weird that 5 min difference impacted us.

Still happy as I’ve been checking 2-3 times a week and this is the first time the flights went down since I booked opening day.

Southwest CP question: are they still checking in the companion with the CP holders reservation? I don’t want to buy an additional EB if I don’t need to.
We just flew on Sunday and it checked my companion in with me

Some of you might think this is a wacky way to spend on a credit card, but I'll mention it anyway.

Currently, my health insurance will reimburse me in full for buying up to 8 COVID home tests per month. That's per test, not per kit; a lot of the packages come with 2 tests in them. If I had other family members on my health plan, it would be 8 per person on the plan per month.

So I went to the store, bought some test kits, and paid with a credit card which I am using to build up frequent flyer miles. I will submit to my insurance and they will send me a check.

A few things to keep in mind:

We currently are in the middle of two federal emergencies related to the Pandemic. The president announced last week that the emergencies will end mid-May. It's possible that reimbursement will go away then. So if you are someone who would want to have the kits, and you can get reimbursed, don't wait until it's too late.

Also, the latest "Is it a scam or just annoying" calls are from companies trying to get you to use them to get the test kits. I assume they want you to give them your credit card info to buy through them, and they will tell you that you can then submit to your health plan to get reimbursed. Are they legit or a scam? Who knows. But I wouldn't take the risk. (I got two of these calls in the past 30 minutes.)

Obviously, I wouldn't go hog-wild on this and get a ridiculous amount of kits.

I am posting this as a way to build up your frequent flyer miles while getting something which some people find useful, and getting reimbursed in full for doing it. Please do not reply with your opinions about the pandemic, testing, or politics. Don't get me in trouble!

We currently are in the middle of two federal emergencies related to the Pandemic. The president announced last week that the emergencies will end mid-May. It's possible that reimbursement will go away then. So if you are someone who would want to have the kits, and you can get reimbursed, don't wait until it's too late.
I don't like this, we are going to Japan in mid-June and 3 of us will need PCR test. That means we'll have to pay for them.

I received a response from AA customer relations WRT to my Cabo flight situation (I didn't wait for the refunds dept. to respond to me re-submitting my claim). This is what they had to say:

Hello *WDW*Groupie*:
Thank you for contacting Customer Relations. I am happy to respond to your inquiry regarding your recent travel.
"Our records show that ticket xxx was exchanged to Trip Credit xxx for $535.24, exchanged for ticket xxx along with a Visa Payment of $116.69 toward payment for the ticket. Our Refunds team refunded $44.14 reason downgrade involuntary for Chicago to Los Cabos Flight 1283 on January 16th .
We have re-submitted your request to our Refunds team for review. You can check the refund request using ticket xxx. Please allow 7-10 days to process.
*WDW*Groupie*, we appreciate your loyalty and for choosing American Airlines. Someone from our refunds team will contact you shortly."

Since I have little faith in AA, I also filed a case with the DOT, which gives AA 30 days to respond. Interesting how HAs records differ entirely mine (I show credit voucher of $617 and $300 and change on my Visa).

How long have Chase support points been taking these days? Card was approved on 1/26, no points yet.

How long have Chase support points been taking these days? Card was approved on 1/26, no points yet.
I was approved for a CIC on 1/23, support points were there by 2/2. Could have been there a day or 2 earlier but that was the day I checked and transferred them. I though they arrived on Tuesdays, maybe check tomorrow?

Anyone else having trouble with the Chick Fil A app?

I'm trying to load up using the Chase offers ($5 back for $10 spend in restaurants) as I have it on multiple cards, and the app is not letting me add a credit card.

I’ve been using my CSR and PYB…so no cash outlay for groceries….really really miss using PYB on dining
Miss that PYB also. I've been using my 6% AmEx BCP for groceries, they upgraded me fee-free for a year (with a cash bonus). We had just finished DH's fee-free year and downgraded his back to BCE when my offer came. We don't spend $6000 a year at grocery stores, so I bought a bunch of gift cards at stores we use.

FROM DOC: Chase is offering the following bonus on the Southwest Plus, Premier, and Priority cards:
  • Get 30,000 points + a companion pass which is good through 2/28/24 when you spend $4,000 within the first 3 months.
This signup offer is slated to end on March 13, 2023.
This sounds like a good deal seeing if you were to fly multiple times a year. Is the MSR high for that reward?

Anyone else having trouble with the Chick Fil A app?

I'm trying to load up using the Chase offers ($5 back for $10 spend in restaurants) as I have it on multiple cards, and the app is not letting me add a credit card.

Did you try to do multiple? Seems to be limited to 3 per day.

Cash prices for travel = insane.
Points prices for travel = insane.

I broke down and booked my flights to Greece for October. I've been tracking for a few weeks and prices were only getting worse. You may recall I was supposed to take the trip this past October but Virgin Voyages canceled the sailing... so I had redeposited the miles for the flights when that happened. It cost WAY more points today. Plus, limited availability.

Hotel prices for the same place I had originally booked went way up too.

To that end, I did just see this article: https://www.cnn.com/travel/article/europe-vacation-booked-solid/index.html

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter